Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 140 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2719
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    My point is companies settle without admitting guilt all the time because it's cheaper for them to do so.
    They settle without admitting guilt is not the same as they are not guilty.

Wow, I can't think of anything in my life that I did that was racist. Once in grade school I playfully hit my Japanese friend on Pearl Harbor, his hurt look immediately made me apolize. But that was in grade school where I also call fat girls chunkettes.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

First of all, i think most people above a certain age (60-70) have done something throughout their life we would consider racist in 2021. Its whether or not you choose to put the label of "racist" on that person or not. It's why no one cares that biden has done racist stuff.
    I agree with that idea generally that having said/done something throughout your life that would be considered racist many years later is probably not uncommon for older people. I think that putting the label on will often come down to the extent to which you are doing it and that is part of what I am getting at. I also think the level and apparent intent will play a part too.

Trump and Biden have both done and said things that can be considered racist. Trump is much different in that he has pushed these racist ideas repeatedly over and over without ever really stopping and answering in a meaningful way why. We will see extreme bigotry from him like on twitter propaganda shared or even the initial proposed muslim ban. He will actively be pushing these things himself over and over and over. It isn't like people are now stuck with a few instances they have to judge it is a repeated pattern over time of pretty extreme bigotry and at certain points racism seems to play a part (legally, central park 5) others it seems like race could play a part in singling out certain people certain ways (Obama) and others it is just open bigotry at other groups like say Muslims. The combination of everything and the constant pushing of bigotry aimed at minority groups starts seeming to be a pattern and choice and is certainly popping up over and over.

When you use all the context that is why the label over time may have shifted more and more. Issues from his past likely came more into the spotlight with the attention and he continuously pushes bigoted stances where race could seemingly factor in (at the very least clear double standards towards someone that could be seen as racial/never fully explained by trump). As more people learn about a racist history and see bigoted and questionably racist approaches over and over from an individual it is different than having done one or two things in your past or made a couple questionable comments it is actively still choosing these types of approaches often without clear/logical explanation for why.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm not really sure why we don't treat it as an admission of guilt.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Wow, I can't think of anything in my life that I did that was racist. Once in grade school I playfully hit my Japanese friend on Pearl Harbor, his hurt look immediately made me apolize. But that was in grade school where I also call fat girls chunkettes.
    When I was in 3rd grade me and 5 others were enamored by this Korean kid who had very closed eyes. It was all curiosity and no teasing at all. But we asked him a bunch of dumb ignorant question. Is everything blury? Can you see me when I step back? Try to open your eyes as much as possible.... WOOOAHHHHHH!!!!!

Come on you have to have something better than that. The first time my friend saw a white person he asked if she was sick and said she looked dead. He was 4 lol. My sister asked a black guy why he was so dark and if he got brighter at night when she was 3.

Innocent and naive things... but racist lol.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 05-17-2021 at 03:38 AM.

My point is companies settle without admitting guilt all the time because it's cheaper for them to do so.
    Ok. Do you think that was the case here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree. Its also not the same as admitting they are guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ok. Do you think that was the case here?

It does not matter what i think or any of us thinks for that matter. We are looking at it from probably bias perspective and through a different lense in 2021. OJ Simpson was found not guilty of killing his wife and Goldman. Plenty of people have speculated on innocence or guilt. There have been tv shows and movies based on what people think happened. But Oj Simpson was found not guilty of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Id say this is also true of anyone 60-70 years old, of any race. Most people are not going to view their actions as racist. It's when others judge them, especially through a 2021 lense the label gets put on them.

It does not matter what i think or any of us thinks for that matter. We are looking at it from probably bias perspective and through a different lense in 2021. OJ Simpson was found not guilty of killing his wife and Goldman. Plenty of people have speculated on innocence or guilt. There have been tv shows and movies based on what people think happened. But Oj Simpson was found not guilty of murder.
    If your point is “I don’t care if he was racist”say so. Why the smoke screen?

The Cult of Trump

Joey please don’t tell about Joe Biden or some nonsense when I ask this question. Give us a yes or no answer. So do you care if the President is racist?

Joey please don’t tell about Joe Biden or some nonsense when I ask this question. Give us a yes or no answer. So do you care if the President is racist?

Define racist. First we have to define what that term actually means. It's lost a lot of weight recently.

If your point is “I don’t care if he was racist”say so. Why the smoke screen?

My point is we are a nation of laws, not morals or feelings.

The Cult of Trump

Define racist. First we have to define what that term actually means. It's lost a lot of weight recently.
    I don’t think it ever had any with you. Next you will ask us to define “is”

Last edited by ewing; 05-17-2021 at 08:29 AM.

The Cult of Trump

[QUOTE=joeyc77;33951462]My point is we are a nation of laws, not morals or feelings.[/QUOTE

So all behavior is ok it’s ok so long as you don’t get convicted?

Last edited by ewing; 05-17-2021 at 08:31 AM.