Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2011 - I wanted Marshon Brooks, Cory Joseph, or Jimmy Butler in that spot. We took Brooks and traded him for JuJuan lol.

2012 - I wanted Perry Jones & Jeffrey Taylor in those spots. Ainge took Jared Sullinger & Fab Melo. None of them ended up doing much anyway in the end lol, but I'd like to think that the uber athletic Jones & Taylor with the right coaching from day one could have reached that potential. I'm not going to throw Draymond into there because no one in the first round took him.

2013 - Giannis was the guy I wanted there. Ainge had Dallas draft Olynyk for us. Ugh.

2014 - Smart was my dude since his college days. I was thrilled with that pick. The second pick we had, James Young, meh. I wanted a shooter or big man there, so Harris/Hood/Capela would have been nice.

2015 - Wanted Justin Anderson or Nance there, but Rozier ended up wayyyy better

2016 - Can't complain about the Jaylen pick at all, no one else was as good a prospect. Yabusele though, was a terrible and I wasn't happy about taking him and Zizic but at the same time Ainge wanted contracts that stayed overseas. I was hoping Valentine would fall to us there, and wanted Damian Jones at some point.

2017 - I wanted Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum with Jackson preferred and didn't like Fultz or Ball, and we got Tatum who ended up worlds better. Can't complain at all. My other wants were Bam or Giles, but I doubt we could have pulled off a trade up without giving up a future 1st.

2018 - I wanted either Robert Williams or Mitchell Robinson there and we took Williams.

2019 - was hoping we could trade up into the top few picks for another star. Then was hoping that Herro could fall to us. Wanted Bol Bol with any pick we had in the first and second and Ainge passed every time.

2020 - was hoping that we could trade up for Obi Toppin. Nesmith, Achiuwa, or Bey were the guys I wanted there once the draft fell as it did. Pritchard I liked a lot but didn't have him in the first. Phenomenal pick by Ainge on that one.
    Last edited by AntiG; 01-07-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Hell no. At the time, I think most draft experts saw him as a hyper-athletic 3 and D prospect with some upside. I don't think anyone envisioned him being a 25+ PPG guy and a future perennial top 5 player in the league. And I have to think going to San Antonio and developing on a team with Pop, Duncan, Parker, etc. probably helped a lot. But it still haunts me. Imagine having Harden and Kawhi on the same team over the last eight seasons...

That is one of the all-time Rockets "what ifs," right up there with Paul's hamstring, the injury plagued T-Mac/Yao era and the "What if Houston had traded for MJ and had an MJ/Olajuwon core?"
    That was gonna be my next question but ya already answered it. I would agree too.

I could write a novel about this topic.

there isnt a bone in my body that would make me draft tatum even knowing what i know now because **** that dude lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    there isnt a bone in my body that would make me draft tatum even knowing what i know now because **** that dude lol
    Imagine you had taken Tatum and BI. Might be the best front line in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Imagine you had taken Tatum and BI. Might be the best front line in NBA history
    or what the Celtics missed out on what I had above, a Giannis-Tatum-Brown-Smart lineup with whatever 1 or a 5 you want there.

2014: Masai picked Bruno Caboclo. He had Gary Harris in his sights but Denver traded up to steal him. I remember being extra salty about that.

Thatís the only bad draft pick Masai has made. Every one of his other picks has been amazing. Masai is the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    2014: Masai picked Bruno Caboclo. He had Gary Harris in his sights but Denver traded up to steal him. I remember being extra salty about that.

Thatís the only bad draft pick Masai has made. Every one of his other picks has been amazing. Masai is the greatest.
    Having watched Caboclo some this season, he's still two years away from being two years away. I look forward to him being a legit NBA player in 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Having watched Caboclo some this season, he's still two years away from being two years away. I look forward to him being a legit NBA player in 2030.
    Kevin Durant is the American Bruno Coboclo.

looking back

2016 NBA draft-traded the first round pick for George Hill #12. looking back this doesn't look too bad, but in hindsight keeping the pick and I guess we could have gotten LeVert, but that seems like a huge reach

2017 NBA draft we traded up and got Donovan Mitchell so wouldn't change that one. we had another first rounder that we used to trade for Tony Bradley. would have been way better if we had just kept Josh Hart or somehow gotten Kuzma the local kid.

2018 we took Allen 23rd and honestly not the worst pick of the bunch. Would in hindsight probably take Shamet though or if we are really reaching since I didn't take a center last year I would take Mitchell Robinson. didn't really matter as we used this to get Conley

2019 again used this to get Conley before we even picked, but man this team could really use the guy we actually picked for the Grizzlies/OKC in Bazley

2020-way too early to say.

2020 - malachi flynn, was ok with this other guys i was thinking of were maledon, oturu,nwora,tyrell terry and a few guys that went before our pick like zeke nnaji and poku

2019 - no pick but picked up terrance davis, pretty satisfied

2018 - no pick

2017 - anunoby is who i wanted and we got him, surprised he fell

2016 - the year the bargnani trade pick was due,still can't believe masai pulled that off, we also made the conf finals that year so that was pretty sweet. we took jakob but should have taken sabonis, maybe he would have went in the kawhi trade though, siakam also another steal at 27. Also signed vanvleet undrafted great draft year.

2015 - picked up delon wright and norm powell no complaints

2014 - we swang for the fences this year and took bruno caboclo, masai probably did this after missing out on giannas the previous year, pick wasted

The 2018 draft. Bucks had a leak in the office. Bucks could of moved down from 17 to 19 and got 30 as well. Hawks were worried Bucks wanted Huerter. But Hawks heard online Bucks were taking DDV. #30 Hawks picked Omari Spelliman. Buck at could of took Devonte Graham at #30. Instead of Hornets at #34.

2015: Heat selected Justise Winslow with the 10th pick; I too would have taken Winslow with the #10 pick. I thought his defense was strong and he looked to be developing a decent shot in the 2nd half of his season at Duke. In hindsight, Devin Booker obviously should have the pick, but at the time I was very happy to get Winslow. Winslow should have stayed in College for another year because it really took him a couple years to really come into himself. At the end of his tenure in Miami he was actually developing into a pretty good point guard, albeit he was injured a lot.

2017: Heat selected Edrice "Bam" Adebayo with the 14th pick; I DESPERATELY wanted Miami to snag Donovan Mitchell with this pick and was heartbroken when Utah scooped him up right before us at #13. With Mitchell off the board I was honestly hoping for either OG Anunoby or Harry Giles. OG because of his natural defensive talent and Giles, albeit very thin, because I thought he would develop into an really good player. In hindsight, Adebayo was clearly the correct choice, especially with Mitchell being off the board, and I'm very glad we got him.

2019: Heat selected Tyler Herro with the 13th pick; Before the draft I wanted Cam Reddish who went #10 to the Hawks. After he was taken I was hoping for Nickeil Alexander-Walker. SG was the position of need, someone to replace Wade, and there were plenty available where Miami was picking. Just like the Adebayo pick, they clearly made the correct choice and I'm very glad it worked out the way it did.

2020: Heat selected Precious Achiuwa with the #20 pick; I wanted Miami to get either Tyrese Maxey or RJ Hampton. This pick is really too early to judge, but it seems like it's going to work out well for the Heat. Maxey is playing quite well in Philadelphia and was taken at #21, but Achiuwa looks like he's got a lot of potential and Miami needs his size. Adebayo can't do it all by himself.

I'm honestly a bit spoiled as a Heat fan, things usually work out OK for Miami even if they have "gap years" every now and then. Pat Riley was never known for drafting/developing talent, but it's one of Erik Spoelstra's best qualities. I am 1000% sure that Spoelstra is to thank for having Adebayo, Herro, and Achiuwa on the roster.

2015: There was serious discussion/debate about us going okafor at the time. At the time and obviously now I was high on towns being the right pick with a more modern game.

2016: the first thibs draft. I wanted jaylen brown or Murray going in and Murray was still on the board when we picked. Wish we would have taken Murray. It was about 2 weeks into the season I realized thibs wasnít gonna end up working out and Dunn never really developed into much.

2017: traded the pick that became lauri for butler. I was never high on moving for butler and especially thought Wiggins should have been in the deal. I wanted Isaac bad this draft and he went one pick before ours. Looking back Mitchell seems like a good pick but I canít say I thought so at the time.

2018: josh okogie. I actually liked this pick and he could be a serviceable player still. Mitchell Robinson looks like the best value though looking back (canít say was high on him either).

2019: jarret culver. I also was on board with this move, garland going right before is also who I had interest in at the time for us. Coby intrigued me too and went right after. I never invisioned saric here long term so liked the move up.

2020: Edwards seemed like the right fit among some talented guys with question marks. My gut said he would be the pick, I personally was hoping we would move down a bit. I thought wiseman was the most talented/bpa. Lamelo has looked really good to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back before Steph became 2-time MVP and there were rumors of him or Monta Ellis being traded, I suggested the Blazers trade Batum and 2 1sts for Curry and I was ripped by Blazers fans for how bad that trade would have been (for Portland).

That made me think I could be a GM. However, during the Lillard draft, I was obsessed and wanted the Blazers to take Andre Drummond. Had I been GM, I would have taken Drummond over Lillard.

After that I stopped believing I should be GM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast