Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 128 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4148
  1. #1906
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Your logic is bad. He is very unpopular. He lost independents due to the insurrection. He's hurting GOP voter turnout due to sewing uncertainty in our democratic election process. They're all facts.
    Okay, and in four years, hopefully we are both still here to talk about it. We aren't even sure he is running again. Why the hostility when none of that was shown to you to begin with? You state that they are facts. I state that it is too early to tell. You could very well be correct in hindsight. Relax with the name-calling when I never did it to you.

  2. #1907
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,146
    Name calling?

  3. #1908
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Damn, and I was selected for a Junior High and High School special program under the auspices of a University because of a very high IQ. Terrible that they made me think I wuz smart. Cruel and unusual, don't you think?
    You too? I was part of the GATE (gifted and talented enrollment) program as a youth. Everything I've been taught is a lie.

  4. #1909
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You too? I was part of the GATE (gifted and talented enrollment) program as a youth. Everything I've been taught is a lie.
    Yeah I was part of a program with a college that had a large population of students that were wanting to become teachers or professors. Most of our classes were taught by college professors with a lot of TAs who were also students of the University involved. Boy did they have me fooled.

  5. #1910
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,843
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    He's popular. He's just not popular enough to beat out other candidates which in this case, is Joe Biden. Is Damian Lillard popular? Sure, but not as popular as LeBron which is why he will never be an All-Star game captain. Ehhh, I don't buy into the approval ratings and polling. Trump's departure left a sour taste when he left the office so it was expected. The polling is ultimately done by a very small fraction of voters reacting to current events (which is how Bush's approval skyrocketed to 90 after his response to 9/11 but then plummeted to an all-time low at 25)... we're talking about a few thousand voters. Polling numbers had Trump losing by a wide margin to Biden and yet, it was a lot closer than the polls showed. Now, I never once claimed Trump didn't lose any support. It surely isn't as high as it once was. But is it a massive scale of support? I don't know and certainly a poll of a few thousand voters isn't enough to sway the scale.

    Anyways, I don't really care about this discussion. Four years is a ton of time. If Biden does a great job, I'm voting Biden. I don't really have a political siding with one particular party because both sides have become too divisive on issues that shouldn't be divisive. All we can do as voters is have a checklist of who has better policies in subjects that matter the most to us. Trump was a better candidate than Hillary to me and I can understand why Trump would lose to Biden considering the state of the economy during that time. It's really that simple.
    In the co text of voting for President, he is unpopular. In the context of voting for All-Star game captain, yes Damian Lillard is unpopular.

    I agree, 4 years is a long time, but thus far people appear to be happy with Biden as he has had a higher approval rating than Trump ever had as President for the entirety of his short Presidency. The worst mistake the Democrats could have made in 2020 is going back to Hillary, and the worst mistake Republicans could make in 2024 is going back to Trump.

    Their best bet is to get someone they can market as Trump-like in their policies without the negative traits Trump possesses. Like DeSantis or Tim Scott or someone.

  6. #1911
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    In the co text of voting for President, he is unpopular. In the context of voting for All-Star game captain, yes Damian Lillard is unpopular.

    I agree, 4 years is a long time, but thus far people appear to be happy with Biden as he has had a higher approval rating than Trump ever had as President for the entirety of his short Presidency. The worst mistake the Democrats could have made in 2020 is going back to Hillary, and the worst mistake Republicans could make in 2024 is going back to Trump.

    Their best bet is to get someone they can market as Trump-like in their policies without the negative traits Trump possesses. Like DeSantis or Tim Scott or someone.
    I disagree with your definition of popular but we don't need to cover that. Damian Lillard to me is one of the most popular just obviously, never as popular as LeBron. It's like the kid in school who was most popular versus the kid who is 2nd most popular. Is the 2nd kid not also popular?

    I don't buy into approval ratings and it also is perfect timing for Biden. Call me a conspiracy nut but just like polling #'s, it can be heavily manipulated. Regardless of what anyone feels, the vaccine came just in time for Biden. We'd be looking at this entirely different if the vaccine was months away from today.

    I agree. I don't believe Trump should run in 2024. Not just with his age but I am honestly sick of the content being pushed in terms of politics. It's almost like you can't have a discussion of policies anymore without everything being so polarized mainly because of Trump's personality. Ron DeSantis seems like a popular choice. I think Tim Scott would be interesting. I can't say it enough but I am a huge fan of Andrew Yang-like candidates. Strictly policies and willing to hear both sides to find a solution rather than to just fill in voting gaps.

  7. 05-10-2021, 04:47 PM
    Reason
    Insults

  8. #1912
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,843
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I disagree with your definition of popular but we don't need to cover that. Damian Lillard to me is one of the most popular just obviously, never as popular as LeBron. It's like the kid in school who was most popular versus the kid who is 2nd most popular. Is the 2nd kid not also popular?

    I don't buy into approval ratings and it also is perfect timing for Biden. Call me a conspiracy nut but just like polling #'s, it can be heavily manipulated. Regardless of what anyone feels, the vaccine came just in time for Biden. We'd be looking at this entirely different if the vaccine was months away from today.

    I agree. I don't believe Trump should run in 2024. Not just with his age but I am honestly sick of the content being pushed in terms of politics. It's almost like you can't have a discussion of policies anymore without everything being so polarized mainly because of Trump's personality. Ron DeSantis seems like a popular choice. I think Tim Scott would be interesting. I can't say it enough but I am a huge fan of Andrew Yang-like candidates. Strictly policies and willing to hear both sides to find a solution rather than to just fill in voting gaps.
    I agree it was pretty perfect timing for Biden, he got to follow Trump, almost anyone would look competent by comparison.

  9. #1913
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Your logic is bad. He is very unpopular. He lost independents due to the insurrection. He's hurting GOP voter turnout due to sewing uncertainty in our democratic election process. They're all facts.
    Not to mention, he most likely played a big role in why georgia went blue in their state elections.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #1914
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    In the co text of voting for President, he is unpopular. In the context of voting for All-Star game captain, yes Damian Lillard is unpopular.

    I agree, 4 years is a long time, but thus far people appear to be happy with Biden as he has had a higher approval rating than Trump ever had as President for the entirety of his short Presidency. The worst mistake the Democrats could have made in 2020 is going back to Hillary, and the worst mistake Republicans could make in 2024 is going back to Trump.

    Their best bet is to get someone they can market as Trump-like in their policies without the negative traits Trump possesses. Like DeSantis or Tim Scott or someone.
    This. And polls of registered Republicans have supported this heavily, where near 80% would support a Trumpist but less than 1/3 would support Trump.

  11. #1915
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,831
    Both Trump and Hillary lost by trough it the same total actually. 306-232 for Trump and 304-227 for Hillary. The popular vote doesn’t count. But it is informative that the Democrats got 3,000,000 more and lost by 70 electoral votes and got 7,000,000 more and won by 70 electoral votes.
    ______

    The real reason I came here was to post about Kevin McCarthy’s glaring hypocrisy in subservience to Trump.

    https://twitter.com/jakesherman/stat...096116226?s=21

  12. #1916
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,890
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I've said before I often watch Fox and CNN and some MSNBC throughout any day.
    You should quit. Try hypnosis

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  13. #1917
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,843
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-surplus%3famp

    Thought this was interesting since people were talking about how bad California was. They posted a $75 billion budget surplus this past year. Which is an unheard of number

  14. #1918
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    10,157

    The Cult of Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I understand what you are stating. I'm stating that where the economy is in the future and other factors will also play a part so to attribute him losing votes because of one incident isn't as important as you think it will be. It's funny that a very innocent comment by me turned out to you being hostile. Read your replies to me. Never did I once insult you until you decided to do so. Learn to have a proper discussion and maybe you'll receive one. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.
    If I'm following this correctly, your very innocent comment was followed by a post calling the people in here who quoted you low educated. I didn't see Brett posting in here, so I assume you were referring to those you were quoting. Don't act like the victim here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 05-10-2021 at 09:12 PM.

  15. #1919
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,831
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-surplus%3famp

    Thought this was interesting since people were talking about how bad California was. They posted a $75 billion budget surplus this past year. Which is an unheard of number
    What a terrible economy!

  16. #1920
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-surplus%3famp

    Thought this was interesting since people were talking about how bad California was. They posted a $75 billion budget surplus this past year. Which is an unheard of number
    Not sure the strong year on wall street should be a credit to California. I love California, but there is some really epic bad government there (as everywhere) ... I have no metric to determine how bad collectively compared to other states.

    I think a lot of the negativity is a message pushed by conservative media (and Trump) more than it is based on actual knowledge and reality. Similar to the messaging about conservative states by more liberal media.

    Anti-California stories I've seen include crime and filth in San Francisco, and homeless camps in LA, and there are always shots against Florida out there on the flip side.

    (I'd MUCH rather live in CA than FL).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •