Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No charge for this one either:
    All four of the gospels had their own purposes.
    And accuracy was apparently not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Show any that have not been explained/disproven. I'll keep enjoying air while I wait.

Again non-believers are so desperate to disprove something they claim to not believe in.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    As a non believer, I'd prefer to express this in my own words:

We fight hard and often to explain that God's position -- assuming there even is one -- cannot be known. What can be known are the words in a book known as the Bible. There is no known credible evidence linking the words of this book to the supernatural phenomenon generally referred to as "God."

Thank you.
    The evidence is overwhelming to millions and millions. Just because you don't believe the speeding bus will kill you when you step in front of it doesn't change reality. You can deny the evidence it does not invalidate it.

The evidence is overwhelming to millions and millions. Just because you don't believe the speeding bus will kill you when you step in front of it doesn't change reality. You can deny the evidence it does not invalidate it.
    Millions and millions you say. But just one will do. One piece of credible evidence linking "God" to the Bible.

Go....

EDIT: Read too quickly what you wrote. Never mind. Millions and millions referred to the numbers of believers, not the pieces of evidence.

We shall leave it at that other than to say there is unequivocal evidence a speeding bus may kill me.

Evidence for a God not so much. But like you point out, reasonable people can disagree.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 08-02-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Millions and millions you say. But just one will do. One piece of credible evidence linking "God" to the Bible.

Go....

EDIT: Read too quickly what you wrote. Never mind. Millions and millions referred to the numbers of believers, not the pieces of evidence.

We shall leave it at that other than to say there is unequivocal evidence a speeding bus may kill me.

Evidence for a God not so much. But like you point out, reasonable people can disagree.
    And you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is and I will fight for your right to that opinion.

And you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is and I will fight for your right to that opinion.
    What I said wasn’t wrong. It is very easy to demonstrate that a person will be killed jumping in front of a speeding bus.

I’m still waiting for you to demonstrate the link between God and what is written in the Bible. Pointing out the numbers of believers demonstrates nothing.

But as Harry Chapin sang, “All my life’s a circle….”

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You’d figure if God wanted to make it unambiguous he would have just said “abortion is wrong” in the Bible directly.
    I guess "Thou shalt not kill" isn't direct enough.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

What I said wasn’t wrong. It is very easy to demonstrate that a person will be killed jumping in front of a speeding bus.

I’m still waiting for you to demonstrate the link between God and what is written in the Bible. Pointing out the numbers of believers demonstrates nothing.

But as Harry Chapin sang, “All my life’s a circle….”
    you're NEVER going to agree with whatever link he could show you, so why even ask?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    you guys keep asking for proof......so, what proof do you have they are NOT accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I guess "Thou shalt not kill" isn't direct enough.
    Well it’s been pointed out, there are many examples of God himself killing, as well as many examples of Christians believing killing someone is justified.

Though this does make me wonder, if that is an absolute, shouldn’t every Christian be against the death penalty?

you guys keep asking for proof......so, what proof do you have they are NOT accurate?
    Hold up.

You’re asking me if I can prove that the Bible is NOT the accurate words of someone you have yet to prove even exists?

Wow.

I’m sure if u try hard enough you’ll spot the flaws in tour logic

Hold up.

You’re asking me if I can prove that the Bible is NOT the accurate words of someone you have yet to prove even exists?

Wow.

I’m sure if u try hard enough you’ll spot the flaws in tour logic
    We've already had our discussion relating to evidence. You wouldn't accept that either.

My point really is...why keep asking for proof when you won't accept anything we say anyway?
    But guess what, the same is true in reverse, too.

I'm sure if you try hard enough you, too, will spot the flaws in your logic.

Well it’s been pointed out, there are many examples of God himself killing, as well as many examples of Christians believing killing someone is justified.

Though this does make me wonder, if that is an absolute, shouldn’t every Christian be against the death penalty?
    I could ask the same in reverse, yes?

And we've been over this terrain before, these Old Testament vs New Testament differences. I don't have the energy to repeat it all.

I could ask the same in reverse, yes?

And we've been over this terrain before, these Old Testament vs New Testament differences. I don't have the energy to repeat it all.
    What could you ask the same in reverse?

What could you ask the same in reverse?
    If someone is pro-choice, how can they also be against the death penalty?

Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast