Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Lmfao. See this is what I was talking about, make a move like this and you can crack all the jokes you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Biggest trade in franchise history since Gary Carter, I'm thinking.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    The fact that we got Carrasco in this deal too is so ****ing clutch! He has an amazing contract (2/24 with a team option for 14M).

The best part is that we still have Mauricio who is far and away the best SS prospect we have!

Porter, Sandy, and Cohen absolutely killed it here.
    Yessir, Mauricio is my guy who was one of the few i was hoping wouldn't be involved in any trades. I'm a huge fan and think he can play 2B or 3B as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    maybe we'll acquire Hand, Bauer and Kluber next, New York Indians lol
    We already got the New York Wildcats so why not.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Johan?

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Agreed. Biggest since Johan, before that probably Piazza.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Johan?

This is much bigger than Johan.

Piazza might be more analagous, though.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

This is much bigger than Johan.

Piazza might be more analagous, though.
    Wait how? When Johan was traded here he was the best pitcher in baseball, easily top 10 player in all of MLB, and 29 years old. I would say they are very comparable.

I loved Giminez' baseball IQ and high upside but Lindor is a 27 year old superstar. Plus, for a change we sold high on Giminez. We parlayed a 60 game breakout into something big.So good luck, Andres!

Carter, Piazza and even Keith all came after they were 30. They gave us some of the best moments in franchise history but Lindor still may not have peaked, and he's going to be part of a loaded lineup.

I don't know why Cleveland wanted Rosario and Giminez unless they're going to flip one. Rosario has a ton of talent but his inconsistency never made me want to see him coming up in a big situation.

The Carrasco addition isn't getting enough credit. He's exactly what we needed and under control for two years with an option. I like him more than almost any FA pitcher not named Bauer, and the contract he comes with is reasonable

Funny note which may actually help in the long-term recruitment of Lindor: Alex Cohen just tweeted that she comes from the same town in Puerto Rico as Francisco. Stuff like that matters, in addition to $275m contracts.

With Mauricio in the wings and Guillorme more than capable as a backup, sending two SSs isn't a big deal to me, because there's nowhere for them now. I'm actually glad that Guillorme will get a chance at super-subbing at 2B, SS and 3B, because there had been a log jam.

Greene has a high upside but he was a small sample size of success before we drafted him and last year was a lost year developmentally, so who knows?.Plus, I'm guessing the FO sees Crow Armstrong as the better long-term answer in CF

Wolf, IMO is the key for Cleveland. He's a legit big time arm and they have a great track record of developing pitchers. And then letting them go!

I wish they'd make a call on the DH soon. Having it would be huge in terms of rotating Dom, JD and Pete.

Bauer doesn't really make sense any more, although we do potentially lose Syndergaard and Stroman after this year.

I'm guessing we get another power arm for the bullpen (though I believe Hand and Hendriks want to be guaranteed closer duties and will sign elsewhere) and a CF. JBJ would be fine but Springer doesn't seem out of the question. Crazy.

I honestly think the package we gave up is okay if we end up not signing Lindor long term. I think we will approach an extension and hope that he likes it here and will take it, but if he doesn't then we can't force him to. He has a lot of leverage and money may not be the only factor. I think with Cohen, we will do everything we can to lock him up but if he doesn't want to be here long term it is on him... But this trade doesn't set us back if he doesn't want to be here long term. We can always get another SS in the market next year as there will likely be others. And we just have to hope we make a run and he will want to stay long term here.

The trade for Cleveland is odd, I agree it does seem like they want to flip one of the two, or they weren't sold on both so they wanted them both to give as many chances as they can because they're rebuilding anyways. Regardless I thought it was a great trade. If we sign him long term, which I believe we will put 100% to do so and Cohen will open his wallets to do so, then it becomes a slam dunk franchise altering deal. If we don't sign him long term, I still don't think this is a bad trade.

Sort of like the Mookie Betts trade the Dodgers made last year. Bet that the superstar likes the franchise of your team and will want to be the face of it. And if it doesn't work out, well you didn't mortgage the future for it.

Worth nothing that with the new CBA the luxury tax threshold is almost certain to go up significantly, so whatever penalties we might amass this year might not last.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I honestly think the package we gave up is okay if we end up not signing Lindor long term. I think we will approach an extension and hope that he likes it here and will take it, but if he doesn't then we can't force him to. He has a lot of leverage and money may not be the only factor. I think with Cohen, we will do everything we can to lock him up but if he doesn't want to be here long term it is on him... But this trade doesn't set us back if he doesn't want to be here long term. We can always get another SS in the market next year as there will likely be others. And we just have to hope we make a run and he will want to stay long term here.

The trade for Cleveland is odd, I agree it does seem like they want to flip one of the two, or they weren't sold on both so they wanted them both to give as many chances as they can because they're rebuilding anyways. Regardless I thought it was a great trade. If we sign him long term, which I believe we will put 100% to do so and Cohen will open his wallets to do so, then it becomes a slam dunk franchise altering deal. If we don't sign him long term, I still don't think this is a bad trade.

Sort of like the Mookie Betts trade the Dodgers made last year. Bet that the superstar likes the franchise of your team and will want to be the face of it. And if it doesn't work out, well you didn't mortgage the future for it.
    You're right: it's a really odd trade for Cleveland. I feel for their fans.
    We absolutely depleted our farm again for this but we traded from positional strength (SS), received a young star at that position and still have a great prospect in the wings. Greene is an unknown and far from a sure thing.We can get Wolf back when he becomes arb eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Wait how? When Johan was traded here he was the best pitcher in baseball, easily top 10 player in all of MLB, and 29 years old. I would say they are very comparable.
    Johan as a starting pitcher, as good as he was, wasn't the impact player of an everyday shortstop who can hit 35 homers a season. His pickup is more comparable to Piazza or Carter IMO, everyday players who packed a wallop at traditionally defensive-minded positions.

Trade Official: Mets trade for Lindor and Carrasco

Not gonna lie, part of me is a little bummed that Rosario didn’t pan out for us like we hoped. I feel like I grew up with Rosario (he signed at 16 in 2012) and we’re a little over a year apart in age. Hope he can figure it out and have great success with the Indians.

I think the Mets effectively sold high on Gimenez and maybe salvaged Rosario’s trade value before another potentially subpar season. Wolf and Greene are both talented, but they’re far away with tons of risk.

Since Piazza.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast