Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1425
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Just cause someone can "throw" a football doesn't mean they can make every throw. Like I said placement, anticipation matter a crap ton and if people can't differentiate that then I don't know how else I can word it.

Hurts thus far has shown he can hit the guy up to 15 ish yards nicely. He also showed just like Wentz did that when he has a possession, sure handed receiver in Alshon he looked good. Watch the Saints game and see the amount of times he relied on Alshon making difficult catches and Alshon came through.

When Wentz had his big year, we were the top 3rd down team I believe and that's cause he had 2 really reliable guys in Ertz and Jeffrey then Torrey and Nelson as the speedy type guys.

Our offense hasn't had that that last 2 seasons much because Jeffrey has been hurt and Ertz decided to be a baby.

Also Hurts does not have Wilson like accuracy or level of QBing yet. Dak is actually good right now but Tyrod Taylor is more accurate for him.
    This is the type of delusion that people set themselves up with and then get let down and get upset.

Just keep the expectations low and let's get excited and hope he becomes his own guy
    I was not saying that he is Wilson or Dak, I was saying his ceiling is Wilson. He still has a ton to go before he even gets to Dak level. My point of view is if we get him a guy like Chase in the draft, that will take care of those tough catches. With Reagor's speed thrown in and some good-great hands by Fulgham if he keeps it up, you're really stacked with weapons for him. Throw in Sanders and Dallas and you're looking at a great potential for a high scoring offense if the OL can stay healthy and keep Hurts clean. Not to mention you have the added dynamic of his running/escapability.

Defense will be a concern...We're going to lose some big names there. I'm hoping our scheme is better than the "bend without breaking" mentality Jim had. It almost felt like it was too safe and still let up big plays. It was annoying....lol

Welp, Tyrell Williams is off the market.

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    Welp, Tyrell Williams is off the market.
    None of these low cost receivers will move the needle. I hope they don't sign any of them.

Michael Silver is reporting that 'several teams' are showing strong interest in Zach Ertz and that a trade could possibly happen in the coming days.

I hope we can get a 3rd

Probably get a pick next year, that's my confidence level in Howie

I read Lurie is instructing the team to build around Jalen Hurts this year. I'm not opposed to the idea, I just would like that to be a decision that's made without it leaking to the media that our owner is involving himself. Best teams typically have owners that you don't hear much about

Read Ertz might only fetch a 5th round pick at best and now another report saying eagles have discussed possibly trading Brandon Brooks? WTF is happening with the eagles? Slowly we are turning into a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Read Ertz might only fetch a 5th round pick at best and now another report saying eagles have discussed possibly trading Brandon Brooks? WTF is happening with the eagles? Slowly we are turning into a joke.
    The Ertz one doesn't overly shock me, right now the Eagles are in a hard spot which hurts our chances of leveraging the situation. Ertz is coming off an injury filled season and wants to make Kittle/Kelce money. Unfortunately we're in a spot where we keep selling at the bottom

I hope we don't trade Brooks. :/

Are the restructures up to date on like spotrac/otc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I hope we don't trade Brooks. :/
    Only if we get very good value for him should he be traded. It would make us yonger but he is a stud prior to the injury

The Eagles are gonna steal "Trust the Process" after this offseason is over...

Let the NFL tanking season commence!!!

I don't understand the Brandon Brooks trade talk....who's more of a injury problem - Lane Johnson or Brandon Brooks. Their injury history won't get them high pick compensation....

If Lurie is so insistent on building around Hurts why are you unloading Brooks? You need the best OL you can put out on that field week in and week out...

Iíll be pissed if the eagles trade Brandon brooks. If anything, trade lane. Guy has been caught on the juice like 3 times, plus heís always hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I read Lurie is instructing the team to build around Jalen Hurts this year. I'm not opposed to the idea, I just would like that to be a decision that's made without it leaking to the media that our owner is involving himself. Best teams typically have owners that you don't hear much about
    Couple things I think of when I see this.

1. I hope the eagles go this direction

2. I hope this doesnít mean that Lurie tells the team who the players will be. This might actually be the most logical reason for why the eagles are complete **** with drafting. Owners arenít good scouts. We donít want and donít need a jerry Jones light.

3. This might be a smokescreen. If the eagles really do want a QB, they will not want other teams to know that they are targeting one in the 1st so the logical thing to do is to say how much they are committed to Jalen hurts. If other teams are aware the eagles are in on QBs, then those teams will want to jump the eagles to get their guy leaving the eagles with their dick in their hands.

Or other teams knowing that the Eagles are NOT looking at the QBs could make that #6 pick very enticing to a team looking for a new QB....DEN, SF, NE, possibly CAR...trading down slightly while picking up more draft capital in the process....

Lurie must get bored during the draft - that's why he pokes his nose in it even though it's probably the wrong player for the team....Lurie needs to let the people he hires do their jobs....he can be part of the draft, but his input shouldn't weight more on scouts, coaches, etc....

Hurts is going to need targets....toying with the idea of moving Brooks is just stupid....Hurts needs that improved OLine to see what he can do. Have the backups improved enough to take Brooks' spot? This draft has to try and help fill alot of different holes on the team.

Page 82 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast