Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1425
    It sounds like Lurie never really believed that Doug was competent enough to lead the franchise. You remember Michael Lombardi saying how unqualified he was? That came directly from Jim Schwartz who we see here took a meeting to discuss that and the prospects of potentially replacing him.

We also need to remember that Frank Reich was not a hot candidate and the Chargers were one of the worst offenses in the league in his last year. I always thought the main problem with that team was the offensive line and injuries, anyone else remember King Dunlap? He was the LT of that offense....that's putrid

Doesn't excuse the article or the idea that this entire thing is a **** show. It's painful to see Lurie try to have some influence over the coaching staff...but Doug wanting to keep that offensive staff together is enough to see the door. Howie is ****ing terrible at roster management too so that man should not be handling ANY week to week activation decisions. Alshon Jeffrey staying off the PUP this season and then playing him at all knowing he's cut after the year?

I could not do another 4-5 game stretch of playing offense for 1/2 of the game

I also don't think they have ANY confidence that Hurts is the long term answer at quarterback. My personal belief is that his ceiling is sub average starter that gets by with his legs to propel him into that range. You may be able to win some games with him within the right scheme -- but he's never going to take us anywhere meaningful.

The difference between him and Dak is that one has a cannon arm and the other has always relied on his running at every single level. Dak even as a rookie had better zip, motion, eyes, and release point on his throws. I see a slow motion for Hurts, head down too often looking to run, and not enough zip to drop in deeper throws. Can he make some deep throws? Absolutely, but they wobble and float in the air a little too much.
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 04-14-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Great we have our own senile Jerry Jones now

Also I believe this article because there continually seems to be links to us wanting Watson. There's like a new damn source every week now, that it's kinda hard to not kind of get excited but feel horrible for Hurts at the same time.

I get Hurts isn't a ***** emotionally like Wentz but he hasn't even made a full month of being the annoited starting QB without his replacement already being pursued.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Deshaun Watson will be our QB in due time at this rate.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Deshaun Watson will be our QB in due time at this rate.
    LOL. I'm starting to believe it

Unless he raped a woman, beat her silly or did some **** stuff, I'd welcome him in with open arms. 27 year old elite QB, I'm loving hear the rumors.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Meh pass on watson.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Meh pass on watson.
    Same. Iím not really interested in seeing the eagles trade 3-4 first round picks for the next bill cosby

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Meh pass on watson.
    I would too, but that's out of our control with Lurie at the helm.

#24ever

I think too much is being made of this

Lurie has been a hands on owner for 25 years.

Reuben frank even said heíd heard that Jeff has always been involved in the draft process

I think howie has his issues, Jeff isnít perfect

But I think that this idea that a man in his 60s suddenly changed course is highly unlikely

Heís likely the same guy heís always been. Just in a tumultuous year people want to report about it

Eagles Off-season 2021 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think too much is being made of this

Lurie has been a hands on owner for 25 years.

Reuben frank even said heíd heard that Jeff has always been involved in the draft process

I think howie has his issues, Jeff isnít perfect

But I think that this idea that a man in his 60s suddenly changed course is highly unlikely

Heís likely the same guy heís always been. Just in a tumultuous year people want to report about it
    As far as what? The draft involvement? I believe that Lurie likely has always been involved. That I agree with.

The way Lurie treated doug pederson and the coaching staff though, I donít think that is something heís always done with his coaches. I donít think itís necessarily something that all of a sudden changed with him, I think itís just that lurie felt Doug needed an extra push for whatever reason and he didnít get that impression with his previous head coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Same. Iím not really interested in seeing the eagles trade 3-4 first round picks for the next bill cosby
    Name the last time 4 first round picks were traded?
    Ramsey was traded for 2 firsts and a fourth after being an all pro and still on his rookie deal.
    The Falcons didnt even trade 3 let alone 4 firsts to move up for Julio.

I dont know where people come up with these random suggestions. After what he's been through and asking for a trade, plus his big contract. I'll be shocked if 3 firsts are even involved.

For us we have Hurts to help eleviate some of the cost because we can give them a young QB back still.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Name the last time 4 first round picks were traded?
    Ramsey was traded for 2 firsts and a fourth after being an all pro and still on his rookie deal.
    The Falcons didnt even trade 3 let alone 4 firsts to move up for Julio.

I dont know where people come up with these random suggestions. After what he's been through and asking for a trade, plus his big contract. I'll be shocked if 3 firsts are even involved.

For us we have Hurts to help eleviate some of the cost because we can give them a young QB back still.
    Name the last time a 25 year old top 5 QB in the NFL was traded?

Ramsey is a cornerback. Quarterback is way more important than cornerback.

The cost will be very high.

This is Dallas Goedert contract year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    This is Dallas Goedert contract year.
    I kinda wish they would pay him before the season starts. Hopefully that would keep the cost down somewhat. I feel like he could have a great year with sirianni.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Name the last time a 25 year old top 5 QB in the NFL was traded?

Ramsey is a cornerback. Quarterback is way more important than cornerback.

The cost will be very high.
    Name the last time a 25 year old elite QB made it public he wanted a trade from the organization then get accused by 22 woman of sexual assault?

You never trade an elite premier player like that especially one that's probably somewhere in the top 10-15 overall in the NFL.

Of course QB is more important than CB, but that doesn't mean QBs are automatically ranked higher.
    But for the benefit of this discussion, say Watson is a top 10-15 player in the NFL.
    N Ramsey is top 20-25 ish range, so a tier below.

At around a similar age he was traded is my point for 2 firsts and a 4th. But he didn't come with the baggage that Watson is going to come with and Texans dont have the leverage anymore.

He probably would've netted them a huge haul of picks and players possibly if he didn't have the off field issues.
    Now with a potential suspension and the demands of a trade from.before Texans will sniff nowhere near 4 firsts.

Most I'd personally pony up for any player is 2 firsts unless it's Tom Brady in his prime.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast