Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    In actual news, surprise surprise another weird name, but the Eagles will interview Saints DC Dennis Allen tomorrow for their HC spot.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

so they're actually meeting with Kellen Moore today. id rather have him than half the candidates as despite him having the demeanor of a weasel

also Dennis allen? how are these candidates getting worse. Bowles and Allen? should we give Adam gase another call? we loved him in 2016

wade Phillips just unretired? Jim haslett? Freddie kitchens?

lets just deep dive into the scrap heap.

there's thorough and then there's whatever this is. this has gone from seeming desperation to lurie overcorrecting from 2016. in 2016 he "settled"

so in 2020 apparently he's going to interview the whole world. make sure he doesn't settle

also not 1 college coach lol

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    so they're actually meeting with Kellen Moore today. id rather have him than half the candidates as despite him having the demeanor of a weasel

also Dennis allen? how are these candidates getting worse. Bowles and Allen? should we give Adam gase another call? we loved him in 2016

wade Phillips just unretired? Jim haslett? Freddie kitchens?

lets just deep dive into the scrap heap.

there's thorough and then there's whatever this is. this has gone from seeming desperation to lurie overcorrecting from 2016. in 2016 he "settled"

so in 2020 apparently he's going to interview the whole world. make sure he doesn't settle

also not 1 college coach lol
    Well, I'm sure he'd like to have interviewed college coaches, but I think they all told him "no". OU just got a big transfer and hired an assistant coach today. Riley isn't going anywhere.

But in the end, yeah, we're well past "thorough" and going into "wasting our time" territory. Dennis ****ing Allen? John Fassel? Tim Cowlishaw was so jazzed about that he offered to drive him to the interview. They're up to 10 interviews and 3 or 4 of them are just headscratchers. Be thorough but...idk...how about interview the good ones twice instead of bringing in every guy who's ever heard of the word "football" once?

Reports are Sirianni interviewed well. Add him to the "legitimate contender" team. That said, Bowles also got that moniker, and yuck

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well, I'm sure he'd like to have interviewed college coaches, but I think they all told him "no". OU just got a big transfer and hired an assistant coach today. Riley isn't going anywhere.

But in the end, yeah, we're well past "thorough" and going into "wasting our time" territory. Dennis ****ing Allen? John Fassel? Tim Cowlishaw was so jazzed about that he offered to drive him to the interview. They're up to 10 interviews and 3 or 4 of them are just headscratchers. Be thorough but...idk...how about interview the good ones twice instead of bringing in every guy who's ever heard of the word "football" once?
    lololol

I won't disagree with any of this. Brady? Duce? Mcdaniels? Sirianni? just bring these guys in again if you like them so much

my expectation is next week we're going to hear eagles are setting up 2nd interviews for like 6 of the 10 guys

then 2 weeks from now 3rd interviews with 3 of the 6

and then 2 of the 3 will back out because of how ridiculous this is and we'll end up with josh mcdaniels

this is a waste of time. desperation seemed plausible but now it just looks like lurie is gun shy tbh

he doesn't want to "miss" anyone. he wants to make sure he doesn't have someone else get the hidden gem another year and wants to make sure he finds that guy first

and while what I say sounds nice, why interview Allen and Bowles? retread defensive head coaches who weren't good with low potential

I hate McDaniels but at least that's high risk high reward

Bowles and Allen are no risk 0 reward

also will we get past 10? could we hit 15?

ill say this. if they get this wrong that'd be even funnier. if they like do all these interviews and still make the wrong choice

I'd say for me my current list is

Duce (I trust him as a head man. give him a good OC and DC and we'll be set)
    Brady (a risk but one worth taking. has the makings of a genius)
    McDaniels (yes this list is causing him to be 3. he's hyper intelligent with a ton of upside, but also huge risk)
    kellen Moore (good play caller, smart guy. has some potential I think)
    sirianni (I mean I have no clue but he's better than others)
    mayo (lol I mean he's young and smart)
    Fassell (there's been some success with special teams coaches lololol)
    Bowles (lol can we please not?)
    allen (I wouldnt watch next year)

Pretty soon they’ll interview Doug for his job back lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Eagles Off-season 2021 Edition

https://www.radio.com/94wip/sports/e...re-duce-staley

What more does Jeffrey Lurie need? At this point it’s almost disrespect if he doesn’t go with Duce.. The players are practically begging him..

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Pretty soon they’ll interview Doug for his job back lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

The thing thats annoying about this **** is the effing senior bowl is next weekend and we don't even have coordinators at each end to atleast go scout the prospects
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

McLane: "would be very surprised if it's Duce even if they miss on their top candidates"

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    https://www.radio.com/94wip/sports/e...re-duce-staley

What more does Jeffrey Lurie need? At this point it’s almost disrespect if he doesn’t go with Duce.. The players are practically begging him..

he ain't gonna go Duce. at this point idk who he'll go but it aint gonna be Duce. Duce is one of those guys I feel like if he wanted to hire him he would've. I won't say he's wrong. as Reuben Frank said lurie hasn't really missed on coaches. Ray Rhodes won coach of the year, Andy is well...Andy, Chip went 20-12 his first 2 years and if not for being a psycho/GM he'd probably still be here, and Doug won a Super Bowl

he's had a finger on the pulse in the past. maybe he doesn't anymore, maybe he does. granted if Doug marrone and Adam gase didn't turn us down we wouldve hired them. but hey maybe they succeed here? coaching is a weird thing. it's a lot like QB. where you go matters. the eagles spend a ton of money to win, Howie for all his faults typically manages the cap well.

I'm not remotely guaranteeing we make the right hire. I'm just saying we might just make the right hire and a guy like lurie who's been pretty right about coaches in general maybe doesn't think Duce has the goods right now or in general. Duce is a players coach. maybe after Doug lurie doesn't want that. I have no clue

I'd like to say there can't possibly be any more interviews...but most of the candidates I either never heard of, never would've guessed they'd interview, etc. so I wouldn't be overly shocked if come tomorrow we hear theyre interviewing drew Brees for HC or something

he ain't gonna go Duce. at this point idk who he'll go but it aint gonna be Duce. Duce is one of those guys I feel like if he wanted to hire him he would've. I won't say he's wrong. as Reuben Frank said lurie hasn't really missed on coaches. Ray Rhodes won coach of the year, Andy is well...Andy, Chip went 20-12 his first 2 years and if not for being a psycho/GM he'd probably still be here, and Doug won a Super Bowl

he's had a finger on the pulse in the past. maybe he doesn't anymore, maybe he does. granted if Doug marrone and Adam gase didn't turn us down we wouldve hired them. but hey maybe they succeed here? coaching is a weird thing. it's a lot like QB. where you go matters. the eagles spend a ton of money to win, Howie for all his faults typically manages the cap well.

I'm not remotely guaranteeing we make the right hire. I'm just saying we might just make the right hire and a guy like lurie who's been pretty right about coaches in general maybe doesn't think Duce has the goods right now or in general. Duce is a players coach. maybe after Doug lurie doesn't want that. I have no clue
    I don’t think it’s gonna be Duce

I'd like to say there can't possibly be any more interviews...but most of the candidates I either never heard of, never would've guessed they'd interview, etc. so I wouldn't be overly shocked if come tomorrow we hear theyre interviewing drew Brees for HC or something
    We said this last week and now they’re close to 10 interviews.lol at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a couple more then we get a decision this weekend. Gotta get going though, need to have guys in place for the senior bowl

Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast