Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 213 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3189

The Cult of Trump

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    First of all, its rarely a judgement call left up to an individual banker but in those rare cases, basing their decision off the financial history of one's race is not racism.
    I thought any division of people into groups based on race was ďlow level racismĒ. black people seem to always be the exception to the rule for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I thought any division of people into groups based on race was ďlow level racismĒ. black people seem to always be the exception to the rule for you.

If you can reverse engineer a system that has racial outcomes without using race as a variable itself, then you get to be racist in some people's world.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

If a banker based all black people on the overall financial history of black people compared to whites or asians, that would be racism and wrong. For instance, john smith, a black man, has a credit score of 750 and a good paying job but the bank denies his loan based on black peoples overall poor financial history. This is racism. This is what democrats do with voter blocks based on race. They attempt to cater to certain races and genders based on their preconceived ideals of the needs of those races/genders.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If you can reverse engineer a system that has racial outcomes without using race as a variable itself, then you get to be racist in some people's world.
    Personally, i dont believe race should ever need to be discussed. Not on job applications, loans, college applications or political policy. Everything can be decided based on numbers. No other data is relevant. Do you agree or disagree?

If a banker based all black people on the overall financial history of black people compared to whites or asians, that would be racism and wrong. For instance, john smith, a black man, has a credit score of 750 and a good paying job but the bank denies his loan based on black peoples overall poor financial history. This is racism. This is what democrats do with voter blocks based on race. They attempt to cater to certain races and genders based on their preconceived ideals of the needs of those races/genders.
    Democrats donít deny loans to black peoples with voting blocks. I know itís fun to pretend your not a racist while letting everyone know your a racist but come on

Democrats donít deny loans to black peoples with voting blocks. I know itís fun to pretend your not a racist while letting everyone know your a racist but come on

Reread my post and tell me where i said denying qualified loan applicants because of their race was acceptable.

Democrats do support affirmative action programs which deny qualified admission applications to asians and whites based on their race. Stop Asian hate.

Reread my post and tell me where i said denying qualified loan applicants because of their race was acceptable.

Democrats do support affirmative action programs which deny qualified admission applications to asians and whites based on their race. Stop Asian hate.
    I'm curious about the circumstances under which you developed your twisted logic. Can you extrapolate?

First of all, its rarely a judgement call left up to an individual banker but in those rare cases, basing their decision off the financial history of one's race is not racism.
    Joey it is right here. You are saying because of the financial history of a race in the country it is ok to discriminate against them and use their race against them in making a decision. You are actively saying it is ok to single out and treat people different based on their race here.

You say it is based on data but that data is based on a system with racism built into it. Denying someone based on their race when that race has historically been discriminated against in the first place is a continuous never ending cycle. You are using past discrimination/racism within the system to justify further discrimination and racism towards the same race.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-18-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Joey it is right here. You are saying because of the financial history of a race in the country it is ok to discriminate against them and use their race against them in making a decision. You are actively saying it is ok to single out and treat people different based on their race here.

You say it is based on data but that data is based on a system with racism built into it. Denying someone based on their race when that race has historically been discriminated against in the first place is a continuous never ending cycle. You are using past discrimination/racism within the system to justify further discrimination and racism towards the same race.
    This also coincided with me saying it's rarely a judgement call left up to an individual banker and this would be an extremely rare case of an applicant being borderline. That means the banker needs to decide to approve or disapprove. Most times, a borderline applicant is simply denied. But if we are going to support measures like affirmative action with colleges...

This also coincided with me saying it's rarely a judgement call left up to an individual banker and this would be an extremely rare case of an applicant being borderline. That means the banker needs to decide to approve or disapprove. Most times, a borderline applicant is simply denied. But if we are going to support measures like affirmative action with colleges...
    See this is why no one takes you seriously. You openly push racism towards those already discriminated against (using said discrimination to defend furthering it) and have no issue with it. You have no issues with the many racist/bigoted things posted by Trump.

You do take issue with Biden's gaffes or affirmative action which was implemented to counter discrimination in the first place (we agree it isn't a great method but the intent/context here is far different). The context of these things are drastically different and one is an example of racism aimed at others in a clearly you are inferior type of way while the other is grandpa gaffes and attempts to help fix the systematic racism already in place.

Why? Just answer why such extreme double standards here where you defend racism with seemingly negative intent/judgement but get upset with it when it isn't that extreme/different context?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    I'm curious about the circumstances under which you developed your twisted logic. Can you extrapolate?
    I grew up in a situation similar to you. Especially in the 90s when i was in my teens, the area i lived in was predominantly black/Hispanic. It's odd because my circumstances were almost the exact opposite of you.

The police force was relatively mixed among races. I was pulled over quite often because they were cracking down on people they felt were in the city to buy drugs. I suppose i fit that description. Being a teen and not knowing my rights, i was often searched and had my car searched as well. I was handcuffed several times. I also had friends killed by neighborhood kids for no legit reason. Everyone knew who did it but no one would snitch sort of thing. Ive been shot at several times, nothing close though. Ive seen people after they were shot as well. Its weird when i read your post about your childhood because i had very different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    See this is why no one takes you seriously. You openly push racism towards those already discriminated against (using said discrimination to defend furthering it) and have no issue with it. You have no issues with the many racist/bigoted things posted by Trump.

You do take issue with Biden's gaffes or affirmative action which was implemented to counter discrimination in the first place (we agree it isn't a great method but the intent/context here is far different). The context of these things are drastically different and one is an example of racism aimed at others in a clearly you are inferior type of way while the other is grandpa gaffes and attempts to help fix the systematic racism already in place.

Why? Just answer why such extreme double standards here where you defend racism with seemingly negative intent/judgement but get upset with it when it isn't that extreme/different context?
    Theres a difference between a bank trying to make money by securing a good loan and schools denying qualified applicants based on race. Again, i do not believe banks should deny qualified applicants based on race. Most applicants which are borderline are denied regardless of race. Not to mention, didnt we have a housing crisis just a few years ago? Why do you think that is? Perhaps allowing borderline applicants especially poc to qualify for home loans had something to do with it?

Ill save the rhetoric on how you can't fight racism with racism in regards to affirmative action in college. The bottom line is, its not effective. Since affirmative action has been a thing, there are less black people in college. Meanwhile, qualified Asians are being denied.

The Cult of Trump

Iím pretty sure affirmative action in admission standards is actually illegal and admissions is not a meritocracy to begin with. For example If you come from an area that a school is looking establish a recruitment footing in guess who get a easy standard? When an all girls school starts accepting boys guess what they do? Etc etc.

Also Iíve already said that another one of your deflections was racist. Racism is not so something that only effects black people. Iím not sure why you insist that this means it doesnít effect black people. It more frequently effects black people

Anyway no one here was talking about admission standards. You seemed to say it was not racist to deny someone a loan based on race. Did you not? If you did that is clearly racist

Last edited by ewing; 05-18-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Theres a difference between a bank trying to make money by securing a good loan and schools denying qualified applicants based on race. Again, i do not believe banks should deny qualified applicants based on race. Most applicants which are borderline are denied regardless of race. Not to mention, didnt we have a housing crisis just a few years ago? Why do you think that is? Perhaps allowing borderline applicants especially poc to qualify for home loans had something to do with it?

Ill save the rhetoric on how you can't fight racism with racism in regards to affirmative action in college. The bottom line is, its not effective. Since affirmative action has been a thing, there are less black people in college. Meanwhile, qualified Asians are being denied.
    No matter the situation most instances won't come down to race for either situation. The issue is you seem to try and justify the banks decision by implying that giving a loan to a black person or poc makes it worse/less secure and they lead to our problems. That's racism, you are actively implying inferiority here. The school is specifically making the decision not because anyone is inferior but due to acknowledging discrimination/lack of opportunity and attempting to make it right if you were. A school makes subjective decisions constantly in how they let people in already as well but none of this even addressed my point/main issue. We generally agree on not fighting racism with racism that is why I have noted my own issues/concerns here and more in other threads on topics like this.

My point has been you push and defend the actual bad type of racism/bigotry. This discussion on banks and Trumps that I have been covering are things you have been defending for example. You call out the type of old timer racism like Biden or affirmative action whose intent/reasoning is completely different whether we agree with the approach or not. It just seems very disingenuous like you know you are racist and just wanna but what about minor things to justify your own.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-18-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Iím pretty sure affirmative action in admission standards is actually illegal and admissions is not a meritocracy to begin with. For example If you come from an area that a school is looking establish a recruitment footing in guess who get a easy standard? When an all girls school starts accepting boys guess what they do? Etc etc.

Also Iíve already said that another one of your deflections was racist. Racism is not so something that only effects black people. Iím not sure why you insist that this means it doesnít effect black people. It more frequently effects black people

Anyway no one here was talking about admission standards. You seemed to say it was not racist to deny someone a loan based on race. Did you not? If you did that is clearly racist

There was just a lawsuit involving harvard discriminating against Asians regarding race. While the judge defended affirmative action as diversity, it is definitely real.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...l%3f0p19G=0232

Also, i never said denying qualifying applicants based on race was acceptable. Thats wrong and racist. Im saying if applicants are borderline and its a judgement call. Again, this is extremely rare in 2021. Most applications are done through an automated process. But id prefer the banker use some type of statistical analysis regarding a borderline application instead of some arbitrary measure.