Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 593 of 626 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 9390
    Tucker is really the dumbest among us.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Conservatives were mad at Twitter because they said it was biased. Now they’re saying Twitter can be as biased as it wants. It wasn’t bias they were upset about, it’s that it wasn’t their bias.
    Twitter can do whatever the **** it wants. Same with FB etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Yeah the problem is hypocrisy.

But another part of the problem is that it shouldn't be allowed to be another misinformation machine for far right extremists. That's where it's currently headed.

There is so much nuance to this debate because another factor in this is that one person shouldn't have this much power and influence. We created checks and balances in our government because we recognized having one person making all the decisions is a bad thing.

Musk decided to fire off the majority of Twitter staff and become a pseudo-dictator for the platform. He claims to support free speech, but doesn't actually support it and also doesn't understand the nuance associated with the consequences of free speech.

- he said freedom of speech and comedy are back, but didn't allow people to humorously impersonate him
    - he allowed far right racists and extremists back on the platform, but doesn't want to allow Alex Jones back on for personal reason (the experience he had with one of his children, so he claims)
    - he says he supports freedom of speech but left wing accounts have had followers removed, features inaccessible, or accounts suspended
    - he said he thought it was the right thing to let the cheeto back on the site, but still put it out to a vote. And that vote went out after he allowed all the extremists and terrorists back on the site.
    - he fired most of his staff and then tried to beg many to return
    - he posted pictures and statements about programming related to Twitter, but programmer after programmer spoke about how he doesn't really know much of what he's talking about
    - he wants freedom of speech, but complains when advertisers exercise their freedom to leave the platform
    - he wants freedom of speech, but banned kanye. While I agree that kanye should never have a platform ever again, it directly contradicts musks's push for freedom of speech

He, like many other over-idolized figures in American society, doesn't actually know what he's doing. He started his career with lots of help. He has lied about many of his credentials. And like many other unnecessary wealth hoarders, he and his ideas are horrible for average citizens.

He's a fraud and it is dangerous for him to have control over a giant media platform because as we've seen time and time again, he will make decisions based on his narcissistic views and self interests.
    Musk owns it. If he wants to turn it into a misinformation machine why can’t he? Government shouldn’t be involved in how people run their business

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

Weren't you one of the posters that cried like a newborn baby when Trump was suspended from Twitter?

Musk owns it. If he wants to turn it into a misinformation machine why can’t he? Government shouldn’t be involved in how people run their business

Does this include how Hunter Biden handles his business dealings?

Along with the people who financed his deal. Don't forget that he didn't just plop down $44B in cash. He financed most of the deal and his second largest creditor is one of the Saudi royal family. So if they're cool with what he does, then he can turn it into a misinformation machine. Or they can require that he do something like...oh I don't know...ensure that no one can tell the truth about Jamal Khashoggi.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

The problem is that disinformation on a huge platform and in the wrong hands directly leads to events like January 6th, the vaccine hesitancy, the rise in bigotry against Jews and other minorities, etc.

Whats the point of suspending Kanye for a swastika when you reinstate the accounts of known hate mongers like this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...234640390/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The problem is that disinformation on a huge platform and in the wrong hands directly leads to events like January 6th, the vaccine hesitancy, the rise in bigotry against Jews and other minorities, etc.

Whats the point of suspending Kanye for a swastika when you reinstate the accounts of known hate mongers like this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...234640390/amp/
    It's shocking that we have to explain to people the dangers of misinformation and the dangers of spreading hate. It's equally shocking that we have to explain the importance of preventing the spread of misinformation and hate.

It's also ridiculously hypocritical that the same people who tout patriotism and loving their country are totally fine with allowing that type of hate and misinformation to exist here. Unless of course they are also hateful racists.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    It's shocking that we have to explain to people the dangers of misinformation and the dangers of spreading hate. It's equally shocking that we have to explain the importance of preventing the spread of misinformation and hate.

It's also ridiculously hypocritical that the same people who tout patriotism and loving their country are totally fine with allowing that type of hate and misinformation to exist here. Unless of course they are also hateful racists.
    It should be obvious but its not because people believe that social media plays no part in these events despite it being the most prevalent place where those ideas are spread, especially when you make it an off limits platform. There are literally 450 million active users and over a billion users in total.

They dont mind it because a lot of conservatives believe there's a morsel of truth to those things mentioned. For example, a lot of people on the right will that tell you they dont support Trump and also tell you the election was legitimate while something in the back of their minds asks "Is it really true?". Or its something they want to be true because they can't accept Republicans consistently losing ground to Democrats and liberals. Its easier to throw **** at the wall and see if it sticks than take self inventory about their own party.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-06-2022 at 02:14 PM.

They can. I wasn't saying they couldn't. I was saying you got mad that they could do whatever they wanted when they were monitoring misinformation. Now that they're pushing your rhetoric you're all about them dong whatever they want.

Absolutely wild that this passes for a senator in 2022…

Begs the question, who was this dude surrounded by as a kid?

I honestly don't know that this guy believes anything he says. I think he just said something stupid once and saw dollar signs.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

Trump companies convicted on all charges in Manhattan criminal tax fraud case

NEW YORK - A Manhattan jury on Tuesday*convicted two*of former President Donald Trump's companies on all*charges in an criminal tax fraud scheme, adding a new complication to the many investigations and legal matters shadowing his third presidential campaign.

The Trump Corporation was found*guilty on all*of nine criminal counts and the Trump Payroll Corporation was found guilty*on all*of eight criminal counts.

The companies face criminal penalties of up to $1.6 million.

Trump was not charged in the case, and*did*not appear in the*courtroom during the trial. Defense lawyer Susan Necheles said*trial*evidence showed Trump was not involved. However, the former president criticized the prosecution in a late November social media post.

The jury of eight women and four men returned the verdict after two*days*of deliberations in the trial focused on thousands of dollars in off-the-books perks,*such as company-paid apartments and luxury cars*the companies allegedly handed to top executives who routinely*failed to report the income on tax returns.

The trial also featured a legal clash over a*difficult-to-parse*New York state penal law that prescribes the standards prosecutors must meet to obtain*criminal convictions of corporations.

The outcome capped a trial that began*in late October and was marked by a COVID-19 delay, at times testy*legal arguments plus an unsuccessful defense move for a mistrial when a prosecutor asserted*that Trump had "explicitly" sanctioned the tax fraud scheme.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...e/10772390002/

Another fraud verdict for the Trump organization.