Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 1385
  1. #796
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,312
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I mean that's another part of this too. Not saying the ends justify the means but did Newsom or Pelosi ever test positive for COVID? It's not like they got it and knowingly exposed anyone.

    True colors come out when something harrowing stares someone right in the face. If that's testing Cruz's ability to handle adversity, he failed miserably. Not that you needed much to know he was a piece of human garbage to begin with.
    so anyone in America that hasn't tested positive for Covid19 is free to go anywhere they want? come on now, you yourself should know better.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  2. #797
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,879
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    A lot of which is thinly veiled in religious overtones. It obviously can't be okay because God and the bible says its wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Its perplexing to me that one would use religion as a basis for discrimination against transgender since, so far as Im aware, The Bible never once discusses transgenders.
    Theres a whole lot more going on in the world of religion than what is discussed in The Bible.

    This issue transgender discrimination may be the focus of a specific group/sect within a specific religion but not religion itslef.

  3. #798
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,217
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Its perplexing to me that one would use religion as a basis for discrimination against transgender since, so far as Im aware, The Bible never once discusses transgenders.
    I believe it's pretty clear in how it feels on the subject quite early on in the book. But of course the real question is, why do I care what that particular fiction section book has to say on anything. I care about as much what it has to say as either the Harry Potter books or their author.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  4. #799
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,173
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    so anyone in America that hasn't tested positive for Covid19 is free to go anywhere they want? come on now, you yourself should know better.
    No but there's a difference between knowingly contracting it and taking no precautions and not doing so. Again, I'm not justifying what Newsom did but you're accusing someone of potentially passing a virus he didn't have.

  5. #800
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,173
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if Warren did the same thing it still wouldn't be as bad as any Democrat or Republican breaking their own order during a pandemic that has killed more than 500,000 people. that number is much bigger than any natural disaster that would happen in America.
    That's your opinion. I think leaving a state in the midst of a natural disaster is callous and inhumane, especially when there are ways those people can help significantly. The woman you demonize so much (AOC) raised 5 million dollars for the state of Texas and she doesn't even live there.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-25-2021 at 02:11 PM.

  6. #801
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Theres a whole lot more going on in the world of religion than what is discussed in The Bible.

    This issue transgender discrimination may be the focus of a specific group/sect within a specific religion but not religion itslef.
    Yes I was generalizing some but there is no denying LGBTQ discrimination amongst many religions and religious followers.

  7. #802
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,879
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes I was generalizing some but there is no denying LGBTQ discrimination amongst many religions and religious followers.
    No doubt, but it makes the point more effectively if we stick to the groups that are involved in this particular issue (I am pretty sure that the theravada buddhists of Sri Lanka are not all that exercised by the US social debate over transgender rights, but I bet the christians in the Southern Baptist Convention are).

  8. #803
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    No doubt, but it makes the point more effectively if we stick to the groups that are involved in this particular issue (I am pretty sure that the theravada buddhists of Sri Lanka are not all that interested in the US social debate over transgender rights, but I bet the christians in the Southern Baptist Convention are).
    For sure. If I pick out individual religious sects, the hate is apparently flowing through me as one poster mentioned. We know the religious groups who are more likely to discriminate. There is a certain group that is a big reason to why Trump was elected in 2016.

  9. #804
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,217
    Has anyone seen this Mammoth Nation nonsense? I see them like every 5th or 6th commercial on Newsmax. They are telling the viewers how liberals are coming to destroy them and that free speech is dead. They are really scaring these people who take what these folks say as serious.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  10. #805
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,879
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    For sure. If I pick out individual religious sects, the hate is apparently flowing through me as one poster mentioned. We know the religious groups who are more likely to discriminate. There is a certain group that is a big reason to why Trump was elected in 2016.
    Yes, and to a degree it is fair to make generalization about a group, like evangelical christians or christian nationalists, based on documented voting patterns and articulated political position statements.

    I do not know what are the range of Muslim or Jewish positions regarding LBGT rights, but the so-called liberal christian church takes a very different stance than the so-called conservative christian church (hence, my focus on the Southern Baptist Convention).

  11. #806
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,312
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No but there's a difference between knowingly contracting it and taking no precautions and not doing so. Again, I'm not justifying what Newsom did but you're accusing someone of potentially passing a virus he didn't have.
    last I read you can have the virus and not show any symptoms. which could be the point of not breaking order not to go anywhere.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  12. #807
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,312
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's your opinion. I think leaving a state in the midst of a natural disaster is callous and inhumane, especially when there are ways those people can help significantly. The woman you demonize so much (AOC) raised 5 million dollars for the state of Texas and she doesn't even live there.
    I've said Cruz was wrong for leaving. he should have know better and was an idiot for leaving.

    but the other situation I've brought up was during a stay at home order because of a serious virus that in California alone has killed more than 50 thousand to date. he should have known better than an order not to do that during a time when this many people have died. the rate of people dying was worse than anything in Texas. it's not even that he didn't have the virus, anyone he was in contact with could have had the virus.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  13. #808
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,182
    Just imagine if Newsome took off to Siberia because he was too hot from the fires.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  14. #809
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,173
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    last I read you can have the virus and not show any symptoms. which could be the point of not breaking order not to go anywhere.
    Sure, you can but there's a difference between knowingly having symptoms/exposing people and doing it unintentionally. I fully admit Newsom was irresponsible but again he never officially was diagnosed with COVID-19.

    You do realize that California has a population of 39 million people and there have been 3.5 million cases of COVID, right? That's less than 10% of the population affected. The odds are a lot more in his favor that he didn't have it.

    Sorry but I think its more than idiocy on Cruz's part.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-25-2021 at 06:54 PM.

  15. #810
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,217
    Imagine knowing this guy made a statement wholly condemning Trump after his impeachment trial.

    https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/st...291733505?s=21

Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •