Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1425
    I think I'm going to lay off the Hurts hate until mid way into the year. Kids already been with one of the top QB developers working on his footwork and arm techniques.
    Same guy who's helped and worked with Watson before.

That's already encouraging and the kinda stuff I like hearing about potential franchise players.

I respect that and really hope this kid pans out and doesn't end up like Tyrod Taylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I think I'm going to lay off the Hurts hate until mid way into the year. Kids already been with one of the top QB developers working on his footwork and arm techniques.
    Same guy who's helped and worked with Watson before.

That's already encouraging and the kinda stuff I like hearing about potential franchise players.

I respect that and really hope this kid pans out and doesn't end up like Tyrod Taylor.
    I wouldnít call it hate, but Iím not exactly excited with what Iíve seen from him so far. The legs are good, that gives another option in the passing game that we really havenít had since Vick. My thing is teams can scheme against him unless he improves as a passer. He looked very bad as a passer against Washington. Could it be that they figured him out? Can teams in the future do the same thing, making him basically ineffective? I donít know.

One thing I will say about hurts though is it seems like heís a dedicated, hard worker, and is motivated to win. When your talent isnít good, your hard work makes up for it. Tom Brady was a nobody before the draft, nobody liked his talent, but heís got legendary dedication to the game and legendary work ethic and an amazing desire to win. Now Brady is considered by many to be the best QB of all time.

Perhaps hurts can follow in Bradyís path in that aspect, really work hard on improving his game every single offseason to the point where he literally becomes a completely different QB than what people thought heíd be before the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I wouldnít call it hate, but Iím not exactly excited with what Iíve seen from him so far. The legs are good, that gives another option in the passing game that we really havenít had since Vick. My thing is teams can scheme against him unless he improves as a passer. He looked very bad as a passer against Washington. Could it be that they figured him out? Can teams in the future do the same thing, making him basically ineffective? I donít know.
    The only thing that I'll always worry about Hurts is his arm strength and that's not something you just work on but Brees made a HOF career not having huge arm strength.

As long as Hurts continues working his *** of from end of season until start and learns and progresses from his mistakes next year I'm happy
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

The only thing that I'll always worry about Hurts is his arm strength and that's not something you just work on but Brees made a HOF career not having huge arm strength.

As long as Hurts continues working his *** of from end of season until start and learns and progresses from his mistakes next year I'm happy
    The Hurts pass to DJax from our 10 to the Cowboys 40 (off back foot) killed all the arm strength noise, for me. He might not throw 65 yards, all air, but how many QBs can? Does he need to?

Arm strength is neither an issue or a strength. He has an adequate arm. It gets the job done. He doesnít have Carson or josh Allenís arm. But he has a more than adequate arm

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Arm strength is neither an issue or a strength. He has an adequate arm. It gets the job done. He doesnít have Carson or josh Allenís arm. But he has a more than adequate arm
    Agreed with this. Arm strength can definitely help but itís not everything. Like some have said, drew brees never had elite arm strength but he had good enough arm strength to get the job done. Iíd say the same about hurts. Question for me is accuracy. I think heís improved there and made some throws in the nfl that I didnít think heíd make, but Iíd say itís still a work in progress (which is fine, heís still only 22 years old).

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Agreed with this. Arm strength can definitely help but itís not everything. Like some have said, drew brees never had elite arm strength but he had good enough arm strength to get the job done. Iíd say the same about hurts. Question for me is accuracy. I think heís improved there and made some throws in the nfl that I didnít think heíd make, but Iíd say itís still a work in progress (which is fine, heís still only 22 years old).
    Where I stand on Hurts is I would rather roll with him over any of the QBs in the draft not named Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson. I would not trade up for either QB. I think we will see some nice signs of growth year 2 with Hurts. Eagles will need to make their decision with what they feel with Hurts sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    The Hurts pass to DJax from our 10 to the Cowboys 40 (off back foot) killed all the arm strength noise, for me. He might not throw 65 yards, all air, but how many QBs can? Does he need to?
    One throw doesn't define or prove anything. Just because you can air the ball 60 70 yards doesn't mean, you can throw it with accuracy and on the ball with the proper trajectory like a Wilson or Godgers or Mahomes.

Guys like Drew Brees, Matt Ryan make it in the league as franchise QBs because even if they don't have the arm strength, they have extreme accuracy, anticipation and are extremely reliable in not turning the ball over.

Hurts doesn't have the anticipation yet and his arm strength while rolling out or on the run were bad. Like that last play hr had at the goal line against Washington.

Now those are what he's working at, so it's encouraging but you don't grow arm strength over night. I love the effort so like I said until end of next year I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

This is exactly right here. Also, if we are going to say things like no offensive line, weapons at WR, coaching, etc etc etc for Carson, we have to give Hurts the same benefit of the doubt. With that respect, I am definitely excited to see what he can do if we can get him a guy like Chase....I can't even imagine Chase, Reagor, and Fulgham/FA (Fuller would be sick but doubt we clear enough cap).

Also, I find this talk of a rebuild kind of crazy right now. Look, if we can give Hurts some time in the pocket, and guys can get open AND he can extend plays with his legs...our offense can be top 10. Miles is going to handle business if he can stay healthy. Our WRs can be a top 7 squad if we get Chase/Smith. Our line will be getting both Lane and Brooks back along with a, hopefully rejuvenated Dillard. There are no excuses if that offense goes onto the field healthy to be honest. My concern is more with the defense. Our LBs are weak to say the least. Our entire secondary is just not good right now (Slay was solid, but can be a little better). Maybe it was scheme....maybe it was the players...regardless, I hope we retool a little through the draft. I think we concentrated too much money on the DL.

Howie is good at one thing...salary...Work your magic Howie and fix that cap without losing major assets. Then pick the obvious players in the first two rounds. Pick BPA or BP at a position of need thereafter. Then make a nice signing or two in FA. The thing about Philly is you can always get back into our good graces by doing well for us. It's not what have you done...it's what have you done lately.

One throw doesn't define or prove anything. Just because you can air the ball 60 70 yards doesn't mean, you can throw it with accuracy and on the ball with the proper trajectory like a Wilson or Godgers or Mahomes.

Guys like Drew Brees, Matt Ryan make it in the league as franchise QBs because even if they don't have the arm strength, they have extreme accuracy, anticipation and are extremely reliable in not turning the ball over.

Hurts doesn't have the anticipation yet and his arm strength while rolling out or on the run were bad. Like that last play hr had at the goal line against Washington.

Now those are what he's working at, so it's encouraging but you don't grow arm strength over night. I love the effort so like I said until end of next year I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Wait. What? Lol.

My exact comment only referred to his arm strength, which is adequate. Where did accuracy come from?

The rest of your comment, I think, just reaffirms its still too early to judge Hurts. So, to that, I agree.

Iím confused. Thereís not only 2 levels of arm strength. Thereís a whole spectrum. Hurts has adequate arm strength. Heís not mahomes but heís not Chad Pennington either. Drew Brees had a fine arm until the past 2-3 years where heís shot.

Peyton Manning was shot towards the end too

There are noodle arms out there. Jalen isnít one of them. He can make all the throws. Maybe not like josh Allen can make all of the throws. But his arm is more than adequate

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    THIS. I don't get why people act like he can't throw deep.

#24ever

People think that Josh Allen arms grow on trees lol. Hurts' arm is fine.

#24ever

Iím confused. Thereís not only 2 levels of arm strength. Thereís a whole spectrum. Hurts has adequate arm strength. Heís not mahomes but heís not Chad Pennington either. Drew Brees had a fine arm until the past 2-3 years where heís shot.

Peyton Manning was shot towards the end too

There are noodle arms out there. Jalen isnít one of them. He can make all the throws. Maybe not like josh Allen can make all of the throws. But his arm is more than adequate
    Yeah, again, I agree with you (let's not make a habit of this lol). He has an adequate enough arm, probably middle of the pack in the NFL. I love this quote from Hurts from his pro day, "I canít get comfortable. I never will get comfortable. Enough isnít enough even after today, even after the combine. Iím just taking steps and getting better. Next time I get an opportunity to throw itíll just be me, myself and I and whoeverís catching. Weíll get work in and try to get better that day." It's encouraging that he said that, then was living it too as a backup last year (see the comments from Mills I think it was).

Good stuff...I hope he becomes the next Russell Wilson. It's not likely, but it's not impossible either.

Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast