Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 582 of 634 FirstFirst ... 82482532572580581582583584592632 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 9498
  1. #8716
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,737
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    She knew. Thats the point. Military police actively train for those type of events. I am sure she is aware of their protocols.

    There was an investigation. What was the point of what Nyy posted from the DOJ otherwise?

    This isn't a case of police brutality.
    good to know that police killings are not part of brutality.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  2. #8717
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,737
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Not sure which alex jones type of person told you this was a lie, but you're wrong.

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

    Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 856 civilians having been shot, 75 of whom were Black, as of October 31, 2022. In 2021, there were 1,055 fatal police shootings, and in 2020 there were 1,020 fatal shootings. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 41 fatal shootings per million of the population as of October 2022.

    We'll add data interpretation/understanding to the list of things you can't do.
    Way to ignore crime committed. You are outstanding at lying.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  3. #8718
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    good to know that police killings are not part of brutality.
    "This" was referring to Babbitt's case.

    You generalizing it to "police killings are not part of brutality" is either a poor attempt to twist words or more evidence that you can't comprehend written material.

  4. #8719
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Way to ignore crime committed. You are outstanding at lying.
    Wow, I wish I had a crayon in front of me to draw this out for you.

    I said police killings were disproportionate towards non-white people.

    You said that was a lie.

    I provide data supporting my claim.

    You respond "way to ignore crime committed".

    If I shared your responses with others, they might think I was making it up because no one could be THAT ignorant, right? But here you are....

  5. #8720
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,250
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    good to know that police killings are not part of brutality.
    Way to oversimplify and generalize. Not all police shootings are justified. This one was.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2022 at 05:58 PM.

  6. #8721
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    11,537
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    This post just recaps what happened.

    You didn't answer my question, which is why did you bring this up after her name was mentioned and after the topic of conversation was how people, including officers, were killed because of the attack?

    I watched many videos of that day, including live footage as it happened. That has nothing to do with the fact that Babbitt and the other terrorists broke laws, caused property damage, threatened the lives of others, killed others, physically harmed others, and attempted to overthrow the government. As you agreed with earlier, she is responsible for her death that day.

    The big question is, why did you bring up officers leaving their posts? Were you trying to shift focus? Trying to shift blame or responsibility? What was your motivation for bringing that up?
    I bring up the officers walking away from their post because no attempt to breech the window happened until they did. Had they remained in place, it is likely that none would have happened at all.

  7. #8722
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,250
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I bring up the officers walking away from their post because no attempt to breech the window happened until they did. Had they remained in place, it is likely that none would have happened at all.
    How do you know that though? You had a whole crowd of people who had already infiltrated other parts of the building that they knew were prohibited areas.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjsc...hannel=CBSNews

    Trump made her a martyr and many people bought it hook, line, and sinker.

  8. #8723
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    11,537
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    How do you know that though? You had a whole crowd of people who had already infiltrated other parts of the building that they knew were prohibited areas.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjsc...hannel=CBSNews

    Trump made her a martyr and many people bought it hook, line, and sinker.
    I am going by what I saw in the video. No attempt was made to breech the window while the officers were there. Just some people banging on the doors. The officers walk away from their posts and then the attempt is made.
    And yes, other officers in riot gear run into the area following the shot. No sign of them prior to the 3 guys walking away, however.
    Yes, Trump made her a martyr. He did lots of stupid things.

  9. #8724
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,250
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I am going by what I saw in the video. No attempt was made to breech the window while the officers were there. Just some people banging on the doors. The officers walk away from their posts and then the attempt is made.
    And yes, other officers in riot gear run into the area following the shot. No sign of them prior to the 3 guys walking away, however.
    Until Babbitt did and you had other people in that crowd breaking windows. Does that look like something that was done for effect? How do you interpret an angry mob in which some had already trespassed deep into the Capitol building?

    Here's a question for you. What would you have done if you were in that police officer's position once Babbitt had jumped through the window? Knowing that there was an irrational crowd behind her and having intel that other parts of the capitol had already been compromised.

  10. #8725
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    49,187
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I bring up the officers walking away from their post because no attempt to breech the window happened until they did. Had they remained in place, it is likely that none would have happened at all.
    They literally shattered the glass on both sides of the cop closest to the camera while he was standing there.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  11. #8726
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    11,537
    I'm not trained to be a police officer. The officer had a taser, I would assume. Perhaps he should have used it first and then had it not stopped her, used lethal force.
    The question remains, however -- Why did the 3 officers simply walk away from their post?

  12. #8727
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    11,537
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    They literally shattered the glass on both sides of the cop closest to the camera while he was standing there.
    And what did the officer do?

  13. #8728
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,250
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I'm not trained to be a police officer. I am not trained as a combat infantryman anymore, either. The officer had a taser, I would assume. Perhaps he should have used it first and then had it not stopped her, used lethal force.
    The question remains, however -- Why did the 3 officers simply walk away from their post?
    If the police officer has a gun pointed at you, what exactly do you expect the outcome to be if ignore his warnings and attempt to trespass further? This wasn't just a one on one encounter. You had dozens of people in that hallway that were trying to get to politicians and staffers in that building. I'd bet my life on the fact that these officers are trained for security breaches. Not to mention, they have to make in succession decisions on a second to second basis. Sorry but Ashli Babbitt made decisions that put her life in danger and the lives of others in potential danger as well. That's not murder.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2022 at 07:21 PM.

  14. #8729
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    49,187
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And what did the officer do?
    Get out of the way when other, more heavily armed police were arriving on the other side.

    Which you'd know if you'd ever watched the video I've linked you to multiple times.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  15. #8730
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    49,187
    Here are both windows unbroken.



    Here are both windows on either side of the cop now broken. Almost like they were still trying to break windows even with them standing there.



    Here's the cop pointing to the other officers arriving from behind the crowd.



    And the same cop two seconds later looking above the crowd, again to where other officers were arriving.



    And now telling the others with him "They're ready to roll," which you can hear clearly on the video, and gesturing for them to follow him to the side.



    They haven't left, though; simply moved to the side as the other officers approached, as you can see here.



    And what do you know, there they are, the same other officers he pointed to, clearly looked at, and then referred to as being "ready to roll."



    All of this runs counter to your weird invention that they, to quote you, "simply walked away from their post." They didn't. They moved aside as help arrived so they were not in the line of fire or trapped behind the crowd.

    Again, watching the video I've linked you to multiple times made this all very clear.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •