Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I was raised as a christian. We were taught that it was the same god as judaism, but that jews just don't believe in the new testament/Jesus is son of god.
    I can confirm.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 01-09-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I wonder if that should include Ahura Mazda, Waheguru, Jah, Bondye, HU, and possibly Tenri-O-no-Mikoto.
    Yes, definitely. Islam teaches us that over 100,000 messengers have been sent to man. I believe all these religions came about thru messengers of god.

In islam it mentions Jews and Christian's and Sabians (the third major monotheistic religion of the time) all as believers of god. We refer to all monitheists as belivers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, definitely. Islam teaches us that over 100,000 messengers have been sent to man. I believe all these religions came about thru messengers of god.

In islam it mentions Jews and Christian's and Sabians (the third major monotheistic religion of the time) all as believers of god. We refer to all monitheists as belivers.
    But in the Islamic tradition, none of these messengers were actually god, and Muhammed was the last one, correct?

Is that last as in the most recent or as in there won’t be any more?

I was raised as a christian. We were taught that it was the same god as judaism, but that jews just don't believe in the new testament/Jesus is son of god.
    You were taught correctly, son.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I can confirm.
    Wait a minute. Are you telling me you're a Tribesman, not a Christian?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

But in the Islamic tradition, none of these messengers were actually god, and Muhammed was the last one, correct?

Is that last as in the most recent or as in there won’t be any more?
    Last as in no more. We dont believe any messenger was actually god.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Last as in no more. We dont believe any messenger was actually god.

Do you find it strange that god would send that many messengers up to that time, but sent zero in the last 1300 years? Or is that explained in texts?

Do you find it strange that god would send that many messengers up to that time, but sent zero in the last 1300 years? Or is that explained in texts?
    We believe God's messengers all come to us with miracles. Moses parted the sea, amongst other things, jesus could heal and give vision to the blind, amongst other things. Prophet Muhammad didnt have any such miracles, but we consider his miracle to be the quran. This text will be unchanged until the end of time, this is promised to us by god in the quran.

We dont believe any other text has been preserved fully (although Jews disagree), but the quran has, and so there is no need for more texts to come to us.

It is my understanding that all of Judaism, Islam, Christianity, and even Mormonism all believe in the same God but obviously believe in different details beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is my understanding that all of Judaism, Islam, Christianity, and even Mormonism all believe in the same God but obviously believe in different details beyond that.
    The devil is in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    We all believe in single supreme creator. We have similarities in our beliefs and differences in our beliefs. However this is true not only between religions but also within religions.

Attempting to play the role of God and passing judgement on other people is a pointless and fruitless endeavor. We are limited in our understanding, we can never internally judge other people with any accuracy.

Us muslims believe that there is a particular path to god. This path is not exclusive to any one religion, any human can walk this path via his actions. We believe that us muslims have the best source to teach us this path, but that is not a guarantee that every muslim will walk it more closely than every non muslim.

So, you agree that there is a shared objective reality (a supreme creator) and at the same time only subjective paths to interacting with that being.

I’m not saying that’s bad or wrong, just hard to understand for those of us for who experience no such path.

So, you agree that there is a shared objective reality (a supreme creator) and at the same time only subjective paths to interacting with that being.

I’m not saying that’s bad or wrong, just hard to understand for those of us for who experience no such path.
    It's more like a shared concept. Kkinda how democracy is world wide, but Republicans are only in america. Democracy is the shared concept, while the actual political parties differ.

Anyone can interact with their maker in any way they choose.

It's more like a shared concept. Kkinda how democracy is world wide, but Republicans are only in america. Democracy is the shared concept, while the actual political parties differ.
    A god — a supreme being — is more than a concept, no?

concept (noun)

1 : something conceived in the mind : THOUGHT, NOTION
    2 : an abstract or generic idea generalized from particular instances (the concept of gravity)

Anyone can interact with their maker in any way they choose.
    Sure. I had many and varied interactions with my makers.

A god — a supreme being — is more than a concept, no?

concept (noun)

1 : something conceived in the mind : THOUGHT, NOTION
    2 : an abstract or generic idea generalized from particular instances (the concept of gravity)

Sure. I had many and varied interactions with my makers.
    God is a concept. God is supernatural, beyond the time and space limits of the human mind. We can only conceptualize this.

Once you understand this then you'll appreciate the comedic value behind people asking one to physically demonstrate god.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast