Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1424
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,851
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I mean it's a tough one because I see both sides.

    If someone gets murdered and you're there too but didn't participate in the actual murder, should you be fined and let go?
    If you are walking down the street and someone is killed in front of you then you are not involved and there is no fine and no prison. If you get in a car with someone and they say "Hey, let's go kill Brian" and you say "okay", then you are part of a violent crime. There is a spectrum but I think the courts already have a standard for it.

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think the people who broke the law should face a trial. If they didn't do anything violent then they should be fined and let go (but I believe that about all non-violent offenses).

    That said, just curious, do you think Edward Snowden and Chelsea Manning should be locked up for treason? I saw a debate recently and was surprised how many liberal people felt they needed to be locked up.
    I don't really know much about their cases so I wouldn't say certainly. But I do think that at least Chelsea faced the music. Snowden ran to one of our major enemies to avoid any accountability for his actions.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If you are walking down the street and someone is killed in front of you then you are not involved and there is no fine and no prison. If you get in a car with someone and they say "Hey, let's go kill Brian" and you say "okay", then you are part of a violent crime. There is a spectrum but I think the courts already have a standard for it.
    I agree with most of that. The rioters at the Capitol should go to jail rather than be fined and let go. Just wanted to get on the same page.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,211

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,851
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I agree with most of that. The rioters at the Capitol should go to jail rather than be fined and let go. Just wanted to get on the same page.
    All of them? Even if they didn't go into a building without permission and did no damage?

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,851
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't really know much about their cases so I wouldn't say certainly. But I do think that at least Chelsea faced the music. Snowden ran to one of our major enemies to avoid any accountability for his actions.
    I think it's important to protect whistleblowers. Pompeo said Snowden deserved a death sentence for making public the US government's illegal spying on it's own citizens. Of course the media isn't going to go against the government so such a big story got surprisingly forgotten quickly and all the horrible programs that came from Bush2 are still going strong.

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    All of them? Even if they didn't go into a building without permission and did no damage?
    The people outside who weren't fighting the cops ya I'd say give them a fine or really shouldn't get anything. I didn't really see anything wrong with them marching on the Capitol.

    Anyone inside should get the book thrown at them. Glad we can agree.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,478
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    The people outside who weren't fighting the cops ya I'd say give them a fine or really shouldn't get anything. I didn't really see anything wrong with them marching on the Capitol.

    Anyone inside should get the book thrown at them. Glad we can agree.
    some books larger than others
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,302

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,211
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is the same reason why Hilary lost to Trump though. Democrats don't have the same passion and ability to rally behind a candidate/show continual support that Republicans do. Yes, its great we won't see Biden hats and t-shirts but that ability to garner support while Democrats remain divided is not good for the left. The only reason why that happened in this election is because there was an overwhelmingly strong movement to get Trump out of office.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-14-2021 at 02:37 AM.

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,302
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is the same reason why Hilary lost to Trump though. Democrats don't have the same passion and ability to rally behind a candidate/show continual support that Republicans do. Yes, its great we won't see Biden hats and t-shirts that ability garner support while Democrats remain divided is not good for the left. The only reason why that happened in this election is because there was an overwhelming strong amount of momentum to get Trump out of office.
    Youíre not wrong. And itís definitely a trend. I hope the GOTV efforts stay strong and we can reverse it.

    Bush: ****s **** up.
    Obama: cleans **** up.
    Trump: ****s **** up.
    Biden: cleans **** up.

    Who will **** **** up after Biden or the next Democrat in 2024?

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,808
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Name a time where Trump told the crowd to go in and invade the capital?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,808
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Youíre not wrong. And itís definitely a trend. I hope the GOTV efforts stay strong and we can reverse it.

    Bush: ****s **** up.
    Obama: cleans **** up.
    Trump: ****s **** up.
    Biden: cleans **** up.

    Who will **** **** up after Biden or the next Democrat in 2024?
    This is funny


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,425
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is the same reason why Hilary lost to Trump though. Democrats don't have the same passion and ability to rally behind a candidate/show continual support that Republicans do. Yes, its great we won't see Biden hats and t-shirts but that ability to garner support while Democrats remain divided is not good for the left. The only reason why that happened in this election is because there was an overwhelmingly strong movement to get Trump out of office.
    It'd because we don't have a candidate that stands for something. Biden is a conservative centrist.

    He stands for nothing except for both sidesing it. Trump stood for something. He stood for fascism , narcissism, selfishness, and evil, but he stood for something.


    You can't build a passionate following by being a centrist. Obama is the exception to the rule.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Name a time where Trump told the crowd to go in and invade the capital?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name a time where Trump wasn't telling his base that the election was stolen, that America was robbed of their rightful president, etc. Even Mitch McConnell of all people suggested that Trump incited that violence at the Capitol. Trump caught a break because the Constitution hasn't had an amendment to free speech since it was written.

    I'm sure the usual suspects will come in to defend him though.

Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •