Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

GT#8 Utah Jazz (4-3) @ the Mecca w/ Most Divine Knicks (4-3): Can you see the light?

We can all agree the Knicks are better. Just how good are the Knicks? Do you, think the Knicks can, gasp...remain an above .500 team this season?

Are you a believer?

Last night, the Utah Jazz got shellacked by the Brooklyn Mess missing Kevin Durant and Dinwiddle. Donovan Mitchell went off but it didn't matter if Kyrie Irving countered. The Jazz supporting cast didn't put up much and as a result, Brooklyn cruised.

Now, on back to back nights...they face a Knick team who had last night off and coming in with a lot of confidence after back to back wins, against the Pacers and Hawks respectively.

After a few game, the Knicks are starting to resemble a team. Thibs has molded the hierarchy of possessions: 1. Randle 2. RJ Barrett 3. Payton. With the primary ball handlers clear. You have the interchangeable gunners: Bullock, Burks, Quixley.

The Knicks' second unit is very interesting wild card. Austin Rivers keeps the pace going especially in the 3rd where the Knicks are notoriously absent. Knox is allowed to be his own player.

Sadly injuries have shortened the bench:
    Frank Ntilikina: Phantom groin syndrome
    Dennis Smith Jr: Heart transplant
    Old Man Tapas formerly Obie Toppin: Calf transplant

A tighter Knick team has developed chemistry quicker.

Just to be clear:

Tom Thibideau was available, the Knicks went with Mike D'Antoni.

Tom Thibideau was available, the Knicks went with Derek Fisher.

It's nice to have a coach that knows what he's doing. That's all.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 01-06-2021 at 04:41 AM.

Knicks Injury Report for 1/6:

OUT
    Frank Ntilikina
    Obi Toppin

QUESTIONABLE
    Nerlens Noel
    Alec Burks

PROBABLE
    Kevin Knox
    Dennis Smith Jr.
    Omari Spellman

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Knicks Injury Report for 1/6:

OUT
    Frank Ntilikina
    Obi Toppin

QUESTIONABLE
    Nerlens Noel
    Alec Burks

PROBABLE
    Kevin Knox
    Dennis Smith Jr.
    Omari Spellman
    As long as Quick stays off that list, Iím good

ALEC BURKS
    SG, NEW YORK KNICKS

Alec Burks is in a walking boot because of an ankle sprain, and will be re-evaluated in 7-to-10 days.
    Rotoworld

Don't like this game after Utah got trashed last night and Mitchell played only 30 min and all other starters played less than 27, it was extended garbage time, was at least hoping for a tight game, this two games in two days has no advantage not even travling.

I don't think bullocks can stay with Mitchell so a bit concerned there but I think the combo of Quivers will have better success against Conley/Mitchell, and Clarkson has been playing pretty well for them.

Gobert got schooled by Allen on a couple occasions last night hope Mitch has even more.

Have to watch the Bogs, Ingles shooting duo

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Rotoworld
    well that just really stinks, that means he can miss another 6-8 games, damn

Burks is just injury prone, if not he would be a helluva player. despite him being relatively young he's not a guy we can rely on long term.

GT#8 Utah Jazz (4-3) @ the Mecca w/ Most Divine Knicks (4-3): Can you see the light?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Don't like this game after Utah got trashed last night and Mitchell played only 30 min and all other starters played less than 27, it was extended garbage time, was at least hoping for a tight game, this two games in two days has no advantage not even travling.

I don't think bullocks can stay with Mitchell so a bit concerned there but I think the combo of Quivers will have better success against Conley/Mitchell, and Clarkson has been playing pretty well for them.

Gobert got schooled by Allen on a couple occasions last night hope Mitch has even more.

Have to watch the Bogs, Ingles shooting duo
    I wonder how good teams do on back to backs after losing big in the first game. I donít know how to find out but itís an interesting stat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

No Burks means more Bollocks. He really needs to pick it up. Utah is gonna be hungry after being blown out last night.

Bullock is hurt too. We might be screwed tonight.

We'll probably start Knox at SF, and then have Quick, DSJ, Rivers, and Spellman/Noel (depending on if Noel is healthy) off the bench...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    No Burks means more Bollocks. He really needs to pick it up. Utah is gonna be hungry after being blown out last night.
    Rivers playing 33 minutes last game was a lot. I'm curious how Thibs handles DSjr. I think most of us are hoping for DNP-CD. If it was any other coach I'd expect DSjr to play but Thibs really has kept to his rotation so I'm hoping it's just a backcourt of:

Payton-Quickley
    Bullock-Rivers

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

We'll probably start Knox at SF, and then have Quick, DSJ, Rivers, and Spellman/Noel (depending on if Noel is healthy) off the bench...
    Oh wow you are right. Bullock just became questionable in the last 15 minutes.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...knee-soreness/

Good thing we had way too many guards on the roster to start the season.

Kristaps Porzingis

Or we could start Rivers and bring Knox off the bench. That's probably better since Rivers can guard Donovan.

If they get blown out at least guys will get a rest

I donít blame Thibs for playing the guys big mins considering but they probably could use a blow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Or we could start Rivers and bring Knox off the bench. That's probably better since Rivers can guard Donovan.
    I expect Bully to play but Im against Rivers starting. He's too important to the second unit. He's the only guard who can penetrate and get guys open. Quick is ok at that but he's not Rivers. Besides, I'd like to see someone else setting up Quick for some open 3's for a change.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast