Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    I love how everything is this is crap this place is horrible, Lurie is a jerk.

Did he just buy this team? Did Roseman just sign on? Aren't these the same guys who won a superbowl. Prior to pulling Hurts I knew Pederson was coming back. Giving up by putting in a quarterback you want to get a look at (tanking the last game) was Pederson's downfall. He lost his locker room, reports were players had to be held back from kicking his ***. When that happens and you have issues with your Quarterback that you're tied to for a ton of money you always lose your job...always.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

I do place most of the roster blame on a Howie. If it wasn't for all the misses in the draft he wouldn't have had to been so reliant on overpriced past their prime free agents. Were there development problems in the coaching ranks yes, but again that's lack of young talent and age FAs....For me the blame is 60% - 40% Howie....the coaching staff didn't do their job but they also weren't given the players to work with.

According to Mosher and Kracz, the Eagles have reached out to Lincoln Riley for an interview.

Joe Banner suggests that for the Eagles to have fired Pederson, they know who they want and who they will hire. Take it for what its' worth.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I love how everything is this is crap this place is horrible, Lurie is a jerk.

Did he just buy this team? Did Roseman just sign on? Aren't these the same guys who won a superbowl. Prior to pulling Hurts I knew Pederson was coming back. Giving up by putting in a quarterback you want to get a look at (tanking the last game) was Pederson's downfall. He lost his locker room, reports were players had to be held back from kicking his ***. When that happens and you have issues with your Quarterback that you're tied to for a ton of money you always lose your job...always.
    I mean, this is not particularly a great landing spot right now, and I don't think that's hard to see. The Eagles have questions up and down the roster. It's aging, and I'm not sure they have a single player under the age of 30 who is a definitive franchise-builder. The QB position has no definitive answer. The cap is terrible. The GM at best is questionable, and at worst is one of the key reasons why we're in the space we are (how you feel about that is up to you). The Eagles hold the 6th pick, but again, you have to question the GM and his draft history. Lurie has become more meddlesome than previously.

Is it the spot from hell? Absolutely not, this isn't like mid-00's Raiders insanity or anything, but if I'm a first year coach, who may only get one shot at this thing as an NFL coach, I have to ask myself "Am I set up to succeed here?" I think many 1st year coaches could find a better landing spot. One that has more options (say, a top-2 pick and QB selection, more cap space, a better roster, etc). The Eagles, as of now, are set up in a style that says "You better like this roster a lot, cause it's what you're getting". A roster that I think we can agree is flawed.

I do think there's a "way out" but it might be a year or 2 down the road, and that puts you on a really, really thin leash for getting it right. I'd probably pick most of the other openings over this one right now, if I had my druthers as a 1st year coach. Maybe the Eagles can convince someone who has some excitement to him like Lincoln Riley to come to town because he really wants to do it with Hurts or something (I know we got burned by Chip but I don't really think Lincoln is cut from the same cloth, but who knows?). I won't say I know he won't. But I think many 1st year guys would be a little scared of this spot.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-11-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    According to Mosher and Kracz, the Eagles have reached out to Lincoln Riley for an interview.
    I really donít think anything will come of that. Thatíd be like a dream. He could go to a lot better situations than philly, sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I really donít think anything will come of that. Thatíd be like a dream. He could go to a lot better situations than philly, sad but true
    I think that's probably the true, unless it comes down to him just really believing in Jalen Hurts and loving the kid. That's I think the only situation where Riley ends up here. I can't speak for Riley there. I would assume that's where the Eagles think they have a chance. Who knows? If there was no Hurts here and it was Carson Wentz and a young QB who was literally identical to Jalen Hurts, but whom just didn't have a personal relationship with Riley? I doubt they'd even try that phone call. So maybe?

Lincoln Riley would be a home run hire. He is a creative offensive guy. The only way Riley would be interested in the job is money and I'm sure he wants control of personnel. He's not going to a 'YES Sir' to Howie.

Hire Lincoln Riley.
    Fire Howie Roseman
    Hire Mike Mayock as the new GM

BOOM.

I know it won't happen but my wish list for HC is Joe Brady or Lincoln Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think that's probably the true, unless it comes down to him just really believing in Jalen Hurts and loving the kid. That's I think the only situation where Riley ends up here. I can't speak for Riley there. I would assume that's where the Eagles think they have a chance. Who knows? If there was no Hurts here and it was Carson Wentz and a young QB who was literally identical to Jalen Hurts, but whom just didn't have a personal relationship with Riley? I doubt they'd even try that phone call. So maybe?
    True. If Lincoln Riley does gets hired itíd probably mean he wants to run it back with Jalen hurts at QB. That being said, heís about as close as being a QB whisperer as there ever was so who knows, maybe heíd be the best option to get Carson back to where he was. Question is would Riley even want to deal with it when hurts, who heís very familiar with, is also on the roster?

POE PCB established in 1996 in Shenzhen, as one of the leading printed circuit board manufacturer in China, is dedicated to providing High-tech printed circuit board products which including FR4PCBs, Aluminum PCBs, HDI PCBs,Multilayer PCBs (up to 28layers), Gold Finger PCBs and Rogers PCBs with annual production capacity of over 15 million square feet .
    https://chinapcbsmt.com/PCB-Fabrication.html

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...lphia-football

So yeah, this is interesting.. Apparently Lincoln Riley and howie roseman are pretty tight? Also interesting, Riley convinced the eagles to take both Jalen reagor and Jalen hurts.. Um.. Is this a move that has been in the works for a year?

Is anyone a bit nervous that the last time the Eagles went for the hot college hire it was Chip Kelly and it turned out very poorly? Not saying that means Lincoln Riley would fail, but something that definitely makes me nervous

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    Is anyone a bit nervous that the last time the Eagles went for the hot college hire it was Chip Kelly and it turned out very poorly? Not saying that means Lincoln Riley would fail, but something that definitely makes me nervous
    No. Because it'd be the same as saying any former coordinator would be (insert name here) and we shouldn't hire an NFL coordinator. Chip Kelly's issues have little to do with Lincoln Riley. You either believe in Riley or you don't. I'm not worried where he's coming from.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast