Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    aww, you 'liked' him on Match...that's nice..
    Never heard of Match. Is that what you use to privately seek out strange men?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Never heard of Match. Is that what you use to privately seek out strange men?
    Maybe Match is a place where ephebophiliacs hang out.

Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Maybe Match is a place where ephebophiliacs hang out.
    guaranteed there's a percentage, certainly...I can only assume
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Jews and Christians worship Yahweh. Muslims worship Allah. Though Muslims say they are the same, they are not.
    Why do you say they are not the same? Who are you to tell an entire religion they’re not worshipping the God they say they are?

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Jews and Christians worship Yahweh. Muslims worship Allah. Though Muslims say they are the same, they are not.
    You need to know that the first son of Abraham, the common patriarch of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, is Ishmael. And Ishmael is the ancestor of Mohammed.

You also need to know that “Allah” is merely the Arabic word for “God.” So it’s safe to say Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the same God but in much different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You need to know that the first son of Abraham, the common patriarch of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, is Ishmael. And Ishmael is the ancestor of Mohammed.

You also need to know that “Allah” is merely the Arabic word for “God.” So it’s safe to say Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the same God but in much different ways.
    Wait. That may be accurate as far as biblical history is concerned, but as I understand it, the God of Christianity allegedly had one offspring, Jesus, who is not only considered divine, he is at one with God (of the same essence).

While they accept Jesus as a rabbi or perhaps a prophet, neither Judaism nor Islam recognize Jesus as God, and he his definitely one of the components of a so-called “Trinitarian God.”

Does that not mean that the Christian God is substantively different from Allah or Yahweh?

Wait. That may be accurate as far as biblical history is concerned, but as I understand it, the God of Christianity allegedly had one offspring, Jesus, who is not only considered divine, he is at one with God (of the same essence).

While they accept Jesus as a rabbi or perhaps a prophet, neither Judaism nor Islam recognize Jesus as God, and he his definitely one of the components of a so-called “Trinitarian God.”

Does that not mean that the Christian God is substantively different from Allah or Yahweh?
    From my understanding Islam and Judaism have different interpretations on the divinity of Christ but worship the same God. I also believe Mormons worship the same God but have different beliefs regarding Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    From my understanding Islam and Judaism have different interpretations on the divinity of Christ but worship the same God. I also believe Mormons worship the same God but have different beliefs regarding Jesus.
    I know this is a religion forum, and things are not always going to stand to reason, but I still don’t get how the Christian God who spawns a human son (who is himself God) can be the same as the Muslim Allah who did not, nor would not, do anything of the sort. These are not mere differences in cultural interpretation. These are theological.

So Abraham is not to be confused with God. He was merely a prophet, the Father of Judaism. And it is his lineage that is relevant here since he received the word from God.

These are not mere differences in cultural interpretation. These are theological.
    I would agree with you.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I know this is a religion forum, and things are not always going to stand to reason, but I still don’t get how the Christian God who spawns a human son (who is himself God) can be the same as the Muslim Allah who did not, nor would not, do anything of the sort. These are not mere differences in cultural interpretation. These are theological.
    Well neither do Jews believe that God spawned a human son who was himself God correct? Are they the same God then?

Well neither do Jews believe that God spawned a human son who was himself God correct? Are they the same God then?
    Right, a primary difference between Judaism, Mormonism, and Islam (and others, for that matter) vs Christianity is in how they view Jesus. Only Christians view him as THE Messiah; Mormons view him as a prophet, but Joseph Smith as the last great prophet. That doesn't necessarily mean they're not all worshiping the same God.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Right, a primary difference between Judaism, Mormonism, and Islam (and others, for that matter) vs Christianity is in how they view Jesus. Only Christians view him as THE Messiah; Mormons view him as a prophet, but Joseph Smith as the last great prophet. That doesn't necessarily mean they're not all worshiping the same God.
    I would say at some point attributing or lack of attributing characteristics of God means you are worshipping a different god.

Kinda like I'm bald, but at what point was I bald.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I would have to say no.

EDIT: Or maybe a god who has evolved (as odd as that sounds for a god).
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-08-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast