Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 232 of 284 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4258
  1. #3466
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,250
    Can't compare looting and rioting with federal building being taken over and threatening political figures. We have always had riots and looting, ie Boston Tea Party, and protests that have turned violent, ie Kent State, Bloody Selma. The last time our political figures, collectively, were worrying about being killed was during the Civil War, before that the War of 1812.

    BYW, there was no internal dialogue over the internet about rounding up the troops, by ANTIFA like it was for the Trumpsters. Quit trying to spread their actions on others. There is not one shred of evidence that ANTIFA was involved because it there were, OAN, FOX and every other republican talking head would still be talking about it.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  2. #3467
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't care about an armed movement trying to change the outcome of a political election doesn't care about our country.
    Great, once again a conservative trying to play down the raid and play up the looting. The young grasshopper has learnt well from his republicans' talking heads.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  3. #3468
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,886
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Great, once again a conservative trying to play down the raid and play up the looting. The young grasshopper has learnt well from his republicans' talking heads.
    Itís weird how they keep trying to make this an issue of damages and not that the President tried to overthrow the results of an election.

  4. #3469
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Itís weird how they keep trying to make this an issue of damages and not that the President tried to overthrow the results of an election.
    Especially when it results in raiding a Federal Building while Congress was in session? Nope, no biggie. A mob violent actions directed at a building where we have our elected officials were and cops got hurt and killed? Hey, it was just a regular touring group don't go wacko on us, you lefty.

    I thought this was a fear for parents between them and their kids, but when I see the level of disconnection people are having on this, it is frightful. Anything can be irrationally ignored by these people if it doesn't serve their agenda and making Jan 6th a non-event fits well.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  5. #3470
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,886
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Especially when it results in raiding a Federal Building while Congress was in session? Nope, no biggie. A mob violent actions directed at a building where we have our elected officials were and cops got hurt and killed? Hey, it was just a regular touring group don't go wacko on us, you lefty.

    I thought this was a fear for parents between them and their kids, but when I see the level of disconnection people are having on this, it is frightful. Anything can be irrationally ignored by these people if it doesn't serve their agenda and making Jan 6th a non-event fits well.
    What's scary to me is thinking of how many people would have gone along had Trump succeeded in getting states and the DOJ to say the results were fraudulent and declared himself the winner. How many people here alone would have been supporting Trump ending Democracy in America? I bet a fair few.

  6. #3471
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What's scary to me is thinking of how many people would have gone along had Trump succeeded in getting states and the DOJ to say the results were fraudulent and declared himself the winner. How many people here alone would have been supporting Trump ending Democracy in America? I bet a fair few.
    Shows one how fragile our democracy is, I feel. The system held this time because people in high positions prevented it. Three cheers for the deep state, I suppose. We are coming to the realization that some of us want to overthrow this democracy because of THEIR stupid fears and selfish views.

    I hope, but don't believe, things don't get worse, climate, economically or social-wise because we won't fair well if we remain this violently opposed to each other while losing faith in the government and shared reality.

    We can't just see the raid on the Federal Building as part of a crazy year or presidency, but the tip of a problem that has been growing for a long time. No faith in the system and the growing economical discomfort most are feeling, which is being played on by grifters and bad actors for only their benefit.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-07-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  7. #3472
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,202
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    And looting/riots that happened during protests due to people organizing to voice frustration toward the George Floyd situation, even though I disagree with the premise, doesn't mean those protestors advocated for looting/riots. Trump told them to peacefully assemble. What a few decide to do doesn't mean it was the original intent of the gathering. Correlation does not imply causation. One action that is intended for X to happen but being derailed because Y happened does not mean you can connect it back to that action.

    As for the ANTIFA, I don't know man. How would you even prove that? Not everyone was caught so who knows what incited it?

    Here's what you do: Prosecute those who caused violence, increase safety, teach your guards to not open barricades and allow people to enter the building who aren't authorized, and move on with your life.

    This subpoena, c'mon, you and I both know it is designed to be a hit piece of Trump so they can find any info, twist it, and use it against him in the 2024 election. Let's stop the b/s with that already.
    You didn't answer my question. If Trump quietly concedes the election, does the events of January 6th happen? Does the events of January 6th happen if he is not holding a rally on that date? Because I feel like you dismissing those things is like seeing someone piss in a punch bowl at a party and everyone just ignoring it. Not all of those words leading up to that date were peaceful and his claims of massive voter fraud, a rigged election, etc certainly had a profound effect on his base.

    That's not my case. I'm saying its Trump and his camp's assertion that it was wolves in sheep's clothing. That ANTIFA was the predominant force that laid seige on the capitol building. Where is there any proof of that? Where was someone imitating Trump supporters on that day in the name of extremist leftism?

    Yeah, except for the fact that those guards were significantly outnumbered and the National Guard was delayed in its call upon. An accusation that has been set forth by some of the people who were with Trump as he watched the riot unfold.

    Sure, it has political motivations. Everything in Washington does. That doesn't mean there aren't honest questions. That also doesn't mean we should dismiss how it happened and the day itself. Just based on its potential future repercussions there should be a more significant delve into what, when, and who.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-07-2021 at 06:57 PM.

  8. #3473
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,292
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I don't think anyone cares about Jan 6th anymore except wackos who are upset that the FBI investigation on Trump was a massive failure.
    Nah, it's just Trump sycophants and low intelligence Republicans that don't care about January 6th. Good to see you proudly associate with one, the other, or both.

  9. #3474
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,292
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No I didn't support the violence behind the rioting. I supported the cause and the reason behind the protesting. There's a big difference.
    Not to someone that prefers to paint everyone that doesn't think exactly like him with the broadest brush imaginable.

  10. #3475
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,994
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Nah, it's just Trump sycophants and low intelligence Republicans that don't care about January 6th. Good to see you proudly associate with one, the other, or both.
    There are also a lot of them that want to get back to Republican judges and tax cuts for their donors and want to put that whole ďoverturning the electionĒ thing put behind us.

  11. #3476
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You didn't answer my question. If Trump quietly concedes the election, does the events of January 6th happen? Does the events of January 6th happen if he is not holding a rally on that date? Because I feel like you dismissing those things is like seeing someone piss in a punch bowl at a party and everyone just ignoring it. Not all of those words leading up to that date were peaceful and his claims of massive voter fraud, a rigged election, etc certainly had a profound effect on his base.

    That's not my case. I'm saying its Trump and his camp's assertion that it was wolves in sheep's clothing. That ANTIFA was the predominant force that laid seige on the capitol building. Where is there any proof of that? Where was someone imitating Trump supporters on that day in the name of extremist leftism?

    Yeah, except for the fact that those guards were significantly outnumbered and the National Guard was delayed in its call upon. An accusation that has been set forth by some of the people who were with Trump as he watched the riot unfold.

    Sure, it has political motivations. Everything in Washington does. That doesn't mean there aren't honest questions. That also doesn't mean we should dismiss how it happened and the day itself. Just based on its potential future repercussions there should be a more significant delve into what, when, and who.
    Why must we constantly stress those points every other month since Jan 6th?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  12. #3477
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,202
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Why must we constantly stress those points every other month since Jan 6th?
    I know its a rhetorical question but its because people like to downplay Trump's responsibility in everything from November 3th to January 20th. These people were lone gunmen acting by themselves, for no one, and the man who was constantly poking the bear trying to find some way to get this election overturned bares no responsibility. If they can't downplay it, they downplay the event instead
    .
    Special spent months defending Trump at every turn. Its easy if you close your eyes and believe hard enough.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-07-2021 at 08:15 PM.

  13. #3478
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,250
    I do love the old hits. Maybe ANTIFA was involved? Butwhatabout those riots or BLM? Or my all-time favorite. Quoting out of the leftist handbook when facts are presented.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  14. #3479
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,250
    That reminds me. I got to get my thick double-bound corinthian leather Leftist Handbook updated.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  15. #3480
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,994
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I do love the old hits. Maybe ANTIFA was involved? Butwhatabout those riots or BLM? Or my all-time favorite. Quoting out of the leftist handbook when facts are presented.
    ANTIFA is involved but we canít investigate it to prove that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •