Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 163 of 264 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3947
  1. #2431
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Thereís plenty we could mention that could help them besides BlM. You literally just said it doesnít matter what answer I provide because you only want to talk about BLM.

    I want to talk about the children. Let me know when youíre done talking about BLM so we can talk about them.
    If BLM spent half their time and energy helping the children they could get a lot accomplished. Thatís a fact. Instead itís all about cop shootings and racial police problems which wonít solve any problems and just divide the country more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2432
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    If BLM spent half their time and energy helping the children they could get a lot accomplished. Thatís a fact. Instead itís all about cop shootings and racial police problems which wonít solve any problems and just divide the country more.
    If they couldn't solve the problems they are currently speaking out against, what makes you think they'd suddenly solve this problem? You guys are caught in a hate contradiction where you talk about how worthless they are and also how much they could do.

  3. #2433
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If they couldn't solve the problems they are currently speaking out against, what makes you think they'd suddenly solve this problem? You guys are caught in a hate contradiction where you talk about how worthless they are and also how much they could do.
    They arenít worthless. But they are wasting their time and money on this. Thereís very small amount of cop shootings that are not justified.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #2434
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    They arenít worthless. But they are wasting their time and money on this. Thereís very small amount of cop shootings that are not justified.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How many of those cop shootings that are unjustified are against people of color? Are more people of color being killed by cops than white people unjustly?

  5. #2435
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    They arenít worthless. But they are wasting their time and money on this. Thereís very small amount of cop shootings that are not justified.
    BLM and I disagree. Thereís way too many unjustified police shootings. Youíve kind of illustrated why they exist.

  6. #2436
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    BLM and I disagree. Thereís way too many unjustified police shootings. Youíve kind of illustrated why they exist.
    How many unjustified shootings are there compared to gang violence and other shootings that kill people? I mean thereís been several 10 year old kids who have been killed in gang shootings where they were in the crossfire




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2437
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    How many unjustified shootings are there compared to gang violence and other shootings that kill people? I mean thereís been several 10 year old kids who have been killed in gang shootings where they were in the crossfire
    The mere fact that youíre trying to compare gangs and the police shows how bad the problem is. The best thing you can say about police shootings shouldnít be ďwell gangs shoot moreĒ.

  8. #2438
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,225
    Young Black men and teens are killed by guns 20 times more than their white counterparts, CDC data shows

    Young Black men and teens made up more than a third of firearm homicide victims in the USA in 2019, one of several disparities revealed in a review of gun mortality data released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

    The analysis, titled "A Public Health Crisis in the Making," found that although Black men and boys ages 15 to 34 make up just 2% of the nation's population, they were among 37% of gun homicides that year.

    That's 20 times higher than white males of the same age group.

    Of all reported firearm homicides in 2019, more than half of victims were Black men, according to the study spearheaded by the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Sixty-three percent of male victims were Black.

    The contrast is even more stark when the rates were compared with white people: Across all ages, Black men were nearly 14 times more likely to die in a firearm homicide than white men, and eight times more likely to die in a firearm homicide than the general population, including women.

    Black women and girls are also at higher risk. Black females had the highest risk of being killed by a firearm than females of any other race or ethnicity, and they were four times more likely to be victims than white females.

    "Gun violence has for the longest time been a public health crisis in the Black community," said epidemiologist Ed Clark of Florida A&M Universityís Institute of Public Health.

    The gun violence expert said a "holistic approach" is needed to reduce gun fatalities and injuries.

    "That should include really viewing gun violence as a public health issue. The business of public health is population wellness Ė looking at how we can decrease the disease burden or the threat of injury to the population at large," he said. "And gun violence is definitely a problem that should be looked at through that lens."

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/4559929001

    No one is saying that police shootings isnít a problem but you can clearly tell the bigger of the problem is shootings in general rather than police shootings in general


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #2439
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Brewers, why canít we address both? Why do we have to stop addressing police violence in order to address gang violence?

  10. #2440
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    If BLM spent half their time and energy helping the children they could get a lot accomplished. Thatís a fact. Instead itís all about cop shootings and racial police problems which wonít solve any problems and just divide the country more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You thinking addressing racist police brutality is a point of division is what makes it a waste of time, not their efforts.

    In a hypothetical world where you actually care about police racism or unjustified police shootings and aren't trying to deflect from them, what would you suggest be done to solve those problems?

    You can't even suggest one thing that BLM isn't currently doing or trying to do in that regard. You have this odd complex where you want to make the topic all about BLM, but never actually discuss them--likely because you have no actual awareness about it other these circular talking points.

  11. #2441
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Brewers, why canít we address both? Why do we have to stop addressing police violence in order to address gang violence?
    A lot of the police violence talk is defunding the police stripping them of funding etc

    Please explain how stripping them of funding will help solve gang violence and everything else?

    Also whenever people talk about black on black crime or violence in general weíre accused of being racist etc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #2442
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    You thinking addressing racist police brutality is a point of division is what makes it a waste of time, not their efforts.

    In a hypothetical world where you actually care about police racism or unjustified police shootings and aren't trying to deflect from them, what would you suggest be done to solve those problems?

    You can't even suggest one thing that BLM isn't currently doing or trying to do in that regard. You have this odd complex where you want to make the topic all about BLM, but never actually discuss them--likely because you have no actual awareness about it other these circular talking points.
    This is exactly why nothing will ever happen or get anywhere because of comments like this. Youíre never going to solve unjustified police shootings or crap if you donít solve the underlying issue. The more violence there is within the community the more police encounters there are and the more likelihood we have police encounters that could go wrong.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #2443
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    A lot of the police violence talk is defunding the police stripping them of funding etc

    Please explain how stripping them of funding will help solve gang violence and everything else?

    Also whenever people talk about black on black crime or violence in general weíre accused of being racist etc
    Thatís probably because you never bring it up except to distract from police violence (like right now).

    Stripping funding to police probably wonít solve the issue, but increased gun control, better financial investment, better access to medical care, better education, etc. will.

    Most conservatives have repeatedly denounced such efforts.

  14. #2444
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Thatís probably because you never bring it up except to distract from police violence (like right now).

    Stripping funding to police probably wonít solve the issue, but increased gun control, better financial investment, better access to medical care, better education, etc. will.

    Most conservatives have repeatedly denounced such efforts.
    How will increased gun control solve the issue? Vast majority of guns used in these crimes are either stolen or they get sold on the black market which increased gun control wonít solve


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #2445
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    How will increased gun control solve the issue? Vast majority of guns used in these crimes are either stolen or they get sold on the black market which increased gun control wonít solve
    A national gun registry showing who bought which firearms absolutely would because then we could stop the miles who legally purchase the guns and re-sell them on the black market, which is where the majority of the guns in Chicago come from. It absolutely would help reduce the problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •