Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 243 of 279 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4180
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah and i'm telling you I think that approach was ****.
    that was a good approach from the American President.
    American citizens have a right to protest. there is no fine print on who can and can not protest, what they can protest for. people don't have to like it but that is the 1st Amendment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    that was a good approach from the American President.
    American citizens have a right to protest. there is no fine print on who can and can not protest, what they can protest for. people don't have to like it but that is the 1st Amendment.
    Protesting in approval of racist monuments and racist symbolism is not something any other president in our lifetime would have supported. But keep telling yourself that this is about the right to protest.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-27-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Protesting in approval of racist monuments and racist symbolism is not something any other president in our lifetime would have supported. But keep telling yourself that this is about the right to protest.
    Well we haven't had a president who viewed himself as the natural successor to Jefferson Davis in quite some time.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well we haven't had a president who viewed himself as the natural successor to Jefferson Davis in quite some time.
    Actually, we only have once. And he was a black man.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Actually, we only have once. And he was a black man.
    You forgot to call him a douchebag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    You forgot to call him a douchebag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My bad. You're a douchebag dbroncos.

the reason doesn't change the right to protest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the reason doesn't change the right to protest.
    Again no president in their right mind would have supported the reason why those people were protesting except Trump.

I seem to remember Trump being super supportive of people protesting during his rallies. Didn't at all fantasize out loud about how they would've been beaten up back in the good old days.

Again no president in their right mind would have supported the reason why those people were protesting except Trump.
    There were probably a few presidents who were more than a bit sympathetic to treason.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Trump wasn't supporting the reason, he was supporting the right to protest because they supported the reason.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...of_139815.html

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trump wasn't supporting the reason, he was supporting the right to protest because they supported the reason.

Are you seriously trying to argue Trump is not for keeping confederate statues up?

Yes he was. He's clearly justifying that position right in what you highlighted. Supported their reason to protest because some of those people thought the statue was important and that they didn't want to see the park renamed.

When the only rhetoric that should have come out his dumb mouth was that those people were misguided in what they support and that they shouldn't support the continuation of racist symbolism in 2017. What world is it okay to come to memorialize a racist, slave owning, general in war that was fought for reasons we wouldn't dream of today?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Are you seriously trying to argue Trump is not for keeping confederate statues up?
    Yes he was. He's clearly justifying that position right in what you highlighted. Supported their reason to protest because some of those people thought the statue was important and that they didn't want to see the park renamed.

When the only rhetoric that should have come out his dumb mouth was that those people were misguided in what they support and that they shouldn't support the continuation of racist symbolism in 2017. What world is it okay to come to memorialize a racist, slave owning, general in war that was fought for reasons we wouldn't dream of today?
    not really about whether he is or isn't in general, it's why he said what he did about Charlottesville.
    that is why I underlined, to them. he felt it was important to them, and they had a right to protest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not really about whether he is or isn't in general, it's why he said what he did about Charlottesville.
    that is why I underlined, to them. he felt it was important to them, and they had a right to protest.
    You highlighted something that Trump found justification in why those people wanted to keep up a racist statue. Follow along with your own quotes.