Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 153 of 210 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3150
  1. #2281
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,721
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Racism is not something measurable. If someone is a racist, they are racist. If you murder one person and i murder two people, we are both murderers. Judging racist behavior as more or less is fine. But they are both still racists. You are not using equal weight in your judgment. Youre excusing one and not the other...
    Pretty ridiculous statement. There are levels to just about anything.

  2. #2282
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,439
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Racism is not something measurable. If someone is a racist, they are racist. If you murder one person and i murder two people, we are both murderers. Judging racist behavior as more or less is fine. But they are both still racists. You are not using equal weight in your judgment. Youre excusing one and not the other...
    You actually tried measuring it throughout the conversation in calling some of it old time racism. It is noting the difference in growing up and time periods that lead to comments that seem racist.

    There is a difference in someone having a gaffe around race/nationality/religion and actively pushing racism/bigotry at others on a regular basis. If I say something that can be taken as racist one time and you actively push KKK etc. are you saying there is 0 difference between us? I would argue that isn't even remotely genuine.

    Change it from murder to kill. Context will dictate that not every time you kill someone it is treated the same way and that is the same in this situation. Racism with negative intent aimed at others over and over and over is different than a few gaffes. Just like killing someone in self defense or in a heated moment is different than planned out murder.

  3. #2283
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You actually tried measuring it throughout the conversation in calling some of it old time racism. It is noting the difference in growing up and time periods that lead to comments that seem racist.

    There is a difference in someone having a gaffe around race/nationality/religion and actively pushing racism/bigotry at others on a regular basis. If I say something that can be taken as racist one time and you actively push KKK etc. are you saying there is 0 difference between us? I would argue that isn't even remotely genuine.

    Change it from murder to kill. Context will dictate that not every time you kill someone it is treated the same way and that is the same in this situation. Racism with negative intent aimed at others over and over and over is different than a few gaffes. Just like killing someone in self defense or in a heated moment is different than planned out murder.
    Just because people use incomplete information and take things out of context in their arguments repeatedly you view this as a problem? Isn't that rather narrow of you?

  4. #2284
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,405
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty ridiculous statement. There are levels to just about anything.
    If you kill one person and I kill 100, I am a mass murderer. If I kill 5 people in one day, Iím a murderer. If you kill 5 people over the course of a year, you are a serial killer. Thereís all sort of distinctions we make for these things. Racism is no different.

  5. #2285
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,439
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty ridiculous statement. There are levels to just about anything.
    I mean he has even tried noting levels himself in this same conversation lol. He is jumping all over the place to try and defend more extreme examples of racism/bigotry

  6. #2286
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well if you don't respond to what I am actually saying then we won't get anywhere. We have done this circle already and you just ignored common sense/facts that separate them to repeat the same nonsense.

    Except that law enforcement then had a different person who confessed to the crime and he continued anyways. It isn't 100% pure racism but it is specifically targeting individuals in a seemingly questionable way not being done to others and not correcting after new evidence is presented. Why only take this approach towards them and continue doing it after they got DNA and confession from someone else?

    As I said previously it isn't that every single thing he does is clearly 100% negative intent racism/bigotry. It's that sometimes he does have those further extremes and much more often he has extreme approaches towards individuals he isn't taking towards others with race seemingly a difference (Central Park 5, birthirism, calling out a judge due to nationality). Now one instance of a targeted attack might be a one off but add in a call to ban all muslims, looting shooting trope, go back where you came from trope, tweeting propaganda the lying about seeing thousands celebrating etc. etc. it creates a much different picture. He was constantly having issues around this in a seemingly extreme/double standard way not just gaffes here and there but actively choosing this approach/rhetoric and targeting certain people over and over. This is much different than Biden having some gaffes you reference.
    The central park 5 was not a case of racism. The man who was actually found guilty was a POC. Trump and others, were wrong but in believing these men to be the rapists, they would be "protecting" another person of color. It reminds me of the West Memphis 3 case in which 3 boys were murdered. HBO did a horrible documentary claiming the 3 convicted murderers were innocent and only found guilty because of their appearance (they were heavy metal/goth kids in the 90s). Myself and others believe the are the murderers. I dont think im biased because of their appearance though.

  7. #2287
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,405
    Democrats need to go for the throat and if Republicans wonít do a bipartisan committee make it vicious.

    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...153418240?s=21

  8. #2288
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Being racist sure. But there is absolutely a scale for racist actions or words, donít you think?
    Yes, and im saying both joe biden and trump are racists. Do you agree?

  9. #2289
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,439
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The central park 5 was not a case of racism. The man who was actually found guilty was a POC. Trump and others, were wrong but in believing these men to be the rapists, they would be "protecting" another person of color. It reminds me of the West Memphis 3 case in which 3 boys were murdered. HBO did a horrible documentary claiming the 3 convicted murderers were innocent and only found guilty because of their appearance (they were heavy metal/goth kids in the 90s). Myself and others believe the are the murderers. I dont think im biased because of their appearance though.
    It might not have been but we can only see the extremes he specifically took towards them and still calling them guilty after DNA evidence/another person confessed to the crime. I am not sure the documentary you are referencing but does it have the same context or is this a deflection? The point with this again isn't that it alone points to racism but a history of taking extreme approaches towards others (specifically based on race/nationality/religion in minority form in this country).

    Joey there are tons of other examples as well it is the combination of everything that completes the full context we have been through this. Here I will make a list and number it and you can then go one by one and give similar examples for Biden if it is all equal.

    1. The legal issues and welfare comments when discussing renting to people of color back in 1973 due to legal issues.
    2. Story of putting people in the back room back in the 80's when Donald/Ivana came through
    3. Central Park 5 and still believing they are guilty
    4. The book noting Trumps blacks are lazy type comment
    5. "they don't look like indians to me"
    6. Birthirism
    7. Judge can't do job due to Mexican heritage
    8. Push for Muslim ban
    9. Go back to where you came from trope
    10. Shoot loot trope
    11. Charlottesville and rhetoric around immigrants type gaffes being repeated/defended
    12. Pocahontas
    13. Kung flu etc.
    14. Targeting an African American athlete and calling for NFL to take action/cancel said player for silent kneeling protest over systematic racism
    15. Shithole countries comment and should take from others


    If needed we can get into more but stop the dumb games and address the full context if you want a genuine discussion and actually believe it is all the same.

  10. #2290
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You actually tried measuring it throughout the conversation in calling some of it old time racism. It is noting the difference in growing up and time periods that lead to comments that seem racist.

    There is a difference in someone having a gaffe around race/nationality/religion and actively pushing racism/bigotry at others on a regular basis. If I say something that can be taken as racist one time and you actively push KKK etc. are you saying there is 0 difference between us? I would argue that isn't even remotely genuine.

    Change it from murder to kill. Context will dictate that not every time you kill someone it is treated the same way and that is the same in this situation. Racism with negative intent aimed at others over and over and over is different than a few gaffes. Just like killing someone in self defense or in a heated moment is different than planned out murder.
    Joe Bidens racist history is more than just gaffes.

    - the crime bill
    - he was in favor of segregation (didnt want his kids growing up in a racial jungle)
    - eulogy he gave for a former colleague and kkk member joe byrd

    Also, it would be one thing to have a gaffe every so often. But biden has had multiple racist gaffes to the point i cant even remember them all. His own vice president called him out on it during the primaries. Do you really need me to list all of them as well?

  11. #2291
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,466
    ..

  12. #2292
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,439
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Joe Bidens racist history is more than just gaffes.

    - the crime bill
    - he was in favor of segregation (didnt want his kids growing up in a racial jungle)
    - eulogy he gave for a former colleague and kkk member joe byrd

    Also, it would be one thing to have a gaffe every so often. But biden has had multiple racist gaffes to the point i cant even remember them all. His own vice president called him out on it during the primaries. Do you really need me to list all of them as well?
    Lol so again you have a crime bill that was bipartisan and has far more to do with implementation/justice system/police that you often do not call out in other areas. Interesting how you blame Joe Biden but defend cops/system so regularly when you want to call what is being done racist. You see the cognitive dissonance here and why this doesn't seem like a serious issue/criticism or considering full context right?

    I agree Biden does seem to have issues in his past around race especially going back 40+ years. We already agree he has more of that old time racism though so this isn't really showing anything not agreed to.

    If you want to use associations like this as meaningful then we have far more for Trump as covered. Old people who call it the biggest regret of their life etc. and an association doesn't seem major in nearly the ways I just showed from Trump.

    We covered this already and I agreed he has that old time racism. What you have yet to show is the negative and consistent attacks towards groups/others in remotely the same way over the years with a lot of it coming as he is running for POTUS/is POTUS. I would like you to list anything you can that would actually be comparable to calling for a Muslim ban in 2015. Or the many many other examples we can come up with. I didn't even use Trumps associations or his dad's history but if you wanna go there it only adds a lot more.

  13. #2293
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,466
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Joe Bidens racist history is more than just gaffes.

    - the crime bill
    - he was in favor of segregation (didnt want his kids growing up in a racial jungle)
    - eulogy he gave for a former colleague and kkk member joe byrd

    Also, it would be one thing to have a gaffe every so often. But biden has had multiple racist gaffes to the point i cant even remember them all. His own vice president called him out on it during the primaries. Do you really need me to list all of them as well?
    This is all fair. It seems in his golden years he has changed his tune. People like to say it's his handlers but I'd say he wants to be able to enact positive change. I'm sure he has racist tendencies but those have been ingrained in him because of the era he grew up in.

    I wouldn't call Biden more of a racist and I get that Trump passed the crime bill (that would have been passed under Obama if Moscow Mitch actually cared about the meaning of his job) but I sense that was more political in nature then an act of virtue. The difference is I think some part of Biden actually does care about the greater good. Trump cares about the good of Trump, so black, white, brown whatever, he'll try to mow in down all in the name of Trump.

    And there's no question who the bigger pervert is, either.


    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  14. #2294
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,405
    Can someone explain why these guys love Russia so ****ing much?

    https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1...969753601?s=21

  15. #2295
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,361
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It might not have been but we can only see the extremes he specifically took towards them and still calling them guilty after DNA evidence/another person confessed to the crime. I am not sure the documentary you are referencing but does it have the same context or is this a deflection? The point with this again isn't that it alone points to racism but a history of taking extreme approaches towards others (specifically based on race/nationality/religion in minority form in this country).

    Joey there are tons of other examples as well it is the combination of everything that completes the full context we have been through this. Here I will make a list and number it and you can then go one by one and give similar examples for Biden if it is all equal.

    1. The legal issues and welfare comments when discussing renting to people of color back in 1973 due to legal issues.
    2. Story of putting people in the back room back in the 80's when Donald/Ivana came through
    3. Central Park 5 and still believing they are guilty
    4. The book noting Trumps blacks are lazy type comment
    5. "they don't look like indians to me"
    6. Birthirism
    7. Judge can't do job due to Mexican heritage
    8. Push for Muslim ban
    9. Go back to where you came from trope
    10. Shoot loot trope
    11. Charlottesville and rhetoric around immigrants type gaffes being repeated/defended
    12. Pocahontas
    13. Kung flu etc.
    14. Targeting an African American athlete and calling for NFL to take action/cancel said player for silent kneeling protest over systematic racism
    15. Shithole countries comment and should take from others


    If needed we can get into more but stop the dumb games and address the full context if you want a genuine discussion and actually believe it is all the same.
    You just making him love Trump more and want to defend him. This is really about dissing the Democrat president like we dissed Trump, but he can't logically do that without false comparisons.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •