Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 132 of 284 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4258
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Short answer -- No. Biden won the election fairly.
    Totally. One guy was hired, the other was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Furthermore, Trump wasn't even my choice for president in the 2020 election. I just preferred him to Biden.

I think Trump would take any legal approach to stay president as long as it took and I think Republicans did feel there were irregularities in the election and thus, believed it was a false election. Again, this hypothetical scenario you are trying to place on me to get an imaginative response is pretty bizarre to me. I don't give a F. I think Republicans dropped the ball on the election fraud issue and Trump would have done much better for his 2024 odds if he gracefully conceded. All this other stuff you're asking me is just random as hell designed to generate some GOTCHA response.

You realize Pence overturning the electoral college vote was not legal and thus Trump advocating that was him taking a non-legal approach to staying President right?

Thereís no need to answer, we both believe the same thing: we both know Trump would have used that to stay President and Republicans would have gone along with it. In fact, thatís the reason you donít want to answer.

I really doubt it. They are put on the court to uphold the law, as opposed to make it.
    Do people really believe this? I know most people say it performatively but I donít think people honestly believe it. Itís just one of those platitudes people say even though no one really believes it.

Yes I really believe this. If you don't, you are being very cynical.

I can see both perspectives but I lean that they would rule Penceís action is unconstitutional based on the letter of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You said people experience worse in their daily lives. Then you say someone witnessing their streets being burned down right in front of their home.

Yet at the top youíre arguing you donít have to be there. So which is it? Youíre far too intelligent to be arguing opposing points like you are, so pick one.

Also, it is very interesting you are trying to trivialize the severity of Jan. 6th and in doing so are wildly exaggerating what happened in Seattle. I live near Seattle, it was not the war zone you are making it out to be.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capito...cupied_Protest

It's okay, kids getting shot and teens getting armed with weapons illegally is perfectly fine. 'War zone.' People who had no business being in that area occupied areas that had small businesses, residential housing, etc., for many weeks but you're telling me their lives aren't affected? War zone is a phrase you chose to use to try and make it seem that I'm being unreasonable. The Capitol Hill wasn't a war zone, either, but never did I imply that you said it was. Why exaggerate?

I'm not catching your presentation of me saying I don't have to be there. I can have an opinion of how my life would be affected without having lived it. Me being there or not has no bearing on how it affected the lives of people who were actually there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TX...hannel=NBCNews

Do I need to be there, in her shoes, to know that she is suffering because of what happened to her? I don't think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capito...cupied_Protest

It's okay, kids getting shot and teens getting armed with weapons illegally is perfectly fine. 'War zone.' People who had no business being in that area occupied areas that had small businesses, residential housing, etc., for many weeks but you're telling me their lives aren't affected? War zone is a phrase you chose to use to try and make it seem that I'm being unreasonable. The Capitol Hill wasn't a war zone, either, but never did I imply that you said it was. Why exaggerate?

I'm not catching your presentation of me saying I don't have to be there. I can have an opinion of how my life would be affected without having lived it. Me being there or not has no bearing on how it affected the lives of people who were actually there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TX...hannel=NBCNews

Do I need to be there, in her shoes, to know that she is suffering because of what happened to her? I don't think so.
    Never said any of it was OK though if you want to compare more people died on Jan. 6th than did during the Seattle ďoccupationĒ. I exaggerated to mock your exaggeration. You made it sound far worse than it was. I literally went there and it was not as bad as youíre describing (which isnít to say it wasnít bad). Iím also pointing out the irony of saying thereís no need to exaggerate Jan. 6thís severity while exaggerating Seattleís in response. Indeed, I pose the question to you: why exaggerate?

The unfortunate thing about being cynical is that itís often a synonym for correct.

Never said any of it was OK though if you want to compare more people died on Jan. 6th than did during the Seattle ďoccupationĒ. I exaggerated to mock your exaggeration. You made it sound far worse than it was. I literally went there and it was not as bad as youíre describing (which isnít to say it wasnít bad). Iím also pointing out the irony of saying thereís no need to exaggerate Jan. 6thís severity while exaggerating Seattleís in response. Indeed, I pose the question to you: why exaggerate?
    You went there = you see the same experience that people who LIVE there suffer? You don't work there, you don't live there, you don't have your family there, you don't have to be there in a daily basis but you're qualified to speak for them because you visited there? I've been to Detroit, Baltimore, and Philly for work purposes. Does that mean I'm an expert on how people's daily lives are in these areas particularly in some areas of Philly where drug use is rampant stretching many miles?

Who is exaggerating? Someone having their business burned down is exaggerating? The Seattle occupation happened over many weeks. The Capitol Hill invasion was a few hours. Please tell me who suffered more when they were exposed to weeks of that CHOP nonsense.

You went there = you see the same experience that people who LIVE there suffer? You don't work there, you don't live there, you don't have your family there, you don't have to be there in a daily basis but you're qualified to speak for them because you visited there? I've been to Detroit, Baltimore, and Philly for work purposes. Does that mean I'm an expert on how people's daily lives are in these areas particularly in some areas of Philly where drug use is rampant stretching many miles?

Who is exaggerating? Someone having their business burned down is exaggerating? The Seattle occupation happened over many weeks. The Capitol Hill invasion was a few hours. Please tell me who suffered more when they were exposed to weeks of that CHOP nonsense.
    The people who suffered more in the Seattle occupation were the people directly in it. But the whole country suffered more from the Capitol attack. It was an attack on our Democracy. Why you keep trying to excuse that is beyond me.

He's high IQ, bro. Get on his level.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    He's high IQ, bro. Get on his level.
    Canít be high IQ unless he posts a number on social media.

The people who suffered more in the Seattle occupation were the people directly in it. But the whole country suffered more from the Capitol attack. It was an attack on our Democracy. Why you keep trying to excuse that is beyond me.
    My intentions weren't to excuse it but I do see how it may come across as that. I've stated that it was bad but we all know that if they were seriously trying to threaten the government establishment, it would have ended far worse. It was again, an attack caused by idiots who need to be in prison. There was no substance in it. Camping outside people's homes and neighborhood for weeks causing a ruckus... let's see how politicians would have felt in those circumstances but refused to speak up about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    He did cause it.

He told them to be there on Jan 6. He told them where to go on Jan 6.
    did you forget that protesting is a legal American right.

were you unaware of the thousands of people at the Capitol that day that were protesting.

Trump has had violent rhetoric, nothing related to January 6th.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome