Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Bible verses like 2 Corinthians 5:17 are a reason...which says if any man be in Christ, he is a new man and old things have passed away. Or Matthew where Jesus is quoted to say He didn't. come to abolish Moses' law but to accomplish their purpose. For example, Old Testament law called for animal sacrifices, but Jesus' death and resurrection eliminated that.
    Ok. So it’s a matter of interpretation. If you wanted, you could use that criteria to also do away with The Ten Commandments.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    So let me ask. Is the Christian God the same entity as Allah or YHWH?
    I'll answer it this way. The Jewish and Muslim people have many misunderstandings about God.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ok. So it’s a matter of interpretation. If you wanted, you could use that criteria to also do away with The Ten Commandments.
    Those are repeated in the NT.

There are three laws. The Moral, The Ceremonial, The Civil. The Ceremonial was completed by Jesus. The Civil was for the Israelites. The Moral Law is the one that is for all believers Old Covenant and New Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'll answer it this way. The Jewish and Muslim people have many misunderstandings about God.
    For the record, there are many Christians and non-believers that have many misunderstandings as well.

Lol, according you and people who think like you.

This is how these discussions devolve. We can’t go forward when people assert that they are right and everybody else is wrong when it comes to matters of faith.

It would be much more productive if you stuck with “This is what I believe to be true about God. It is impossible for anyone to KNOW.”

Otherwise I put my atheist hat back on and point out that you’re all FOS when it comes to what you’re convinced you know about God.

Oy.

I’m guessing that the divinity of Jesus and his mission is among them.

Those are repeated in the NT.

There are three laws. The Moral, The Ceremonial, The Civil. The Ceremonial was completed by Jesus. The Civil was for the Israelites. The Moral Law is the one that is for all believers Old Covenant and New Covenant.
    Good response. Thank you.

Lol, according you and people who think like you.

This is how these discussions devolve. We can’t go forward when people assert that they are right and everybody else is wrong when it comes to matters of faith.

It would be much more productive if you stuck with “This is what I believe to be true about God. It is impossible for anyone to KNOW.”

Otherwise I put my atheist hat back on and point out that you’re all FOS when it comes to what you’re convinced you know about God.

Oy.
    So, do you think therefore that my initial question is moot? I am beginning to think so myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I’m guessing that the divinity of Jesus and his mission is among them.
    Absolutely.

Good response. Thank you.
    You're welcome.

As for your response before, if you are looking for "we are all the same", than you are right, I can't join in on that belief. No doubt that Christianity has a faith component but it's far from blind and for myself and many others it's as certain as when any of us sit in a chair that it's not going to collapse.

You're welcome.

As for your response before, if you are looking for "we are all the same", than you are right, I can't join in on that belief. No doubt that Christianity has a faith component but it's far from blind and for myself and many others it's as certain as when any of us sit in a chair that it's not going to collapse.
    The Big Three worship the same God. Worshippers just believe different things about this God. Who’s right and who’s wrong? It all depends on who you ask. After all, it’s all about faith, right?

You're welcome.

So there are two theoretical discussions: Is there a God? And if there is a God how can you be certain you are worshiping Him (or Her or It) the right way?

As an atheist, the first one I’d rather not get into. I find it boring, hackneyed, cliched, and overdone. The second one I find more fascinating though. With all the many different types of religions and no way to empirically verify God, how can anyone be sure theirs is the one true belief?

So there are two theoretical discussions: Is there a God? And if there is a God how can you be certain you are worshiping Him (or Her or It) the right way?

As an atheist, the first one I’d rather not get into. I find it boring, hackneyed, cliched, and overdone. The second one I find more fascinating though. With all the many different types of religions and no way to empirically verify God, how can anyone be sure theirs is the one true belief?
    Imo, the first one is worth answering. The second isn't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think so too.

At the end of the day I believe my maker is just. So there are a lot of details I dont necessarily get hung up on. Whatever my.punishment is, I believe it will be just.
    I agree that if there is a God, I'd like to believe they are just. I just have a hard time seeing God being just based on his actions in the Old Testament.

A good god is not worth worshiping. It means someone could be better. A perfect God is worth worshiping.
    I agree a perfect God is worth worshipping. But I don't believe a God is perfect if they do things for arbitrary reasons.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast