Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1321
  1. #991
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,580
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Iím not twisting anything, when have your ever heard someone say pro-choice in regards to the death penalty? Thatís you trying to extend pro-choice to a meaning itís never had before, specifically pro-life.

    I get the idea of both sides being amenable or hypocritical about ending a life. But it comes down to the philosophical difference of when a life begins that has been debated as Nausuem.

    But again, if the commandment is Thou Shalt Not Kill, how can someone be for the death penalty?
    but see, we both have justifications for our stances....and we're never going to agree on them
    when life begins isn't the only thing that's been debated ad nauseum
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #992
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,029
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    but see, we both have justifications for our stances....and we're never going to agree on them
    when life begins isn't the only thing that's been debated ad nauseum
    True, but I can see your POV and how your beliefs on abortion are a natural and logical extension of that premise.

  3. #993
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Not really. They all had the exact same purpose.
    That you believe that is not surprising at all. I'm still awaiting for you to be correct in this area. That wait continues.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #994
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,469
    Shall not kill is not never take a life. It's to never take an innocent life.

    No worries about missing that unless of course one is purposely intellectually dishonest.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,284
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Shall not kill is not never take a life. It's to never take an innocent life.

    No worries about missing that unless of course one is purposely intellectually dishonest.
    But the commandment doesnít say ďThou shall never take an innocent life.Ē It just says ďThou shall not kill.Ē

    God should have hired you as his editor. But since he didnít we have to go with his words. Not yours.

    Iím thinking you just sinned by speaking for God again, didnít you? Oopsies.

  6. #996
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    But the commandment doesnít say ďThou shall never take an innocent life.Ē It just says ďThou shall not kill.Ē

    God should have hired you as his editor. But since he didnít we have to go with his words. Not yours.

    Iím thinking you just sinned by speaking for God again, didnít you? Oopsies.
    Your ignorance on reading is truly outstanding. How you pick tiny phrases and come up with dogma upon it. Please tell me you are a ditch digger in real life. Could be quite scary for society if not.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,284
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Your ignorance on reading is truly outstanding. How you pick tiny phrases and come up with dogma upon it. Please tell me you are a ditch digger in real life. Could be quite scary for society if not.
    Why do you insult ditch diggers like that? Are they not capable of critical thinking?

    God handed Moses the law when he sent him the 10 Commandments on two tablets that he gave him at Mount Sinai.

    Did he not?

    He could very easily have written ďThou shall never take an innocent life.Ē But he did not. Why? I donít know. But a good guess is that MAYBE HE DIDNT WANT HUMAN BEINGS TO MAKE DECISIONS ON WHO SHOULD DIE.

  8. #998
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Why do you insult ditch diggers like that? Are they not capable of critical thinking?

    God handed Moses the law when he sent him the 10 Commandments on two tablets that he gave him at Mount Sinai.

    Did he not?

    He could very easily have written ďThou shall never take an innocent life.Ē But he did not. Why? I donít know. But a good guess is that MAYBE HE DIDNT WANT HUMAN BEINGS TO MAKE DECISIONS ON WHO SHOULD DIE.

    Again you keep wanting to make dogma on a phrase instead of the Counsel of God. Stop doing that.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,284
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Again you keep wanting to make dogma on a phrase instead of the Counsel of God. Stop doing that.
    The Counsel of God is not The Bible, is it?

    Stop doing that.

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The Counsel of God is not The Bible, is it?

    Stop doing that.
    Please, just either stop trolling or seriously take a course or two on how language works.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,284
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Please, just either stop trolling or seriously take a course or two on how language works.
    Iím not trolling. I seriously donít get why you keep telling me the inerrant word of God needs a study guide. I get how language works, So do you. Thatís why thereís a Council of God. Itís also why there are many different ways to interpret the Bible other than how the Council chooses to do so.

    Language.

    Itís why as a non believer I base my points on the literal words of the Bible. Itís also why you keep going to a secondary source to back up your assertions.

    Many apologies, though, and this oneís on me. Weíve covered this already. I know where u stand. You know where I am. Mea culpa.

    Letís move on.

    Best,

    FoC

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Iím not trolling. I seriously donít get why you keep telling me the inerrant word of God needs a study guide. I get how language works, So do you. Thatís why thereís a Council of God. Itís also why there are many different ways to interpret the Bible other than how the Council chooses to do so.

    Language.

    Itís why as a non believer I base my points on the literal words of the Bible. Itís also why you keep going to a secondary source to back up your assertions.

    Many apologies, though, and this oneís on me. Weíve covered this already. I know where u stand. You know where I am. Mea culpa.

    Letís move on.

    Best,

    FoC
    Why you keep taking everything within the Bible is on you. That's your issue. Not sure why you even call it the Bible since the word Bible is not in there.

    When you get a better understanding of language you'll make more strides into understanding the Bible.

    You want your name mentioned in the Bible and that just isn't going to happen. God shall not be mocked.

    But sure, we can move on.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,029
    Thou Shalt Not Kill

    And

    Thou Shalt Not Take An Innocent Life

    Are different. From what I remember thereís other passages in the Bible that further clarify it means donít take an innocent life. But it would have been a lot easier if the commandment had been that from the beginning instead of relying on the clarification.

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Thou Shalt Not Kill

    And

    Thou Shalt Not Take An Innocent Life

    Are different. From what I remember thereís other passages in the Bible that further clarify it means donít take an innocent life. But it would have been a lot easier if the commandment had been that from the beginning instead of relying on the clarification.
    It is very easy. You've chosen to make it difficult
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,284
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It is very easy. You've chosen to make it difficult
    I'm sure it's very easy for someone who believes. You have to understand how difficult it is for someone who does not. I get it. It all makes sense to you.

    It doesn't to us. It's why we're skeptics.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •