Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You’d figure if God wanted to make it unambiguous he would have just said “abortion is wrong” in the Bible directly.
    Apparently, only the (self-appointed) insiders are able properly to explicate the good book.

You’d figure if God wanted to make it unambiguous he would have just said “abortion is wrong” in the Bible directly.
    Nah. He’d have to omniscient to do that. Oh, wait….

It does. Murder is wrong. For those wishing their best to deny God, they'll do anything.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Nah. He’d have to omniscient to do that. Oh, wait….
    Thanks for posting about your God Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It does. Murder is wrong. For those wishing their best to deny God, they'll do anything.
    That must be one of those "do as I say, not as I do" kind of things, given god's body count in the Bible.

Of course, there is also that whole Ordeal of the Bitter Waters thing, where the only time we see abortion in the Bible it's caused by god himself for becoming pregnant through adultery. So it's not like they just didn't talk about it at all.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Thanks for posting about your God Complex.
    Projecting I see. Unlike you, I don’t attempt to speak for the Almighty, assuming of course He even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Of course, there is also that whole Ordeal of the Bitter Waters thing, where the only time we see abortion in the Bible it's caused by god himself for becoming pregnant through adultery. So it's not like they just didn't talk about it at all.
    I think there is also a fairly explicit account of His impregnating a woman without her consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I think there is also a fairly explicit account of His impregnating a woman without her consent.
    Yeah, but rape is not only something that's allowed in the bible, in some cases it's blatantly encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah, but rape is not only something that's allowed in the bible, in some cases it's blatantly encouraged.
    In New York in the 70s, we famously had a weatherman who began his report following a story on rape by saying "When rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it." He was fired shortly afterward. Pretty sure he never worked in TV again.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Projecting I see. Unlike you, I don’t attempt to speak for the Almighty, assuming of course He even exists.
    The times I speak for God that differs from His Word, I am indeed sinning.

Not when it comes to this topic.

Luke 1:38

Again, the non-believer fights hard and often illegally when trying to deny God's rightful position.

Fair enough — though interestingly Matthew’s account is much vaguer and Mark and John say nothing of this — but then again, we are tilting at windmills aren’t we, since the whole thing is utterly fantastic?

The times I speak for God that differs from His Word, I am indeed sinning.
    Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now I'm found was blind but now I see....
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Fair enough — though interestingly Matthew’s account is much vaguer and Mark and John say nothing of this — but then again, we are tilting at windmills aren’t we, since the whole thing is utterly fantastic?
    No charge for this one either:
    All four of the gospels had their own purposes.

Again, the non-believer fights hard and often illegally when trying to deny God's rightful position.
    As a non believer, I'd prefer to express this in my own words:

We fight hard and often to explain that God's position -- assuming there even is one -- cannot be known. What can be known are the words in a book known as the Bible. There is no known credible evidence linking the words of this book to the supernatural phenomenon generally referred to as "God."

Thank you.

Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast