Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sirianni is the next coach of the Eagles

Per Schefter and Clark. Done deal.
    Told you it wouldn't be JMCD.

Hiring Sirianni is a bit strange in the sense that he's Frank Reich's right-hand man over the last few seasons. Reich's job was saved by Doug, and Reich only got the job because McDaniels (all reports are he was the other finalist for this job) backed out of the Indianapolis job.

There's a world where Josh McDaniels is the HC in Indianapolis and Frank Reich is the HC no where. I'd assume Sirianni would probably have gotten an OC job somewhere despite it, but still, a weird turn of events needed to occur for this timeline of events to come to fruition, many of which were perpetrated by the Eagles themselves. Funny how things work.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Told you it wouldn't be JMCD.
    Sounds like it was really close. Apparently part of the reason the Eagles interviewed Sirianni is that he happened to be in Florida at the same time and the Eagles requested to interview him and he drove to the interview.

Gotta love firing Doug Pederson to hire Doug Pederson's former offensive coordinator's offensive coordinator

Say that twice over...

Im cool with sirianni. The more I looked into his background the more I think hed be a good coach

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Im cool with sirianni. The more I looked into his background the more I think hed be a good coach
    Yeah. I'm fine with it. I'm not overjoyed, not mad. They seem to like him and he's an up and commer. I can't say I know a ton about what he's trying to do. It seems clear he wasn't the first choice of the team, but sometimes it works out when you don't get your first choice.

I like this much better than most choices. Hes infinitely better than McDaniels. Worst case, seems like he's a mediocre coach. Best case and you've got another Reid. But I don't see a hand grenade. So I'm fine.

Now to go about fixing all this mess.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Got my #1

Im a happy camper

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Gotta love firing Doug Pederson to hire Doug Pederson's former offensive coordinator's offensive coordinator

Say that twice over...
    That that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post

Say that twice over...
    I will say. Reich was hired by lurie and company from my understanding. Like the eagles hired all of dougs staff lol

Lurie mustve liked reich

Over the moon, exactly who I wanted once researched. I think well all end up being surprised

Great hire. Preferred him over Duce, Brady and mcdaniels once researched

On another note i really hope other teams with OC vacancies (like Indy) give Duce a shot

Seriously

Like dude deserves a shot. He needs to go somewhere else so that he can shed the eagles thing and in turn look more attractive to other teams as a HC candidate

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    On another note i really hope other teams with OC vacancies (like Indy) give Duce a shot

Seriously

Like dude deserves a shot. He needs to go somewhere else so that he can shed the eagles thing and in turn look more attractive to other teams as a HC candidate
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah. I'm fine with it. I'm not overjoyed, not mad. They seem to like him and he's an up and commer. I can't say I know a ton about what he's trying to do. It seems clear he wasn't the first choice of the team, but sometimes it works out when you don't get your first choice.

I like this much better than most choices. Hes infinitely better than McDaniels. Worst case, seems like he's a mediocre coach. Best case and you've got another Reid. But I don't see a hand grenade. So I'm fine.

Now to go about fixing all this mess.

Agreed, seems fairly low risk with high reward

I'm hopeful that we can expect him to establish the run as we've seen the Colts do the last two seasons with average/subpar QB play.

It's amazing that after all of the injuries on the offensive line and shifting around we still had two quarterbacks in the top 5 of average intended air yards. How do you continue to be that aggressive with pushing the ball down the field given all the circumstances this year?

All I want is more screens, motion, and ultimately getting the ball out quickly. Just seemed like this offense had no rhythm for large spurts of the past two years.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/p...s-differential

Why not just promote Duce to OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Why not just promote Duce to OC?

I'd like to get someone in who's called plays. Reich handled most of that in Indy. While it seems as though Sirianni has had input, it'd probably be good to bring in an experienced OC/DC here. Even if Sirianni is going to call the plays, having a sounding board is probably a good thing.

Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast