Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1425
    How do pre and post June 1st traded work? Looking at OTC they can save a lot if traded these guys post June. Does that just go towards next seasons cap instead of 2021? So it wouldnít really work for 2021?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    How do pre and post June 1st traded work? Looking at OTC they can save a lot if traded these guys post June. Does that just go towards next seasons cap instead of 2021? So it wouldnít really work for 2021?

I could be wrong but I think if a trade or release happens after June 1st teams can drag the dead cap hit over 2 years instead of over 1.

I bet Dillard is valued as a 2nd round pick right now, 3rd at worst. Ertz is probably a 4th. Barnett is probably a 3rd.

Eagles can probably get some draft picks outta trading these guys.

Wentz is still an Eagle.

Yay?

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Thing is, mailata is just better. Mailata has only played the game for 2 years now and heís already looking like one of the best young LT in the league. Donít quote me on this stat but I think I remember seeing last year that mailata was a top 7 LT for an extended period of time last year, like 10 or 12 games or something. I think it was a pff stat, canít find it now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Also, something that nobody is talking about but is it possible that Dillard is having a Carson wentz like type of reaction from mailata coming in and excelling at LT? We donít talk about offensive lineman much but it doesnít seem too much different from when wentz got hurt and foles came in and played really good and it seems like thatís always effected wentz a little bit. Same thing might be happening to Dillard right now but we just arenít talking about it.

We held onto wentz too long and his value tanked as a result, maybe we should get what we can from Dillard while we can. Iím not sure about wentz mental toughness, but thereís been reports of Dillard crying in practice and stuff.. maybe he just canít take it..
    I hear you with Mailata and I really hope that he continues to prove that he belongs in this league. I personally don't want to bank on him as the future of the most important position on our line until he can do it consistently through a full season. Would like nothing more than his progression to be linear...but it doesn't always work out that way and what happens if he regresses? He went from a third string offensive lineman to our starting left tackle basically overnight during the year.

IF those mental / immaturity reports were true and he hasn't shown growth in that department then you 100% move on from him to recoup value. The Wentz situation was brutal as a young figure head athlete on his first elevated MVP type season.

We were never trading Wentz, the organization failed to build around him is all.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Not that I want to give up on Dillard but heís an older prospect yet heís a pretty valuable trade chip.

Not sure if Colts need a LT but you entice them more into a 1st+ by attaching Dillard to a Wentz deal, I do it.

Dillard, Wentz, Ertz, Barnett, dangle these guys for draft capital.
    Offensive lineman last forever though too, he's 25, they can play extremely well into the mid 30s.

The Colts do need a LT as Anthony Costanzo retired this offseason. That type of deal could set the Colts up very nicely in the long run and we'd still have Howie calling the shots at #20. Like even if Wentz were to miss or be only average, what if Dillard hits? A good left tackle alone is worth the 20th overall pick ten times of ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I hear you with Mailata and I really hope that he continues to prove that he belongs in this league. I personally don't want to bank on him as the future of the most important position on our line until he can do it consistently through a full season. Would like nothing more than his progression to be linear...but it doesn't always work out that way and what happens if he regresses? He went from a third string offensive lineman to our starting left tackle basically overnight during the year.

IF those mental / immaturity reports were true and he hasn't shown growth in that department then you 100% move on from him to recoup value. The Wentz situation was brutal as a young figure head athlete on his first elevated MVP type season.

We were never trading Wentz, the organization failed to build around him is all.

Offensive lineman last forever though too, he's 25, they can play extremely well into the mid 30s.

The Colts do need a LT as Anthony Costanzo retired this offseason. That type of deal could set the Colts up very nicely in the long run and we'd still have Howie calling the shots at #20. Like even if Wentz were to miss or be only average, what if Dillard hits? A good left tackle alone is worth the 20th overall pick ten times of ten.
    I know you donít want to bank on Mialata, but at this time heís there at LT for the future Iíd assume. Does Dillard still factor into the future plans at that point? Where does he play? Is he more valuable as an interior lineman or as a trade chip?

Iím never one for just giving up players because you have the spot already filled but Dillard hasnít really shown too much yet and he could get a better package back for the issue weíre trying to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

All things equal Iíd rather keep dillard

The only reason Iíd get rid of dillard personally is because I really think a lot of driscoll. I think heís a stud. Arguably our 2nd best OL prospect. Heís gonna be a fantastic RT when we move on from lane

Can he stay healthy though?

I'm not high on Driscoll.....yet

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I'm not high on Driscoll.....yet
    Lol why? He was easily our 4th best lineman when playing

Is Driscoll drafted to play RT or RG?

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    The only reason Iíd get rid of dillard personally is because I really think a lot of driscoll. I think heís a stud. Arguably our 2nd best OL prospect. Heís gonna be a fantastic RT when we move on from lane

Can he stay healthy though?
    Absolutely agreed and Mailata is the perfect swing tackle to cover both for spurts but not permanently.

For the crap Howie gets, Dillard was supposed to be a steal and everyone and their mother was excited we got him, thinking he's JPs successor.

But I can't stand mental midgets and rumors were this guy is kinda unstable. But if we can get that fixed he has a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Wentz is still an Eagle.

Yay?
    I prefer keeping him to be honest but I really think heís on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Is Driscoll drafted to play RT or RG?
    He can probably do both but he played RT in college so Iím assuming heís there as insurance in case LJ keeps getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Absolutely agreed and Mailata is the perfect swing tackle to cover both for spurts but not permanently.

For the crap Howie gets, Dillard was supposed to be a steal and everyone and their mother was excited we got him, thinking he's JPs successor.

But I can't stand mental midgets and rumors were this guy is kinda unstable. But if we can get that fixed he has a chance.
    I donít see why mailata canít be the permanent solution at left tackle. He literally knew nothing about football before the 2018 NFL draft and now here he is, just got through 2020 and played like a top 15 LT according to PFF at 23 years old in what was basically his rookie season. Heís shown more promise than Dillard already despite Dillard playing the position his whole life and mailata learning every day.

I could be wrong, but what I see with mailata is insane potential. Heís learning at a very fast pace. Was he great in 2020? No he wasnít, he made a lot of mistakes, but heís 23, playing his first year in the nfl after only knowing the game for a few years. His potential is sky high in my opinion. If he continues to develop he can be really ****in good. Heís big strong fast and smart, basically everything you need. Plus heís got one of the best OL coaches in the nfl to coach him up in Jeff stoutland.

Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast