Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that's just it....we KNOW it's our common ground, yet you're insisting on arguing semantics and being 'right' about your view of those semantics........call it what you want, but please stop pounding for ME to call it what you want...it's still semantics because you expect that evidence to be hard facts and info while that's not my perception of evidence

I don't come here to argue semantics, yet suddenly that's basically what I'm doing in like 3 threads here, and I just have no interest. In those threads I've been called wrong and hypocritical just because posters are either misinterpreting what I said or reading between lines that I mean something other than what I've said. When it's no longer entertaining to have discussions here, why continue?
    From one hard headed atheist to one hard headed theist, all I will say is fair enough my good man. Look forward to more discussions.

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Never mind.
    lol. This is as far as it's gonna go.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Lol, yes. Please read what you wrote.

“The available body of facts or information….”

That’s what we’re talking about. What is your “available body of facts and information” to support your belief that God is all around you?

Answer: It’s what you believe. See the problem now? Do you understand now when I say you are basing your beliefs on your beliefs?

FYI: I never discuss this with my GF. It’s one reason why she’s still my GF.
    I think you know this already. She's your GF because she doesn't follow her beliefs. If she did, you'd not be her BF.

Or her beliefs aren't Christian in which case, her belief system makes room for you.
    Last edited by brett05; 07-26-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That’s a good question. I’d say when those who believe state they are talking about a different God, or that there is no connection in either their scriptures or doctrine connecting the two. The Quran clearly mentions Psalms and the Gospel.

In fact, religious scholars refer to these as the Abrahamic religions precisely because they all purport to believe in the same God from the Old Testament.
    I would still say at some point folks are worshipping a different God.

(delete post, i edited my original)

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I think you know this already. She's your GF because she doesn't follow her beliefs. If she did, you'd not be her BF.

Or her beliefs aren't Christian in which case, her belief system makes room for you.
    Wow.

She'd take a HUGE exception to your comment. She's very true to her beliefs. Wondering why you think people who are together have to agree on everything?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Wow.

She'd take a HUGE exception to your comment. She's very true to her beliefs. Wondering why you think people who are together have to agree on everything?
    I am guessing on your comment that neither of you are familiar with this passage:

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 ESV
    Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”

brett, this is 2021 and societal norms still allow for strong Christians to do things the Bible may frown on some...or a lot....that doesn't mean his g/f isn't devout....eternal optimist who has hopes of eventually changing his mind, maybe...

Every last one of us, Christian or not, do things at least sometimes we know isn't quite right. As Christians, we just know and expect to answer for those later. I mean you can use a line I use sometimes like 'there's Christians and non-Christians in every weekly church service' but that doesn't mean she's one of the nons.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

brett, this is 2021 and societal norms still allow for strong Christians to do things the Bible may frown on some...or a lot....that doesn't mean his g/f isn't devout....eternal optimist who has hopes of eventually changing his mind, maybe...

Every last one of us, Christian or not, do things at least sometimes we know isn't quite right. As Christians, we just know and expect to answer for those later. I mean you can use a line I use sometimes like 'there's Christians and non-Christians in every weekly church service' but that doesn't mean she's one of the nons.
    No doubt I don't know. Totally agree. Only God knows.

But I think you'd agree her fruit, that we only get fanofclendennon, says non christian. You can't be an avid unrepented sinner and be a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I am guessing on your comment that neither of you are familiar with this passage:

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 ESV
    Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”
    This is very interesting. Without being a Biblical scholar, I am almost certain I can find a passage that will support her staying with me.

But I’ll leave that to you guys.

This is very interesting. Without being a Biblical scholar, I am almost certain I can find a passage that will support her staying with me.

But I’ll leave that to you guys.
    I'd be happy to read that if you ever come across one.

1 Corinthians 7:12
    To the rest I say that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband.

1 Corinthians 7:12
    To the rest I say that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband.
    Bam!

Bam!
    of course that doesn't mean you can think 'well, I'm covered either way'

Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast