Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1399
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    318
    If we're stuck with the same BS front office and coaching staff.....Lurie may as well sell the damn team if he doesn't have the stones to fire people.....Does it make him look bad as an owner? Sure for a week or two....but what cures all the bad press and emotions.....Winning. Get winners in here.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,660
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    It is astonishing to me that we are rolling back out the same front office and head coach that lead to the consistent degradation of this team.

    The same GM that lead to the team in cap hell

    The same Head Coach that has lead to the historic demise of a once MVP caliber QB

    The same front office that has consistently missed on obvious high draft picks trying to find diamonds in order to be the smartest people in the room

    I hate to say it. But I am convinced that we are in for a long period of awful Eagle teams as this leadership group will lead us down the wrong path trying to patch holes instead of properly rebuilding this team
    Yes keeping howie is a mistake

    No thereís isnít any proof Doug was the reason Carson failed. His bad footwork, mechanics, and defensive schematic understanding are all wonky. Thatís on him.

    But Iíll say this. Keeping Doug and howie doesnít mean that lurie is going to keep them in 2022

    It also doesnít mean howie will be the only voice in the room on roster selection either

    Iíd take a wait and see approach. Sure if they run it back itís not going to lead to anything good and thatís fine. Theyíll all be fired next season. I see 2-3 years regardless of what happens

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    318
    Supposedly Doug was having a meeting with Lurie today....and I haven't seen anything news worthy that's been "leaked" by Eagles insiders....like all the Carson stories...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    It is astonishing to me that we are rolling back out the same front office and head coach that lead to the consistent degradation of this team.

    The same GM that lead to the team in cap hell

    The same Head Coach that has lead to the historic demise of a once MVP caliber QB

    The same front office that has consistently missed on obvious high draft picks trying to find diamonds in order to be the smartest people in the room

    I hate to say it. But I am convinced that we are in for a long period of awful Eagle teams as this leadership group will lead us down the wrong path trying to patch holes instead of properly rebuilding this team
    Sheesh. That's very well said. How can anyone argue with that?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,933

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    468
    I'm near positive this is not allowed, but are Eagles allowed to start cutting players at this point, or would they have to wait till after the Super Bowl? Not that there's much reason to do it at this point but was just curious.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I'm near positive this is not allowed, but are Eagles allowed to start cutting players at this point, or would they have to wait till after the Super Bowl? Not that there's much reason to do it at this point but was just curious.
    I could be wrong but I think they have to wait till the league year ends or in other words after the super bowl.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,474
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I could be wrong but I think they have to wait till the league year ends or in other words after the super bowl.
    Does this work with all personnel? Like if they were going to trade Pederson to the Jets, does that have to wait?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,614

    Eagles Off-season 2021 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Does this work with all personnel? Like if they were going to trade Pederson to the Jets, does that have to wait?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really donít know for sure to be honest..lol but looking at last years transactions, they waited till a few days after the super bowl to hire all those pointless offensive coaches to Doug pedersons staff. The super bowl was February 2nd and all those hires to the coaching staff happened on February 6th.

    Also same can be said about previous years, in 2019 the super bowl was February 3rd and a few weeks later they started releasing guys and making coaching staff changes. Thereís usually minor signings to future contracts before the super bowl but I think releasing players and coach changes usually happen after the super bowl.

    Hereís a reference for the eagles previous transactions

    https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/t...nsactions/2020

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,112
    Pederson OUT. I feel like you gotta fire Howie as well. He has been a flop last few years.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Pederson OUT. I feel like you gotta fire Howie as well. He has been a flop last few years.
    I pray like 69 times a day every day that the eagles fire howie. Doesnít work. I think howie is gonna stay, hopefully in a reduced role

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,728
    Well, Doug's gone. In a vacuum the decision makes sense, but can't fathom how Howie keeps his seat as well. If you're going to clean house, clean it.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,674
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well, Doug's gone. In a vacuum the decision makes sense, but can't fathom how Howie keeps his seat as well. If you're going to clean house, clean it.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,728
    Early favorite appears to be Mike Kafka. Long way to go, obviously.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,728
    Also glad Howie Roseman gets to pick, yet another coach.

    This franchise is a mess right now.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •