Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree a perfect God is worth worshipping. But I don't believe a God is perfect if they do things for arbitrary reasons.
    I agree a God that is arbitrary is not perfect. God does nothing arbitrarily. Our lack of understanding is not God being arbitrary.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Good people do not get to go to Heaven. Heaven is for perfect people only. Either you have to be perfect (impossible to do) or you have to have someone pay the judge for the crimes you commit. We all commit sin. That disqualifies us from perfection. The only way to enter is to have someone pay our price. Jesus did just that.

In non-spiritual terms how many drops of any color of paint changes the paint from white to something else? The answer is just one drop. The gallon is now no longer perfectly white.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Good people do not get to go to Heaven. Heaven is for perfect people only. Either you have to be perfect (impossible to do) or you have to have someone pay the judge for the crimes you commit. We all commit sin. That disqualifies us from perfection. The only way to enter is to have someone pay our price. Jesus did just that.
    Glad thatís all settled. I guess we can close the thread now.

In non-spiritual terms how many drops of anycolor of paint changes the paint from white to something else? The answer is just one drop. The gallon is now no longer perfectly white.
    So thatís just a fancy way of saying that no matter how good you are, if u donít believe in Jesus youíre SOL as far as getting into Heaven goes.

Back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think it would be equally as heartless to deny heaven to genuinely good people simply because they donít believe in him.
    But you have no idea who will be denied what and for what reason. Both mine and sitewolf religion teach us only god can judge anyone, no human can. You're harping on something that is ultimately inconsequential.

That's not to say it's not fair to make that point, but you're asking sitewolf to step into God's shoes, that's an impossible task. No one can judge any one else, it only matters how you look in god's eyes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    So thatís just a fancy way of saying that no matter how good you are, if u donít believe in Jesus youíre SOL as far as getting into Heaven goes.

Back to square one.
    You can be perfect. You can die before what is referred to as the age of accountability. But what you want is a scale and that god is not perfect. You want a way to justify yourself. The creation does not get a vote in the matter.

You can be perfect. You can die before what is referred to as the age of accountability. But what you want is a scale and that god is not perfect. You want a way to justify yourself. The creation does not get a vote in the matter.
    Sounds pretty much like humans find themselves incarcerated in a some kind of zoo, with a whole bucnh of people and groups of people who claim to have the combination to the cages.

Does the perfect person exist? If not, then itís either Hell or Jesus, no?

You can die before what is referred to as the age of accountability. .
    What is this? I thought in christianity we are all born as sinners?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Does the perfect person exist? If not, then itís either Hell or Jesus, no?
    It existed once in Jesus. For those that are of age and are not hindered mentally/physically yes only faith in Christ will allow one to be with God when this life is over.

It existed once in Jesus. For those that are of age and are not hindered mentally/physically yes only faith in Christ will allow one to be with God when this life is over.
    Right. So according to your beliefs, itís Jesus or Hell. But you didnít put it that way at first which was a tad disingenuous. But as long as we understand each other now, weíre good.

Personally, I believe in neither but I like to clarify matters for the record.

I agree a God that is arbitrary is not perfect. God does nothing arbitrarily. Our lack of understanding is not God being arbitrary.
    Would you consider that it is possible that our flaws as human beings also makes it possible for us to be entirely wrong about any claims we make about God?

Would you consider that it is possible that our flaws as human beings also makes it possible for us to be entirely wrong about any claims we make about God?
    ďHumans are hard-wired for survival, not truth.Ē John Gray.
    Last edited by Crovash; 01-20-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Right. So according to your beliefs, itís Jesus or Hell. But you didnít put it that way at first which was a tad disingenuous. But as long as we understand each other now, weíre good.

Personally, I believe in neither but I like to clarify matters for the record.
    Thanks I guess?
    Sorry that you took it that way?

I have seen no evidence to indicate that possibility.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast