Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1425
    Closest comparison point we can probably use in a Watson trade is the Stafford trade that happened a couple of months back. Rams gave up a 3rd, a 2022 and 2023 first, and Jared Goff. Watson is younger but also has lots of question marks right now off the field, so honestly at this stage it's probably fairly comparable to what I'd expect the Texans to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Name the last time a 25 year old elite QB made it public he wanted a trade from the organization then get accused by 22 woman of sexual assault?

You never trade an elite premier player like that especially one that's probably somewhere in the top 10-15 overall in the NFL.

Of course QB is more important than CB, but that doesn't mean QBs are automatically ranked higher.
    But for the benefit of this discussion, say Watson is a top 10-15 player in the NFL.
    N Ramsey is top 20-25 ish range, so a tier below.

At around a similar age he was traded is my point for 2 firsts and a 4th. But he didn't come with the baggage that Watson is going to come with and Texans dont have the leverage anymore.

He probably would've netted them a huge haul of picks and players possibly if he didn't have the off field issues.
    Now with a potential suspension and the demands of a trade from.before Texans will sniff nowhere near 4 firsts.

Most I'd personally pony up for any player is 2 firsts unless it's Tom Brady in his prime.
    Ok I get it. You think heís gonna be cheap. I donít necessarily agree about that. If heís traded before the accusations are resolved then yes I can see lower compensation but if heís traded after everything is resolved (which I think is more realistic) then I think compensation will be higher. Heís likely to not go to jail no matter what happens, these are all civil cases which will likely just result in financial penalties unless something else comes out in the future.

The compensation is besides the point I was originally getting at though. Iím not really interested in rooting for a guy that has (currently) 23 different accusers of sexual assault. Is it possible that all of these women are coming up with fake accusations? Yes, anything is possible and Iím not gonna rule out that heís completely innocent, but with this many accusers I tend to think that when thereís a lot of smoke thereís usually fire. Thereís been a ton of other athletes accused of sexual assault but having this many accusers? I donít think thatís ever happened to a professional athlete before. Itís wild, and personally Iíd prefer not having that be a part of the eagles. If you can put that little detail aside that he allegedly sexually assaults women regularly, then more power to ya, but Iíd have a hard time.

Eagles Off-season 2021 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    Closest comparison point we can probably use in a Watson trade is the Stafford trade that happened a couple of months back. Rams gave up a 3rd, a 2022 and 2023 first, and Jared Goff. Watson is younger but also has lots of question marks right now off the field, so honestly at this stage it's probably fairly comparable to what I'd expect the Texans to get.
    Yeah if Watson is traded before these accusations are resolved but I donít think a team would give up assets before they know more about the case and I donít think the Texans would sell super low on Watson.

Besides, two 1sts, a 3rd and a former #1 overall pick that has been a pro bowler twice and makes up 25mill in dead cap for the rams. Thatís a lot to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Ok I get it. You think heís gonna be cheap. I donít necessarily agree about that. If heís traded before the accusations are resolved then yes I can see lower compensation but if heís traded after everything is resolved (which I think is more realistic) then I think compensation will be higher. Heís likely to not go to jail no matter what happens, these are all civil cases which will likely just result in financial penalties unless something else comes out in the future.

The compensation is besides the point I was originally getting at though. Iím not really interested in rooting for a guy that has (currently) 23 different accusers of sexual assault. Is it possible that all of these women are coming up with fake accusations? Yes, anything is possible and Iím not gonna rule out that heís completely innocent, but with this many accusers I tend to think that when thereís a lot of smoke thereís usually fire. Thereís been a ton of other athletes accused of sexual assault but having this many accusers? I donít think thatís ever happened to a professional athlete before. Itís wild, and personally Iíd prefer not having that be a part of the eagles. If you can put that little detail aside that he allegedly sexually assaults women regularly, then more power to ya, but Iíd have a hard time.
    Regardless if he settles them or not, everything's already been made public and he'll always have that aura around him. Texans also have no leverage at this point to command so much because no matter where he goes that city and team will catch a lot of flack by activist groups etc..

You rooted for Mike Vick once upon a time, who took us to the playoffs and he actually did more harmful stuff and this coming from a guy who's not a pet person.

Fact of the matter is unless he did pedophilia stuff, forcefully raped them woman by grabbing their hands and touching his Wang or by forcing him them to perform oral, I have zero problems with what he did.

I believe it all was consensual because no woman yet has said he forcefully raped them and if the sexual assault is stemming from him asking for happy endings or his piece being exposed then I'm not going to judge because you'd be arresting a **** ton of men worldwide for this because all this to me is regular and I hear about massage parlors that cater to different criterias and cops of course know too and don't permanently close these places.

If Watson wasn't famous, none of this comes to light especially if the girls aren't RMTs which some have already been said not to have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Yeah if Watson is traded before these accusations are resolved but I donít think a team would give up assets before they know more about the case and I donít think the Texans would sell super low on Watson.

Besides, two 1sts, a 3rd and a former #1 overall pick that has been a pro bowler twice and makes up 25mill in dead cap for the rams. Thatís a lot to be honest.
    I agree without any clarity on what shakes out legally both sides would have to be crazy to do a trade. I just brought that up as a reference point in case things clear up and move in Watson's direction (which is a really big if at this point).

I think Eagles best play is to start Hurts and see what they have. I see a few different options in the first round that would make me happy and could help the team plus in 2022 we'll have a better idea what we have with Hurts and if he's the answer we have potentially 3 1sts to build with, and if Hurts isn't the answer we'll be terrible and picking high with an ability to draft someone.

Regardless if he settles them or not, everything's already been made public and he'll always have that aura around him. Texans also have no leverage at this point to command so much because no matter where he goes that city and team will catch a lot of flack by activist groups etc..

You rooted for Mike Vick once upon a time, who took us to the playoffs and he actually did more harmful stuff and this coming from a guy who's not a pet person.

Fact of the matter is unless he did pedophilia stuff, forcefully raped them woman by grabbing their hands and touching his Wang or by forcing him them to perform oral, I have zero problems with what he did.

I believe it all was consensual because no woman yet has said he forcefully raped them and if the sexual assault is stemming from him asking for happy endings or his piece being exposed then I'm not going to judge because you'd be arresting a **** ton of men worldwide for this because all this to me is regular and I hear about massage parlors that cater to different criterias and cops of course know too and don't permanently close these places.

If Watson wasn't famous, none of this comes to light especially if the girls aren't RMTs which some have already been said not to have been.
    I could be wrong but itís my understanding that is exactly what Watson was doing, getting his dick out and forcing women to touch it. Itís ****in weird, and perverted. Iím just saying, if he is doing stuff like this (which maybe he isnít) then I really wouldnít be surprised to hear about rape allegations next. Men that go out and rape women probably donít wake up one day and all of a sudden say ďI think Iím gonna rape somebody todayĒ. No, itís probably a long term progression that starts with minor offenses such as what Watson is being accused of now.

I was talking to Bdawk once a year or two ago about domestic violence and he said that usually if thereís an offense itís probably not the 1st time itís happened and probably wonít be the last time it happens. I think that could be the same thing here, especially considering that with these cases it looks like Watson will probably only get a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I agree without any clarity on what shakes out legally both sides would have to be crazy to do a trade. I just brought that up as a reference point in case things clear up and move in Watson's direction (which is a really big if at this point).

I think Eagles best play is to start Hurts and see what they have. I see a few different options in the first round that would make me happy and could help the team plus in 2022 we'll have a better idea what we have with Hurts and if he's the answer we have potentially 3 1sts to build with, and if Hurts isn't the answer we'll be terrible and picking high with an ability to draft someone.
    Thatís definitely what I want too. Keep hurts and see what he does for the year. If he sucks *** then use those 3 first round picks next year to move up and grab a QB if necessary. If hurts is the guy then those 3 first round picks will really help filling holes

I could be wrong but itís my understanding that is exactly what Watson was doing, getting his dick out and forcing women to touch it. Itís ****in weird, and perverted. Iím just saying, if he is doing stuff like this (which maybe he isnít) then I really wouldnít be surprised to hear about rape allegations next. Men that go out and rape women probably donít wake up one day and all of a sudden say ďI think Iím gonna rape somebody todayĒ. No, itís probably a long term progression that starts with minor offenses such as what Watson is being accused of now.

I was talking to Bdawk once a year or two ago about domestic violence and he said that usually if thereís an offense itís probably not the 1st time itís happened and probably wonít be the last time it happens. I think that could be the same thing here, especially considering that with these cases it looks like Watson will probably only get a slap on the wrist.
    If its rape then I absolutely want zero to do with him period.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

You can just stop this Desaun Watson stuff right now. This is not the Eagles way of doing business. Jeffery Lurie does not want **** like that on his team and please don't try to use Mike Vick as to say their is a possibility for Desaun Watson. Jeffery Lurie has been here long enough for you to know he almost never brings in guys with these types of issues the occasional knucklehead yes but nothing more than that. The Eagles have a young high character guy in Jalen Hurts a ton of future picks and they are going to have cap space soon so they got options. They don't need to go down that road I don't even know why your even trying to push that.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    You can just stop this Desaun Watson stuff right now. This is not the Eagles way of doing business. Jeffery Lurie does not want **** like that on his team and please don't try to use Mike Vick as to say their is a possibility for Desaun Watson. Jeffery Lurie has been here long enough for you to know he almost never brings in guys with these types of issues the occasional knucklehead yes but nothing more than that. The Eagles have a young high character guy in Jalen Hurts a ton of future picks and they are going to have cap space soon so they got options. They don't need to go down that road I don't even know why your even trying to push that.
    This isn't something pulled from thin air, various reporters have been saying Howie is monitoring the situation and extremely interested in him.

Also how is the Vick situation going to be ignored? Did lurie sell the team during that time?
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

This isn't something pulled from thin air, various reporters have been saying Howie is monitoring the situation and extremely interested in him.

Also how is the Vick situation going to be ignored? Did lurie sell the team during that time?
    I don't doubt your sources I just don't believe them. If the Eagles are monitoring any situation it would be Russell Wilson in Seattle or Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay not no damn Desaun Watson. Desaun Watson don't sound like nothing Jeffery Lurie would be remotely interested in. Lurie don't have that type of track record for players like that. Now what I mean with Vick is that that's one of the very few players Lurie has taken a chance on with a real bad legal history and Lurie did not want him at all. It took Any Reid and Lurie's wife alot to convince Lurie to sign Vick. When Vick got here he had to get with the humane society to try and clean up his image regarding animal abuse he had to go through alot. My point is don't expect a situation like Vick to happen often because I can promise you it won't.

I don't doubt your sources I just don't believe them. If the Eagles are monitoring any situation it would be Russell Wilson in Seattle or Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay not no damn Desaun Watson. Desaun Watson don't sound like nothing Jeffery Lurie would be remotely interested in. Lurie don't have that type of track record for players like that. Now what I mean with Vick is that that's one of the very few players Lurie has taken a chance on with a real bad legal history and Lurie did not want him at all. It took Any Reid and Lurie's wife alot to convince Lurie to sign Vick. When Vick got here he had to get with the humane society to try and clean up his image regarding animal abuse he had to go through alot. My point is don't expect a situation like Vick to happen often because I can promise you it won't.
    It's not "my sources". It's your very own Philly media and reporters from Houston. Those same guys who now in hindsight were rifht about the Pederson, Wentz dramas.

Not to mention, why would they make this up? I didn't know you were so in tune with the team to know what they won't and wouldn't do.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

It's not "my sources". It's your very own Philly media and reporters from Houston. Those same guys who now in hindsight were rifht about the Pederson, Wentz dramas.

Not to mention, why would they make this up? I didn't know you were so in tune with the team to know what they won't and wouldn't do.
    I don't have to be in tuned you don't see no damn Josh Gordan, Antonio Brown, Joe Mixon, or Derrius Guice in an Eagles uniform do you? This is old news man did you just become an Eagles fan yesterday? I'm gonna tell you this one more time and this is gonna be the last time. Jeffery Lurie does not like bringing in guys with serious legal problems or any issues that brings bad press to his football team that's a fact.

I don't have to be in tuned you don't see no damn Josh Gordan, Antonio Brown, Joe Mixon, or Derrius Guice in an Eagles uniform do you? This is old news man did you just become an Eagles fan yesterday? I'm gonna tell you this one more time and this is gonna be the last time. Jeffery Lurie does not like bringing in guys with serious legal problems or any issues that brings bad press to his football team that's a fact.
    He also kept cooper for too long.

Desean Jackson has had issues and he brought him back.

Bennett was traded for.

Letís not act like itís a clean record or you donít play for the birds.

Sure they arenít known for it but itís not far fetched. In saying that, I donít believe Watson will be here at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I see the PED using Lane Johnson still on the team.
    Or is that not enough bad press for you?
    Or that Terrel Owens guy or Lurie didn't own the team?
    Weren't we interested in drafting Guice? I remember that draft where we wanted him or some ****.

Get out of fairy tale land, stuff happens in life and we adjust to it as it comes.
    I'm not saying we're the Bengals of a decade ago under Marvin Lewis but Lurie or Roseman aren't going to not bring someone here unless it's something really ridiculously over the top. What Watson did I dont think fits that bill.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495