Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1366590948927442944

This mother****er talking about abandoning lol.

This while every house Republican voted against

--$1,400 stimulus checks
    ó Increased unemployment benefits
    ó State/local government aid
    ó $3,000+ child tax credits
    ó Funds to reopen schools
    ó Funds for vaccine distribution
    ó Funds for rental assistance
    ó Small business relief
    Thankfully folks don't seem to be falling for the Republican ploy to try and split the middle class and lower class on support for this plan and others. Trying to make it so you have to have made $50,000 or less on your last tax return to be eligible for the checks appears to have failed.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1366590948927442944

This mother****er talking about abandoning lol.

This while every house Republican voted against

--$1,400 stimulus checks
    ó Increased unemployment benefits
    ó State/local government aid
    ó $3,000+ child tax credits
    ó Funds to reopen schools
    ó Funds for vaccine distribution
    ó Funds for rental assistance
    ó Small business relief
    The problem with that bill isnít the stimulus checks or anything itís the other wasteful spending that has nothing to do with COVID

Why should the bill have 170 M for a tunnel near Pelosi district? The money hasnít been fully spent either from the last stimulus

Hereís a video from MSNBC where an Obama official said it was a bad bill

https://twitter.com/kjdrennen/status...104758272?s=20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there's 20 billion in total for public transportation, so it's not like they targeted Pelosi's district

Not sure how much, if any, of this has changed but
    https://beta.documentcloud.org/docum...heet?sidebar=0
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The problem with that bill isnít the stimulus checks or anything itís the other wasteful spending that has nothing to do with COVID

Why should the bill have 170 M for a tunnel near Pelosi district? The money hasnít been fully spent either from the last stimulus

Hereís a video from MSNBC where an Obama official said it was a bad bill

Yeah, where was the problem with the other 2 COVID bills spearheaded by Republicans that included pork spending and trillions of dollars in tax cuts for the top 1%? Let's stop the BS. That's in every bill. People are in need of help now. If they want to revise the bill, they should have done it already. When is there going to be aid to do the things necessary to help the economy, help people, etc? June? July? November?

Targeted relief doesn't exist in Congress. If it did, they would have given more assistance to people with lesser incomes and funnel most of the remaining money to vaccine distribution, small business relief, and increased unemployment benefits.

Either way, what Cruz said is complete ********. Republicans aren't the party of the working class. Not to say Democrats are either but they are a lot more in tune with said constituency than Republicans are.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-02-2021 at 04:31 PM.

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status...84172422004738

Now she can claim she will never lie to viewers of Fox News.

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status...84172422004738

Now she can claim she will never lie to viewers of Fox News.
    She has worked for Fox Opinion for years.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Even if you believe that to be true, every single republicans has explicitly said they are against stimulus checks and increased unemployment benefits.

They are voting against it because they dont want to help people. If the bill was only those 2 things, they have said they would vote against it. YOU may be against it because of other spending. Republicans in Washington are NOT against it for that reason.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Even if you believe that to be true, every single republicans has explicitly said they are against stimulus checks and increased unemployment benefits.

They are voting against it because they dont want to help people. If the bill was only those 2 things, they have said they would vote against it.
    Flat out lies dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Flat out lies dude.
    Can you name me a republican in favor of either of the things I mentioned?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Can you name me a republican in favor of either of the things I mentioned?
    Really?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Really?
    Republicans bad! Evil!

Iím pretty sure republicans passed a $600 stimulus bill and extended unemployment benefits like a month before Trump left. Yet they donít want to vote for it!

I listen to podcasts with journalists talking about journalism, and it's interesting how much the "liberal media" are members of the Cult of Trump. In some part because of that I find it funny when someone in the media makes a comparison between Trump and Biden/Obama where Biden doesn't measure up and they get instant push back from their fellow journalists. The one I saw recently was a criticism of Biden's lack of time for the press and the instant push back was that Trump was a liar so him being very available was meaningless.

They've been talking for over a year about how they the media would react to Trump not being around, and most speculated that they would respond by making sure he stuck around. So for so good on that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I listen to podcasts with journalists talking about journalism, and it's interesting how much the "liberal media" are members of the Cult of Trump. In some part because of that I find it funny when someone in the media makes a comparison between Trump and Biden/Obama where Biden doesn't measure up and they get instant push back from their fellow journalists. The one I saw recently was a criticism of Biden's lack of time for the press and the instant push back was that Trump was a liar so him being very available was meaningless.

They've been talking for over a year about how they the media would react to Trump not being around, and most speculated that they would respond by making sure he stuck around. So for so good on that plan.
    In general most journalists are Democrat/liberal just like how most teachers are as well. Not sure why that is though.

Honest and unbiased journalism is hard to find these days and everything is behind a paywall for the most part. Really annoying

In general most journalists are Democrat/liberal just like how most teachers are as well. Not sure why that is though.

Honest and unbiased journalism is hard to find these days and everything is behind a paywall for the most part. Really annoying
    All humans have bias so there is no way to have none in reporting. That said, the modern media has broken down the editorial process and now opinion slips in to pretty much all "news" from both perspectives. None of the really deep thinking journalists have a real solution for the situation either. A BBC like deal may well be the best solution ... a fully government funded news source that has a VERY clear and transparent noninterference system where the current administration can't influence what they are reporting or how.

The reality is that the media was broken in their extreme coverage of Trump just as they were broken in their fawning coverage of Obama. I know many media members feel both were covered poorly and according to some discussions members of the media feel they can't report some things in certain ways without getting kick back. Psaki has knocked back when press members try to push on issues the administration doesn't look good in and they fall back on "better than Trump". I really hope they wake up and start doing their jobs before the next election and maybe with the recent push for the news media to get money for their content on social media maybe they will have enough money to not ONLY chase the eyes but actually do good journalism again.

Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast