Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 119 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2741
  1. #1771
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I thought about it. It's stupid.
    Stupid to think policies that haven't worked in areas in which democrats have maintained control for decades will all of a sudden start working?

  2. #1772
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    57,866
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Stupid to think policies that haven't worked in areas in which democrats have maintained control for decades will all of a sudden start working?
    Not working? They all have cell phones, internet, TV, indoor plumbing....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #1773
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Not working? They all have cell phones, internet, TV, indoor plumbing....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So they can take a s--t and watch the Knicks/Lakers play on their phone... the ultimate sign states like NY and California have Democratic polices that are working...

    Meanwhile in Texas and Florida....
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  4. #1774
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Not working? They all have cell phones, internet, TV, indoor plumbing....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The rich get richer i guess...

  5. #1775
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    So they can take a s--t and watch the Knicks/Lakers play on their phone... the ultimate sign states like NY and California have Democratic polices that are working...

    Meanwhile in Texas and Florida....
    ....they can take a s*it and watch the Mavs/Heat without a mask.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 05-05-2021 at 10:30 PM.

  6. #1776
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    I'm 70/30 Trump. He's too outspoken for me but I do agree with a lot of the points he makes regarding trade, immigration, and career politicians who don't actually serve the people. How many of you truly think Pelosi, Waters, or Biden truly cares about your life as much as it is to serve their party?

    I'm an independent and would have liked if Yang had a legitimate shot at it again but let's see how his mayoral run goes.

    Whatever Trump's decision is, he needs to be clear about it as it seems a huge wave of Republicans are pushing for Ron DeSantis. Personally, I'd rather Trump not run. He's old and should just get out of the political scene. Biden likely gives up his reign and although I think Kamala would love to be president, quite frankly I don't think the Democrat establishment would feel confident in her winning considering her poor performance in the primaries.

  7. #1777
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    So they can take a s--t and watch the Knicks/Lakers play on their phone... the ultimate sign states like NY and California have Democratic polices that are working...

    Meanwhile in Texas and Florida....
    California has a larger state economy than Texas, and New York has a larger state economy than Florida...

    Both California and New York have higher median income by household than Texas and Florida:

    https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ncome-by-state

    In fact, it’s pretty much all liberal states at the top and conservative ones at the bottom.

    California has a lower poverty rate than Texas or Florida (though none are doing too well):

    https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state

    In fact, the top is again littered with liberal states and the bottom with conservative ones.

    Not sure what the argument is but California has a bigger economy, less people in poverty, and a higher median household income than either Texas or Florida.

  8. #1778
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    California has a larger state economy than Texas, and New York has a larger state economy than Florida...

    Both California and New York have higher median income by household than Texas and Florida:

    https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ncome-by-state

    In fact, it’s pretty much all liberal states at the top and conservative ones at the bottom.

    California has a lower poverty rate than Texas or Florida (though none are doing too well):

    https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state

    In fact, the top is again littered with liberal states and the bottom with conservative ones.

    Not sure what the argument is but California has a bigger economy, less people in poverty, and a higher median household income than either Texas or Florida.
    Median household income isn't as relevant when you don't consider the cost of living.

    California and New York having a higher median income is directly tied with higher living costs which is why minimum wage is significantly higher in cities than rural areas.

    The poverty level is a NATIONAL rate. It isn't adjusted for cost of living. When you live in NY and spend $2,200 for a 400 sq foot apartment vs living in Texas and paying $600 for the same apartment, there's a huge difference.

    Your arguments aren't very convincing other than New York and California do have stronger economies which isn't due to liberal policies. New York was a financial hub way before liberal policies came to play and that is precisely why New York is the financial capital of the world even today. California's weather makes it prime for agriculture and the ports for transportation of goods makes it an ideal location. Has less to do with blue vs red than you are framing it to be.

  9. #1779
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,451
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Median household income isn't as relevant when you don't consider the cost of living.

    California and New York having a higher median income is directly tied with higher living costs which is why minimum wage is significantly higher in cities than rural areas.

    The poverty level is a NATIONAL rate. It isn't adjusted for cost of living. When you live in NY and spend $2,200 for a 400 sq foot apartment vs living in Texas and paying $600 for the same apartment, there's a huge difference.

    Your arguments aren't very convincing other than New York and California do have stronger economies which isn't due to liberal policies. New York was a financial hub way before liberal policies came to play and that is precisely why New York is the financial capital of the world even today. California's weather makes it prime for agriculture and the ports for transportation of goods makes it an ideal location. Has less to do with blue vs red than you are framing it to be.
    Actually when adjusting for cost of living all 4 are near the bottom:

    https://flowingdata.com/2021/03/25/i...ost-of-living/

    But both New York and California are ahead of Florida. So if your argument is when adjusting for cost of living you make way more in Texas or Florida relatively, it’s a big Miss.

    Bolded: I wasn’t the one who framed it that way: you guys did with all your “Florida and Texas are so much better than California and New York” nonsense. Thus I’m assuming you’ll cease trying to make such an erroneous argument.

  10. #1780
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually when adjusting for cost of living all 4 are near the bottom:

    https://flowingdata.com/2021/03/25/i...ost-of-living/

    But both New York and California are ahead of Florida. So if your argument is when adjusting for cost of living you make way more in Texas or Florida relatively, it’s a big Miss.

    Bolded: I wasn’t the one who framed it that way: you guys did with all your “Florida and Texas are so much better than California and New York” nonsense. Thus I’m assuming you’ll cease trying to make such an erroneous argument.
    I never once claimed Florida and Texas were better. Each states have their own benefits so people should relocate based on their living situation and circumstances. I just so happen to prefer Texas simply because I like the space and no state income taxes.

    I'm pointing out the fact that your median income isn't adjusted and thus, makes the disparity seem a lot more significant. California goes from the top 5 to bottom 21 so therefore, your argument was flawed to begin with because you clearly forgot about the adjusted cost of living. If that was never your intention, you would have posted the adjusted cost of living chart initially because we all know $1 spent in Hawaii is far different than a $1 spent in Alabama.

    $1 in America gives you $1 in purchasing power. Most red states have above $1 in purchasing power with every dollar in Arkansas having an actual PPP value of $1.18. In New York, that's $.86. That's nearly a 40% difference in spending power.

    My point isn't to say one state is particularly better. It's to debunk your sources.

  11. #1781
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,451
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I never once claimed Florida and Texas were better. Each states have their own benefits so people should relocate based on their living situation and circumstances. I just so happen to prefer Texas simply because I like the space and no state income taxes.

    I'm pointing out the fact that your median income isn't adjusted and thus, makes the disparity seem a lot more significant. California goes from the top 5 to bottom 21 so therefore, your argument was flawed to begin with because you clearly forgot about the adjusted cost of living. If that was never your intention, you would have posted the adjusted cost of living chart initially because we all know $1 spent in Hawaii is far different than a $1 spent in Alabama.

    $1 in America gives you $1 in purchasing power. Most red states have above $1 in purchasing power with every dollar in Arkansas having an actual PPP value of $1.18. In New York, that's $.86. That's nearly a 40% difference in spending power.

    My point isn't to say one state is particularly better. It's to debunk your sources.
    Well others did and you did not debunk their notions. Thus your attempt at simply rectifying factual discrepancies was flawed from the beginning, because you clearly forgot to dispute their notions. If that was never your intention, you would have rebuked their attempts to portray Texas and Florida as superior initially, which you did not.

    My point was also never to say any state was better, it was to debunk the notion that California and New York were worse. But now we know you also don’t believe that claim.

  12. #1782
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well others did and you did not debunk their notions. Thus your attempt at simply rectifying factual discrepancies was flawed from the beginning, because you clearly forgot to dispute their notions. If that was never your intention, you would have rebuked their attempts to portray Texas and Florida as superior initially, which you did not.

    My point was also never to say any state was better, it was to debunk the notion that California and New York were worse. But now we know you also don’t believe that claim.
    I'm not singling you out. I'm just having a discussion with people who I believe are capable of having a discussion with. There are trolls from both sides who I will avoid because I have a strong intuition that it will lead nowhere for either side. I can tell you at least take your time to research before posting which is what a discussion should ultimately lead to.

  13. #1783
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,451
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I'm not singling you out. I'm just having a discussion with people who I believe are capable of having a discussion with. There are trolls from both sides who I will avoid because I have a strong intuition that it will lead nowhere for either side. I can tell you at least take your time to research before posting which is what a discussion should ultimately lead to.
    My apologies. I did not know you had singled them out already as unworthy of response.

  14. #1784
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,450
    All states have advantages and disadvantages. That's what they are supposed to do.

    I love and hate California. I love and hate Texas. And PA, NY, OH, WA, and OR (all the places I've lived). They all do some things VERY well, and some terribly.

    Find your level and hopefully you can move there as soon as possible.

    I am from and spent more of my life than anywhere else in California but I moved my family to Texas (where my parents met and started a family long ago) because my kids are interested in the arts and Texas puts much more emphasis on the arts in public schools than California does. It's incongruous to me and my expectations that the red state cares more about art than the blue state that makes money on art more than any other but it's true.
    Last edited by Scoots; 05-06-2021 at 10:20 AM.

  15. #1785
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    513
    In my experience most MAGA types are uneducated and have subnormal IQ's. Might just be the Hoosier variant. Some of them tend to drool a bit too.

    Oh, and given the support rendered to traitorist agendas and issues, I am happy to be counted a troll. There are no apparent redeeming qualities to these people or their movement.
    Last edited by Blue6; 05-06-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •