Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 1321
  1. #766
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You can always see something after the fact and then look back to “find the clues.” It’s what Nostradamus fans have been doing for centuries. But in this case it was very easy for the authors of the New Testament to tailor their story to the earlier edition. So there’s that.
    No, it was always there. Did you look at Genesis 1:26?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,427
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No, it was always there. Did you look at Genesis 1:26?
    Just read it. Now please make your point.

  3. #768
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Just read it. Now please make your point.
    It was commented earlier that the Trinity is absent in the Old Testament, specifically the Torah. Genesis 1:26 shows it is not absent at all.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,194
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The coming of Jesus is prophecied over and over again in the Old Testament...and given He is God, He always existed.
    Again, check me if I am wrong, but I don’t think the bolded would sit well with a Jew or a Muslim.

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,194
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

    You guys want to keep viewing them as separate entities just because of the different names and that's part of what throws you off.
    I hope you do not include me in “you guys” because I have made a much more complex and substantive case than simply names.

    See above.

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,194
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No, it was always there. Did you look at Genesis 1:26?
    It’s called nosism.

  7. #772
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It’s called nosism.
    It's the Trinity.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,194
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It's the Trinity.
    Says you. I say it’s the royal we (you know: King of Kings; Lord of Lords).

    My evidence is far stronger than yours.

  9. #774
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Says you. I say it’s the royal we (you know: King of Kings; Lord of Lords).

    My evidence is far stronger than yours.
    You have no evidence. It's we, more than one. It's clearly the Trinity. There is no alternative explanation. You wanted to be shown you were incorrect and you have. A simple thanks would be fine.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,427
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It was commented earlier that the Trinity is absent in the Old Testament, specifically the Torah. Genesis 1:26 shows it is not absent at all.
    That’s pure interpretation. Genesis 1:26 literally does not say that at all.

  11. #776
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    That’s pure interpretation. Genesis 1:26 literally does not say that at all.
    Not sure how you miss it.

    "Let us create", only God creates. God is speaking. the us is clear God is referring to the Trinity. You cannot believe it all you want but that's exactly what "us" is.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,427
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Not sure how you miss it.

    "Let us create", only God creates. God is speaking. the us is clear God is referring to the Trinity. You cannot believe it all you want but that's exactly what "us" is.
    lol if you say so. But to my point, nowhere does it say anything about God, his son, and the Holy Spirit being as one, aka the Holy Trinity. The words “Holy Trinity aren’t mentioned, nor are “God,” “Father,” “Son,” or “Holy Spirit.”

    The rest? I guess you get to believe it says anything you want it to.

  13. #778
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    lol if you say so. But to my point, nowhere does it say anything about God, his son, and the Holy Spirit being as one, aka the Holy Trinity. The words “Holy Trinity aren’t mentioned, nor are “God,” “Father,” “Son,” or “Holy Spirit.”

    The rest? I guess you get to believe it says anything you want it to.
    As are you.

    And you can make up whatever you feel like to deny it speaking of the Trinity for as long as you wish.

    The verse starts out ..."Then God says 'Let us...' " Your denial is all on you.
    Last edited by brett05; 07-12-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,194
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You have no evidence. It's we, more than one. It's clearly the Trinity. There is no alternative explanation. You wanted to be shown you were incorrect and you have. A simple thanks would be fine.
    Thanks … for entertaining me.

  15. #780
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Thanks … for entertaining me.
    You asked a question and the answer was provided to you though there are more in the OT. Glad truth entertains you I guess.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •