Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 446 of 470 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 7046
  1. #6676
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Amongst my 20,000+ posts, I’m sure I have.
    So.

    Much.

    Conviction.

  2. #6677
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Learn 👏🏻 what 👏🏻 a 👏🏻 cult 👏🏻 is 👏🏻

    You Autistic dumbass.
    There it is.

    Try not to be so overwhelmed by a cake next time, yeah?


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  3. #6678
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    22,646
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    There it is.

    Try not to be so overwhelmed by a cake next time, yeah?
    You could just admit when you're wrong.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Angelique Kerber • Maria Sakkari • Leylah Fernandez • Jasmine Paolini

    Saul "Canelo" Alvarez • Bianca Belair

  4. #6679
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    The Catholic Church. Now that's a cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Probably the world’s biggest cult.
    Maybe the biggest but the most intolerable (and hypocritical) are the evangelical fundamentalists.

  5. #6680
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You could just admit when you're wrong.
    The problem is, I'm not. Go ahead, explain how a person getting a cake after an abortion is a cult.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  6. #6681
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Maybe the biggest but the most intolerable (and hypocritical) are the evangelical fundamentalists.
    Personally, I find the most intolerable to be the ones who preach the teachings of the good book out of one side of their mouth and out of the other they ridicule autistic people or yell at the produce manager over the lack of asparagus. Christianity in a nutshell

  7. #6682
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    22,646
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    The problem is, I'm not. Go ahead, explain how a person getting a cake after an abortion is a cult.
    I already did. But, I'll play nice and do it again...

    A cult can be the excessive admiration of a person or thing, including things that are considered by some to be sinister in nature. Our individual personal opinions on the subject of abortion doesn't mean the excessive admiration or celebration of them isn't cult-like behavior.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Angelique Kerber • Maria Sakkari • Leylah Fernandez • Jasmine Paolini

    Saul "Canelo" Alvarez • Bianca Belair

  8. #6683
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I already did. But, I'll play nice and do it again...

    A cult can be the excessive admiration of a person or thing, including things that are considered by some to be sinister in nature. Our individual personal opinions on the subject of abortion doesn't mean the excessive admiration or celebration of them isn't cult-like behavior.
    You'll play nice. There's no need to lie more than you already do.

    Of course, "can" doesn't mean "is," as much as you're trying to act like it does, and "excessive admiration" has a pretty low threshold if you cross it by buying a cake.

    Oh, and "bragging about it on Twitter." The horror.

    Still not a cult, I'm afraid, but I'm sure whatever insult you use will be devastating.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  9. #6684
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    22,646
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    You'll play nice. There's no need to lie more than you already do.

    Of course, "can" doesn't mean "is," as much as you're trying to act like it does, and "excessive admiration" has a pretty low threshold if you cross it by buying a cake.

    Oh, and "bragging about it on Twitter." The horror.

    Still not a cult, I'm afraid, but I'm sure whatever insult you use will be devastating.
    Ah right, because you are such a stranger to throwing insults around here.

    Still falls under the definition of cult-like behavior, I'm afraid. I even provided you with the Oxford definition. The cake is, of course, only one example and others go well beyond that. It isn't as if women haven't boasted about how many abortions they've had or anything.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Angelique Kerber • Maria Sakkari • Leylah Fernandez • Jasmine Paolini

    Saul "Canelo" Alvarez • Bianca Belair

  10. #6685
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Ah right, because you are such a stranger to throwing insults around here.

    Still falls under the definition of cult-like behavior, I'm afraid. I even provided you with the Oxford definition. The cake is, of course, only one example and others go well beyond that. It isn't as if women haven't boasted about how many abortions they've had or anything.
    It doesn't, I'm afraid.

    Women "boasting about how many abortions they've had" is trying to destigmatize a thing people like you want them to be ashamed of and quiet about. No part of that makes it "cult-like behavior." You've tried to push the threshold down so far that the term effectively loses meaning at this point.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  11. #6686
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I already did. But, I'll play nice and do it again...

    A cult can be the excessive admiration of a person or thing, including things that are considered by some to be sinister in nature. Our individual personal opinions on the subject of abortion doesn't mean the excessive admiration or celebration of them isn't cult-like behavior.
    You wouldn't consider some of what goes on in MAGA cultist? I get it that people put politicians on pedestals sometimes but some of this is complete absurdity. People making paintings of Trump as Jesus, people devoting whole rooms in their houses to Trump memorabilia, people building Trump homes. Like wtf is this?

    https://archive.triblive.com/local/w...vehicle-crash/
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-13-2022 at 06:56 PM.

  12. #6687
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,279
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You wouldn't consider some of what goes on in MAGA cultist? I get it that people put politicians on pedestals sometimes but some of this is complete absurdity. People making paintings of Trump as Jesus, people devoting whole rooms in their houses to Trump memorabilia, people building Trump homes. Like wtf is this?

    https://archive.triblive.com/local/w...vehicle-crash/
    Apparently everything can be called a cult.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  13. #6688
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105,762
    The third leading Republican in the House is tweeting out pedophile messages. That used to be Qanon bull****. But now it reaches the leadership.

  14. #6689
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,144
    I find that the most "intolerable" are the egotistical a-holes who put down people who believe in Christianity and a moral life and who typecast the believers as hypocrites and marginalize and mock them.

  15. #6690
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    I find that the most "intolerable" are the egotistical a-holes who put down people who believe in Christianity and a moral life and who typecast the believers as hypocrites and marginalize and mock them.
    Or they're just hypocrites in general. "Protect all life" except the ones that I don't agree with protecting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •