Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I have seen no evidence to indicate that possibility.
    It’s probably hard to see evidence when you have blinders on.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    “”All people are sinners” only because sin is a God-made concept, a religious-based concept.

Society makes judgments on what is right or wrong. An arbitrary belief in God, something that cannot be known, decides what is sinful.
    Know anyone that is perfect?
    I'll wait for your list.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Does the perfect person exist? If not, then it’s either Hell or Jesus, no?
    No
    Would NOT believing in Him not be viewed as another piece a person might face judgement on?
    Did the thief Jesus said would be with him in paradise say he believed in Jesus before that?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Did the thief Jesus said would be with him in paradise say he believed in Jesus before that?
    Interesting. Any other details on this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Know anyone that is perfect?
    I'll wait for your list.
    Why would I know anyone who is perfect? What would make you think I would claim to?

Why would I know anyone who is perfect? What would make you think I would claim to?
    you said sinning was a Christian construct....a non-sinner would be perfect

No
    Would NOT believing in Him not be viewed as another piece a person might face judgement on?
    Please clarify what you’re asking me here. I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

you said sinning was a Christian construct....a non-sinner would be perfect
    Ok.

You’re equating “sins” with perceived bad things people might do. But those bad things aren’t “sins.” They’re just bad things. If I commit a crime I haven’t committed a sin. But
    I did commit a crime.

Religious people chose to label and judge this behavior as “sinful.” But they’re doing that on behalf of a God they know nothing about other than their own beliefs of said God.

So no, sin is no more real than God.

Ok.

You’re equating “sins” with perceived bad things people might do. But those bad things aren’t “sins.” They’re just bad things. If I commit a crime I haven’t committed a sin. But
    I did commit a crime.

Religious people chose to label and judge this behavior as “sinful.” But they’re doing that on behalf of a God they know nothing about other than their own beliefs of said God.

So no, sin is no more real than God.
    Seriously? Your response is 'semantics'? smh
    Tomato, Tomahto...say it how you want, it's the same
    And that's what beliefs ARE, yes?
    I don't BELIEVE there are other planets in our solar system, we have proof.
    Personally I BELIEVE there is intelligent life in other solar systems, but it is only my belief.

Please clarify what you’re asking me here. I have no idea what you’re trying to say.
    I wasn't asking you a question, I was suggesting that dying withOUT believing may be another item they face judgement for along with other things they've done in their lives.

The whole thing works so nicely because it is the religious counterpart to a closed system.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The whole thing works so nicely because it is the religious counterpart to a closed system.
    which, from your standpoint, is a bad thing?

Seriously? Your response is 'semantics'? smh
    Tomato, Tomahto...say it how you want, it's the same
    And that's what beliefs ARE, yes?
    I don't BELIEVE there are other planets in our solar system, we have proof.
    Personally I BELIEVE there is intelligent life in other solar systems, but it is only my belief.
    Not semantics at all. A crime is a transgression against humanity and/or society. A sin is a transgression against God.

But consider:

While we can know humanity and society, we cannot know God.

Not semantics at all. A crime is a transgression against humanity and/or society. A sin is a transgression against God.

But consider:

While we can know humanity and society, we cannot know God.
    All crimes are sins, but not all sins are crimes
    It's still semantics- most things religious people view as sins are also transgressions against humanity and/or society.
    Knowing...and following...what we view as NOT being transgressions against humanity and/or society is a lot of what makes one a good person. The missing piece to making one a religious person is the belief in God. That's not to say a good person isn't 'whole', they're just not a religious person. There are good people that aren't religious and there are religious people who aren't good.
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 01-22-2021 at 07:52 AM.

All crimes are sins, but not all sins are crimes
    It's still semantics- most things religious people view as sins are also transgressions against humanity and/or society.
    Knowing...and following...what we view as NOT being transgressions against humanity and/or society is a lot of what makes one a good person. The missing piece to making one a religious person is the belief in God. That's not to say a good person isn't 'whole', they're just not a religious person. There are good people that aren't religious and there are religious people who aren't good.
    Hypothetical: If, and admittedly, this is a BIG IF, but IF there were no God, would there be any such thing as sin?

Just for the sake of this argument, let’s assume in this thought experiment that there was no God. Would there be any such thing as sin?

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast