Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 66 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1883
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,059
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Agreed, I mean it depends on the LEVEL of their Trumpism I suppose, but I guarantee a LARGE percentage of the 74million who voted for him are not racist white supremacists. I have many friends and family members who voted for him, some readily, some with reluctance, most accepting his defeat many weeks ago....none remotely racist themselves.
    Yes, I know blacks and Mexicans, LOTS of Mexicans that support trump.

    They're not racist. They're just ok with racism.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,172
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, I know blacks and Mexicans, LOTS of Mexicans that support trump.

    They're not racist. They're just ok with racism.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lots of Hispanics in general supported Trump. Democrats thought they had Florida tied up in a pretty bow and came to find out that Trump won a significant % of Hispanics throughout the state and especially in Southern Florida. It was the difference in Biden not being able to declare victory sooner.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2021 at 12:42 AM.

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    15,972
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If you aren't in an airport, then CNN isn't really impactful. Maybe 5 people watch them outside all the TVs not in an airport.
    You literally posted a link to CNN this evening.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,391
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I dont think you can deal in absolutes that way. I agree with smaller government and less programs for taxpayer dollars to be wasted upon. That's an unfortunate reality because bureaucracies are notorious for blowing through already bloated budgets and having extreme deficit issues. Trump is a piece of human garbage and most of his policies are products of a 1950s America but the Democrats way of life isn't without its own sinkholes as well. There is a reason why 74 million people voted for Trump and why the house and Senate are split pretty evenly.

    I've been pretty outspoken about Trump but not every Republican policy is some travesty.
    I know there are reasons why 74 million people voted for Trump but we're rationalizing it. Is it OK people allowed Hitler to take over?

    Remember - he wasn't genocidal and people didn't know about it for some time. Take away the genocide and he was still an evil human being. Take away the genocide and people that voted for and supported him were human garbage.


    Every leader gained authority for a reason.

    Insert any terrible (murderous or not) leader and that rings true.

    And no- this is not me saying "Trump is hitler". He isn't. He is fascist, though.

    People that allowed this should be condemned for it philosophically and otherwise for the rest of their lives. It can't be excused or dismissed. How this happened and how horrific it was needs to be taught in college , taught in high school , taught in middle school.


    I hate the establishment democrats with a passion. I hate Biden. I hate pelosi.



    There has to be a line where morality supercedes politics. There is no reason at this point to believe that anyone who voted for Trump in 2020 has such a line.


    This doesn't mean that experts shouldn't study what led to the orange man taking over, to make sure nothing like it happens again in the US
    Last edited by blams; 01-22-2021 at 02:01 AM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,172
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I know there is a reason why 74 million people voted for Trump but we're rationalizing it. Is it OK people allowed Hitler to take over?

    Remember - he wasn't genocidal and people didn't know about it for some time. Take away the genocide and he was still an evil human being.


    Every leader gained authority for a reason. Good and bad.

    Same for mussolini.

    Same for putin

    Insert any terrible leader

    And no- this is not me saying "Trump is hitler". He isn't.

    But the point still stands. People that allowed this should be condemned for it philosophically and otherwise for the rest of their lives. It can't be excused or dismissed.


    I hate the establishment democrats with a passion. I hate Biden. I hate pelosi.



    There has to be a line where morality supercedes politics. Always. There is no reason to believe that anyone who voted for Trump in 2020 has such a line.
    You do realize there are large segments of the population who think both parties are selling you ******** almost all of the time, right? That just because Democrats dress the ******** up in a prettier manner that its still ********. Look, I get your point but Trump to a lot of people was everything government wasn't. He crapped on Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc. That was his appeal. That's super dangerous to the existence of our democracy because it could very well happen again. Hillary had no business losing the 2016 election. She was a Secretary of state, very accomplished politically, had a large base, and her husband was one of the more popular presidents in American history. She lost to a failed businessman whose claim to fame was his ability to bankrupt multiple casinos, a university, etc and was the host of a dumb reality show. A man who 20 years earlier was a registered Democrat.

    That's how little people think of Democrats on the opposing side. You don't have to be forced into accepting a Democratic candidate just because Trump is a piece of ****. People won't. They'll stay red because red is in their figurative blood. What helped Biden is that he was able to sway some Republicans and get overwhelming support from Democrats and independents. In a normal election where there is no pandemic that doesn't happen.

    I get your point but I'm sure you understand Democrats are not much higher up the totem pole. The "I don't trust government" crowd is a lot more likely to vote Red than they are blue as well. Rightfully so to some extent. Large government has shown to nepotistic, incompetent, wasteful, etc. The left flies that flag proudly and wonder why they have a hard time being re-elected.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2021 at 02:10 AM.

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,391
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You do realize there are large segments of the population who think both parties are selling you ******** almost all of the time, right? That just because Democrats dress the ******** up in a prettier manner that its still ********. Look, I get your point but Trump to a lot of people was everything government wasn't. He crapped on Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc. That was his appeal. That's super dangerous to the existence of our democracy because it could very well happen again. Hillary had no business losing the 2016 election. She was a Secretary of state, very accomplished politically, had a large base, and her husband was one of the more popular presidents in American history. She lost to a failed businessman whose claim to fame was his ability to bankrupt multiple businesses, a university, etc and had hosted a stupid reality tv show. A man who 20 years earlier was a registered Democrat.

    That's how little people think of Democrats on the opposing side. You don't have to be forced into accepting a Democratic candidate just because Trump is a piece of ****. People won't. They'll stay red because red is in their figurative blood. What helped Biden is that he was able to sway some Republicans and get overwhelming support from Democrats. In a normal election where there is no pandemic that doesn't happen.

    I get your point but I'm sure you understand Democrats are not much higher up the totem pole. The "I don't trust government" crowd is a lot more likely to vote Red than they are blue as well. Rightfully so to some extent. Large government has shown to nepotistic, incompetent, wasteful, etc.
    I would appreciate if you edit my quote to my cleaned up post haha, I went back and did some refining .


    It was common sense that being what he was, growing up how he did, he was just as much of a politician as everyone else - but worse, less intelligent, less tactful, less informed , etc.

    I understand there that there are flaws on both sides, but there needs to be a line where morality supercedes politics. Trump has proven the line doesn't exist for the right. I don't support the Democrats either.

    I have no reason to believe the right wouldn't support a Stalin type(and with a smile on their face) after just supporting the orange mussolini (the best comp to what Trump has been).

    Make no mistake about it, a vote for Trump was a vote for Fascism.


    There is a reason democratic socialism harbors the happiest societies in the world and why we don't see (and never will) see Libertarian governments

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 01-22-2021 at 02:15 AM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,172
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I would appreciate if you edit my quote to my cleaned up post haha, I went back and did some refining .


    It was common sense that being what he was, growing up how he did, he was just as much of a politician as everyone else - but worse, less intelligent, less tactful, less informed , etc.

    I understand there that there are flaws on both sides, but there needs to be a line where morality supercedes politics. Trump has proven the line doesn't exist for the right. I don't support the Democrats either.

    All unqualified, not all liberal, and all likely far more intelligent lol.

    I have no reason to believe the right wouldn't support a Stalin type after just supporting the orange mussolini (the best comp to what Trump has been)



    There is a reason democratic socialism harbors the happiest societies in the world and why we don't see (and never will) see Libertarian governments

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Its okay I saw it in re-edit and when you made reference to it in this post lol.

    See, I don't think a large majority of moderate rights would have voted for Trump had they known what would have happened in his 4 years as president. If that 2016 election is done over, I think Hillary wins. There is certainly a lot more support for Hillary from the fragmented left and Independents as well.

    I get your point. Its in the same breath that I said most Republicans won't vote Democrat but I think there is a common decency among most Americans (regardless of political affiliation) that wouldn't have had Trump be elected president had we known what he would become. We've seen that because Biden is not this rallying overwhelmingly popular figure. He got the most votes in American history because it was the right time and he had the right message but Biden had failed at trying to be president multiple times before.

    That said, Trump cultivated a larger fanbase as his presidency went on and as the left kept attacking him for everything. I dont think that cultivation has staying power though, especially because his platform has been dramatically curtailed as ex-president with no social media.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2021 at 02:25 AM.

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,391
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its okay I saw it in re-edit and when you made reference to it in this post lol.

    See, I don't think a large majority of moderate rights would have voted for Trump had they known what would have happened in his 4 years as president. If that 2016 election is done over, I think Hillary wins. There is certainly a lot more support for Hillary from the fragmented left and Independents as well.

    I get your point. Its in the same breath that I said most Republicans won't vote Democrat but I think there is a common decency among most Americans (regardless of political affiliation) that wouldn't have had Trump be elected president had we known what he would become. We've seen that because Biden is not this rallying overwhelmingly popular figure. He got the most votes in American history because it was the right time and he had the right message but Biden had failed at trying to be president multiple times before.

    That said, Trump cultivated a larger fanbase as his presidency went on and the left kept attacking him for everything. I dont think that has staying power though.
    I'd venture to guess maybe 15-20 percent of Trumpers wouldn't vote for him at the absolutely

    They'll say they don't like him as a person and I don't believe that for one second. They love him.

    (I just mentioned my edited post hoping you could edit your quote of mine to reflect my edited post because it was a bit all over the place lol)
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,874
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    John Sullivan was one of the terrorists that got inside. that is a fact. that doesn't mean there were not far more people that support Trump, but lets have honesty.
    You know what youre doing.

    You could find a nazi soldier who helped an old lady cross the street and ask for honesty.

    Trump was a disaster and so is your relentless defense of him and weak attempts to water down how terrible he and his base are.

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,172
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'd venture to guess maybe 15-20 percent of Trumpers wouldn't vote for him at the absolutely

    They'll say they don't like him as a person and I don't believe that for one second. They love him.

    (I just mentioned my edited post hoping you could edit your quote of mine to reflect my edited post because it was a bit all over the place lol)
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Yeah no problem.

    We have a difference of opinion in that respect because I can't discern the difference of how many people who voted for Trump that just didn't want Biden or any Democrat as president and those who just voted Trump and love him to death. There are a lot of the former.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2021 at 02:39 AM.

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,478
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah no problem.

    We have a difference of opinion in that respect because I can't discern the difference of how many people who voted for Trump that just didn't want Biden or any Democrat as president and those who just voted Trump and love him to death. There are a lot of the former.
    In pure numbers, there are FAR more of the former than the latter....it's just that the latter has been quite vocal, even hostile obviously. I don't know who could have been there to primary him, but there's a good chance a decent candidate would, at the least, have shown how many wanted a Republican more than simply wanting Trump.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,569
    I think they loved him for what they thought he stood for more than him.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,312
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No but I wish someone would research it
    I did. that's why I said, "the only article I see about John Sullivan from CNN is about countering Giuliani."

    while doing research I was able to find all of the links that I provided.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  14. 01-22-2021, 11:09 AM
    Reason
    There is a media bias thread

  15. 01-22-2021, 11:09 AM
    Reason
    Trolling

  16. 01-22-2021, 11:10 AM
    Reason
    Baiting

  17. #989
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,312
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    You can't be not "remotely racist" and support racists and racism. Sorry, but those friends and family are at the very least "kinda racist" lol
    do you or do you not support Joe Biden?


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  18. #990
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,312
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think they loved him for what they thought he stood for more than him.
    people that support Trump can agree that he is an ******* (I said this before) and that he is a narcissist (I said this before), but have support because of what he has done or what he wanted to do as President.

    Joe Biden has his own faults, but those that support Democrats I'm sure would still support Biden and his agenda.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  19. 01-22-2021, 11:11 AM
    Reason
    Trolling

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •