Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 126 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1883
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Not sure if you know this or not. But the impeachment process was never designed to be anything but a political process. If it was designed to operate like a court, the jury wouldn’t be the senators. The ones who file the indictment wouldn’t be the House Managers and they wouldn’t go before a grand jury of the entire House.
    Of course I understand that. According to the constitution, the Chief Justice is supposed to be the judge in the senate portion of the impeachment. The fact that Mr. Chief Justice Roberts declined to preside over the festivities brought the entire thing into question as to legality. In this trial, a biased member of the body that was acting as the jury presided. It was a waste of time, money and political capital.
    The fact that Trump may face federal charges in this incident gives me a bit of hope that something will be done to stop a president on their way out the door will try to do something of this nature again.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That's not what I'm seeing. The Democrats have the majority and are refusing to call witnesses. If Republicans had a Democratic president up there and the majority, they would be calling his third grade teacher who saw him cheat at recess.

I don't get why Democrats refuse to fight. If Democrats are in charge, you would be hard pressed to convince someone who didn't know which ones were Democrats
    No fight because there was nothing to fight to begin with. It was a complete sham.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I provided anecdotal evidence that has been confirmed by people in other states. You, on the other hand, just flung a blanket accusation out without any hope of proving it. You should either retract the accusation or prove it. You are not an acceptable moderator. Your little buddy, spliffy is chiming in, just to increase his post-count.
    Again, I will apologize to the boards for allowing trolls (including a troll moderator) to waste so much server space. It will not happen again, as long as the trolls understand that they are not right just because they say they are 5 times. Repeating a lie over and over does not make it true. The trolls need to understand that.
    Get on that soap box. Good for you!

Knew it was a matter for you to just flip out.

And just wondering dobyou study law in your free time? Just like you you do climate change?

Lololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Just read a newspaper article going in to that phone call. You'd think that would be relatively damning but apparently Republican politicians are fine with setting a precedent that the president can do whatever the **** he wants on his way out of the White House.
    Oh how damming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You sound like a spoiled child that's overdue for a nappy wappy.
    Go to hell

And every 50 senators had their mind made up on impeachment before the case even started. Many democrats wanted Trump impeached the minute he was elected in ‘16. Many republicans would have supported him through anything.

The case was a big waste of time because we all knew that he wasn’t going to be found guilty by 66 senators anyway. Democrats did this just to get back at Trump one last time and make sure he doesn’t get to run again in ‘24.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh how damming!

*damning

Go to hell

Make that two children overdue for a nappy wappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    He says that you can't hold a trial when the president has left office, and of course the only reason the trial wasn't held during his term was because McConnell didn't allow it.
    By that reasoning, all Pantaleo or Chauvin would need to do is retire.

And every 50 senators had their mind made up on impeachment before the case even started. Many democrats wanted Trump impeached the minute he was elected in ‘16. Many republicans would have supported him through anything.

The case was a big waste of time because we all knew that he wasn’t going to be found guilty by 66 senators anyway. Democrats did this just to get back at Trump one last time and make sure he doesn’t get to run again in ‘24.

Poor Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Imagine for a moment that a regular person had held that rally urging ppl to riot at the capital, they'd be in jail right now. There is no accountability in government.

Why would Kevin McCarthy call Trump in the middle of the insurrection, to plead with him to call off his terrorists, if he's not the one inciting the insurrection?! The answer is obvious!
    Imagine it was a group of Muslims. They'd be mowed down

I provided anecdotal evidence that has been confirmed by people in other states. You, on the other hand, just flung a blanket accusation out without any hope of proving it. You should either retract the accusation or prove it. You are not an acceptable moderator. Your little buddy, spliffy is chiming in, just to increase his post-count.
    Again, I will apologize to the boards for allowing trolls (including a troll moderator) to waste so much server space. It will not happen again, as long as the trolls understand that they are not right just because they say they are 5 times. Repeating a lie over and over does not make it true. The trolls need to understand that.
    I have posted several studies this before and offer another here, Study: US COVID cases, deaths far higher than reported

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...igher-reported

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I have posted several studies this before and offer another here, Study: US COVID cases, deaths far higher than reported

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...igher-reported
    ....but that goes against his preconceived, partisan notions. He'd rather go with hearsay and unfounded rumors from the likes of Nurse Jackie, ccugrad, and BDawk.

a) keep clutching on to that oh so mighty anecdotal evidence

b) just because you have issues with both valade and myself, it does not mean we are buddies. In reality, we just both see through your BS. Him and I have argued with each other much more than either of us have ever argued with you

c) I couldn't care less about something as trivial as a post count. Seems to be something weighing on your mind lately for some reason though

d) no one buys your "I'm the bigger man" routine; especially when it comes right after another one of your insult laden tantrums

e) you've done this song and dance of apologizing for "wasting server space" () in the past, only to go back on your word days or weeks later
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 02-14-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Terrorists Storm US Capitol

What would need to happen for you to react to a situation and not say “those damn Democrats?”

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.