Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I mean, I'm willing to look at the whole picture, but the Eagles have not done a good job hitting on the players they have needed to, and the thought processes are bad. The draft last year was more than "Reagor hasn't worked out". Why take Hurts in the 2nd? Why Taylor in the 3rd? These are weird choices. They didn't sit well at the time, and they continue to be odd. Why do we sink so much into some spots, but completely and utterly lack to care about things like linebackers? It's been a consistent issue. We're in straight up cap hell right now because of his management.

I don't think he's failed every little thing he's done. But he's done a bad job for years now putting this team into a good position. If Pederson is going to get the axe after arguably a single bad season, letting Howie Roseman skate by when he's generally failed in many aspects over the last 3 offseasons seems like a weird split in the "blame". Pederson can own lots of blame, but at best it's 50/50 between the two. If Doug's gone, Howie should be gone, too. It makes almost no sense to lay this on the feet of Doug with almost zero blame on Howie's.
    But they aren't pinning the blame on Doug. No ones getting pinned any blame. Its simply they disagreed on how the future prospects looks like going forward. I don't think neither Howie or Doug shoulsve been fired, just get an outside offensive coordinator and let him fix Wentz and call damn plays. Its not that hard a concept and there were always reports Doug is hard headed and it cost him his job.

Lurie didn't blame anything on Doug so let's end that debate.

Like I said I have zero idea on how our draft process works, going of rumors and reports, some of our picks are coach based decisions and not necessarily from our scouting department. But does that devoid Howie from any blame? No not at all. As for the 3rd round LB we can't expect him to become some amazing player rifht away, give him some time before annoiting him a bust.

As for Hurts, I understood the thought behind it because if Wentz got hurt its good to have a cheap alternative as a backup thag actually can fill in temporarily and play effectivr afyer some grooming. We've tried drafting developmental QBs last 4 5 years and they all sucked and didn't "develop".. which shows there is an underlying issue with development.

Howie has failed in the draft category. But the last 4 5 years, even our SB year he made great bargain signings and low key trades rhat everyone has seemed to forget.

We will see who the next hire is, I just hope its not underwhelming
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

But they aren't pinning the blame on Doug. No ones getting pinned any blame. Its simply they disagreed on how the future prospects looks like going forward. I don't think neither Howie or Doug shoulsve been fired, just get an outside offensive coordinator and let him fix Wentz and call damn plays. Its not that hard a concept and there were always reports Doug is hard headed and it cost him his job.

Lurie didn't blame anything on Doug so let's end that debate.

Like I said I have zero idea on how our draft process works, going of rumors and reports, some of our picks are coach based decisions and not necessarily from our scouting department. But does that devoid Howie from any blame? No not at all. As for the 3rd round LB we can't expect him to become some amazing player rifht away, give him some time before annoiting him a bust.

As for Hurts, I understood the thought behind it because if Wentz got hurt its good to have a cheap alternative as a backup thag actually can fill in temporarily and play effectivr afyer some grooming. We've tried drafting developmental QBs last 4 5 years and they all sucked and didn't "develop".. which shows there is an underlying issue with development.

Howie has failed in the draft category. But the last 4 5 years, even our SB year he made great bargain signings and low key trades rhat everyone has seemed to forget.

We will see who the next hire is, I just hope its not underwhelming
    The team felt the need to meet multiple times and ask Doug what his plan was. Howie Roseman has had nothing of the sort, it seems. I think it's clear where blame has been placed, and where blame has not been placed. We've seen only over and over that Howie's fully safe. I think it's clear that Roseman is not being treated in the same was as Doug after the season.

Frankly, I think if Doug isn't here, there's little reason for Roseman to be here.

I would prepare to be underwhelmed. The Eagles have a meddling owner right now, a GM who hasn't produced, a very murky QB issue, questionable talent on both sides of the ball and is in a cap hell situation. You're going to have to come in to the Eagles, look at this very same roster and say "I know how to fix it" without really making many additions or subtractions outside of the draft, which is being run by a guy who's at best, questionable at it. At best I think the Eagles are the 6th best job right now. At worst, I think you can argue the Lions a better spot. The only real saving grace right now is the NFC East blows *** right now.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-11-2021 at 04:52 PM.

The team felt the need to meet multiple times and ask Doug what his plan was. Howie Roseman has had nothing of the sort, it seems. I think it's clear where blame has been placed, and where blame has not been placed. We've seen only over and over that Howie's fully safe. I think it's clear that Roseman is not being treated in the same was as Doug after the season.

Frankly, I think if Doug isn't here, there's little reason for Roseman to be here.

I would prepare to be underwhelmed. The Eagles have a meddling owner right now, a GM who hasn't produced, a very murky QB issue, questionable talent on both sides of the ball and is in a cap hell situation. At best I think the Eagles are the 6th best job right now. At worst, I think you can argue the Lions a better spot. The only real saving grace right now is the NFC East blows *** right now.
    But, were you shocked? 😂😩

Were not the Lions here, people are getting too carried away.

We play in the NFC east, we have elite talent on both sides of the ball in place. Our trenches on both sides going to be back and healthy and back to performing at a high level next year barring another fluke off season injury.

We have a top 10 back in Miles still, if Carson is fixed thats an easy top 10 QB in the league. We potentially after the draft and IF the draft goes according to plan can have a really good balanced team still.

The new coach also can choose his own d coordinator
    Elite talent? Lol where? Fletcher cox (30 years old)

Howie has depleted this roster with years of bad drafts. We’re towards the bottom of the league in drafting

Because he's allowing Doug to choose his staff. Isn't that the opposite of what people always pin on Howie for being a control freak?

Doug was being given full reigns on picking his staff and he was foing to hire people who were crap, even well documented on this forum when reports came out the past week or so on who can get promoted to the coordinator positions.

Everything were going of rifht now is assumption, maybe Howie is next on how hell approach the off season. We don't know yet.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

But, were you shocked? 😂😩
    I remained shocked. But maybe I shouldnt be considering how shaky the organization seems to be running right now.

I remained shocked. But maybe I shouldnt be considering how shaky the organization seems to be running right now.
    It went exactly like I figured. Such a terrible franchise right now.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Elite talent? Lol where? Fletcher cox (30 years old)

Howie has depleted this roster with years of bad drafts. We’re towards the bottom of the league in drafting
    Tackles last well into their mid 30s playing at an elite level.

Did we forget Brandon Brooks was an elite rated guard last year and did Lane Johnson just disappear suddenly? Jason Kelce is an elite center.
    Miles Sanders is a top 10 back, Wentz if corrected is easily a top 10 QB. Big play Slay is a top 15 CB.
    We just need linebackers and safety potentially. We will see what the new defensive coordinator chooses.

He hasn't depleted the roster, he just hasn't drafted any elite players onto it or role players thus far for that matter.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Because he's allowing Doug to choose his staff. Isn't that the opposite of what people always pin on Howie for being a control freak?

Doug was being given full reigns on picking his staff and he was foing to hire people who were crap, even well documented on this forum when reports came out the past week or so on who can get promoted to the coordinator positions.

Everything were going of rifht now is assumption, maybe Howie is next on how hell approach the off season. We don't know yet.
    Again, if you want to blame Pederson for his role, his staff selections were poor. I'm not sitting here saying Pederson was blameless. It's that you've basically given Roseman a pass. The two, inconjunction, have the Eagles where they are. I'm fine with canning Pederson, but Roseman shouldn't be absolved in this. Roseman drafted the players, Pederson didn't develop the players. How much that was on Pederson, how much on Roseman is definitely debatable and I don't think we can separate the two.

But I don't think there's going to be a Roseman firing. You'd have fired him too, as he will now be selecting the next coach. It makes little sense to let him start the process, then fire him and waste all of the efforts done hiring a coach. Reports are also that Lurie likes him some Roseman. I think Roseman is here for 2021clearly.

Again, if you want to blame Pederson for his role, his staff selections were poor. I'm not sitting here saying Pederson was blameless. It's that you've basically given Roseman a pass. The two, inconjunction, have the Eagles where they are. I'm fine with canning Pederson, but Roseman shouldn't be absolved in this. Roseman drafted the players, Pederson didn't develop the players. How much that was on Pederson, how much on Roseman is definitely debatable and I don't think we can separate the two.

But I don't think there's going to be a Roseman firing. You'd have fired him too, as he will now be selecting the next coach. It makes little sense to let him start the process, then fire him and waste all of the efforts done hiring a coach. Reports are also that Lurie likes him some Roseman. I think Roseman is here for 2021clearly.
    This is where I agree with you. If both cosch and GM are to get fired it happens right when season ends or even mid season like the Falcons. I think its kinda tooo late right now to fire both.

I think Howie deserves a lot of blame, most definitely and I think this off season should be his last and if we go trash mode again then can him.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Tackles last well into their mid 30s playing at an elite level.

Did we forget Brandon Brooks was an elite rated guard last year and did Lane Johnson just disappear suddenly? Jason Kelce is an elite center.
    Miles Sanders is a top 10 back, Wentz if corrected is easily a top 10 QB. Big play Slay is a top 15 CB.
    We just need linebackers and safety potentially. We will see what the new defensive coordinator chooses.

He hasn't depleted the roster, he just hasn't drafted any elite players onto it or role players thus far for that matter.
    Your definition of elite players is different than mine. Lane has had an ankle issue for 3 years. It just collapsed. Kelce is always 1 year from retiring. Cox is already losing a step. Still great but declining. Top 15 isn’t elite.

The roster is depleted. Only bias would say otherwise. Not a single player under the age of 28 that is top at their position. Not even top 5. Not 1 single top 5 player out of 22 available positions. Not 1. Arguably only 2 players on the whole roster top 10. This roster is a mess

It is the very definition of depleted

I think Howie's been given this year to fix the ******* he's created with this "cap-mastery"....Where will you find a GM who wants to come into a situation $70 million over the cap.....14+ free agents and very little young talent on your roster? If there's a guy out there he's a miracle worker.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Your definition of elite players is different than mine. Lane has had an ankle issue for 3 years. It just collapsed. Kelce is always 1 year from retiring. Cox is already losing a step. Still great but declining. Top 15 isn’t elite.

The roster is depleted. Only bias would say otherwise. Not a single player under the age of 28 that is top at their position. Not even top 5. Not 1 single top 5 player out of 22 available positions. Not 1. Arguably only 2 players on the whole roster top 10. This roster is a mess

It is the very definition of depleted
    No team is going to have a roster full of elite players. You have 2 or 3 guys, then the rest full of good role players. Your elite players are supposed to help mask a lot of your deficiencies.

Cox is not losing a step, he starts slow the heats up towards the end of the year and he's still an elite player at his position. Definitely top 3 to 5. Just because he's 30 doesn't mean he's auto declining. Aaron Donald is 30 this year so does that mean he's going to start declining too or lose a step?

Jason Peters was still playing at a high level into his mid 30s, so why can't Lane or Brooks? Even with his injuries Lane still played at a high level and now he gets to fix his injuries and come in.

Wait our roster is depleted because we don't have an elite player best at their position under 28 nor top 5.

Who on our team was that when we won the SB?
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    I think Howie's been given this year to fix the ******* he's created with this "cap-mastery"....Where will you find a GM who wants to come into a situation $70 million over the cap.....14+ free agents and very little young talent on your roster? If there's a guy out there he's a miracle worker.
    This is also a very good point.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Like Cubs mentioned I'm reading a lot of negative things about the Eagles job, I've even read that it's being viewed as the worst opening in the NFL. Hopefully that's overreaction, but there's definitely challenges to be worked out. A poor cap situation, management that may or may not be overbearing, aging roster, a QB that's coming off his worst season, not ideal.

Hopefully that's all doom and gloom and the Eagles can figure out a way to work out the cap problems and can start retooling our roster some

Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast