Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1321
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If someone is pro-choice, how can they also be against the death penalty?
    Ah, well Iíd say because pro-choice is a slogan that pertains to a very specific procedure, it is not an absolute like the 10 commandments.

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,596
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Ah, well Iíd say because pro-choice is a slogan that pertains to a very specific procedure, it is not an absolute like the 10 commandments.
    if you're not a believer, you can't use the ten commandments as reasoning

    both procedures end a life- one innocent, one not
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,937
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    All four of the gospels had their own purposes.
    Not really. They all had the exact same purpose.

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    if you're not a believer, you can't use the ten commandments as reasoning

    both procedures end a life- one innocent, one not
    Iím not trying to, believers are. What Iím saying is pro-choice is a slogan specific to the abortion debate, itís not an absolutist ideology that must be applied to everything.

    Acting like a slogan must be literally adhered to is as asinine as claiming those who believe MAGA donít think the US is great because it says make America great again or that BLM means they donít think other races matter because it says Black.

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,596
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Iím not trying to, believers are. What Iím saying is pro-choice is a slogan specific to the abortion debate, itís not an absolutist ideology that must be applied to everything.

    Acting like a slogan must be literally adhered to is as asinine as claiming those who believe MAGA donít think the US is great because it says make America great again or that BLM means they donít think other races matter because it says Black.
    but we weren't talking specifically the slogan of pro-choice, we were talking about abortions- where, again, an innocent life is taken...your 2nd paragraph serves no purpose because none of that was being debated
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If someone is pro-choice, how can they also be against the death penalty?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    but we weren't talking specifically the slogan of pro-choice, we were talking about abortions- where, again, an innocent life is taken...your 2nd paragraph serves no purpose because none of that was being debated
    No, you were saying if someone is pro-choice on abortion how come they arenít pro-choice on the death penalty. Iím pointing out because pro-choice is a slogan for abortion and youíre trying to extend it to some rigid philosophy on things such as the death penalty.

    The second paragraphís relevance is to point out that in the same way MAGA as a slogan doesnít dictate whether that individual thinks American is currently great, so too does the abortion ďpro-choiceĒ slogan not extend to dictating someoneís feelings on the death penalty.

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,294
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We've already had our discussion relating to evidence. You wouldn't accept that either.

    My point really is...why keep asking for proof when you won't accept anything we say anyway?
    But guess what, the same is true in reverse, too.

    I'm sure if you try hard enough you, too, will spot the flaws in your logic.
    Why? Context. I wasnít asking for proof until Brett compared not believing in the Bible as Godís word to not believing jumping in front of a speeding bus will kill you. We know there is evidence the latter will kill you but there is no evidence of the former.

    Thatís when you jumped in and asked if I could prove inaccuracy.

    Ouch.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 08-02-2021 at 09:23 PM.

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Regarding evidence, the one question Iíd ask is: would you accept the evidence you have for God for any other subject?

    Like if I told you to believe in something and the only proof I had was the same proof one has of Godís existence, would you believe?

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,596
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Why? Context. I wasnít asking for proof until Brett compared not believing in the Bible as Godís word to not believing jumping in front of a speeding bus will kill you. We know there is evidence the latter will kill you but there is no evidence of the former.

    Thatís when you jumped in and asked if I could prove inaccuracy.

    Ouch.
    My post regarding accuracy wasn't even in response to you, my man.... it was in response to natepro inferring the gospels were inaccurate.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,596
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Regarding evidence, the one question Iíd ask is: would you accept the evidence you have for God for any other subject?

    Like if I told you to believe in something and the only proof I had was the same proof one has of Godís existence, would you believe?
    would you like to reread that and actually think it through again?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    would you like to reread that and actually think it through again?
    I did thanks. Now if I told you there was a 170 ft pink Bunny that would hop between planets and the only proof I had was the same proof we have of Godís existence, would you believe in the giant bunny?

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,596
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, you were saying if someone is pro-choice on abortion how come they arenít pro-choice on the death penalty. Iím pointing out because pro-choice is a slogan for abortion and youíre trying to extend it to some rigid philosophy on things such as the death penalty.

    The second paragraphís relevance is to point out that in the same way MAGA as a slogan doesnít dictate whether that individual thinks American is currently great, so too does the abortion ďpro-choiceĒ slogan not extend to dictating someoneís feelings on the death penalty.
    once again, you're twisting something to benefit your argument....you're using the phrase pro-choice and trying to extend it to a meaning it's never had while I was talking specifically about 'both sides' being amenable to ending a life in one situation but not the other...but that one side is against the innocent life being taken
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,596
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I did thanks. Now if I told you there was a 170 ft pink Bunny that would hop between planets and the only proof I had was the same proof we have of Godís existence, would you believe in the giant bunny?
    You do realize just how much of a mock that is of my life-long deep personal beliefs, right?

    Once again you guys prove that, despite sometimes saying you just sincerely want to understand and, I believe, often meaning exactly that.....in the end, you're really more interested in continuing these discussions, not to learn or understand, but to look for ways to pick what we say apart.

    My beliefs are strong and will not be swayed by you or anyone else- pick at it as you will.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    once again, you're twisting something to benefit your argument....you're using the phrase pro-choice and trying to extend it to a meaning it's never had while I was talking specifically about 'both sides' being amenable to ending a life in one situation but not the other...but that one side is against the innocent life being taken
    Iím not twisting anything, when have you ever heard someone say pro-choice in regards to the death penalty? Thatís you trying to extend pro-choice to a meaning itís never had before, specifically the death penalty.

    I get the idea of both sides being amenable or hypocritical about ending a life. But it comes down to the philosophical difference of when a life begins that has been debated as Nausuem.

    But again, if the commandment is Thou Shalt Not Kill, how can someone be for the death penalty?
    Last edited by valade16; 08-02-2021 at 09:49 PM.

  15. #990
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You do realize just how much of a mock that is of my life-long deep personal beliefs, right?

    Once again you guys prove that, despite sometimes saying you just sincerely want to understand and, I believe, often meaning exactly that.....in the end, you're really more interested in continuing these discussions, not to learn or understand, but to look for ways to pick what we say apart.

    My beliefs are strong and will not be swayed by you or anyone else- pick at it as you will.
    Dude, you literally mocked my post and then get pissy when I respond in the same tone. If you had wanted to have an actual conversation how about you donít respond flippantly to begin with? Answer: because itís you whose not interested in having an actual conversation.

    I believe your belief is strong. But your skin is thin.

Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •