Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Interesting.. I wasnít expecting the eagles to interview too many Defensive guys. Probably outta desperation to be honest.
    I donít buy complete desperation, I think itís a mix of desperation and making sure youíve seen all of the candidates so if the one you want doesnít come here you know what your other options are

Also it could very well be possible the guy we wanted already turned us down.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I donít buy complete desperation, I think itís a mix of desperation and making sure youíve seen all of the candidates so if the one you want doesnít come here you know what your other options are

Agreed itís probably not pure desperation because thereís probably still guys in the playoffs that they like, but I think right now the eagles are scrambling to get their foot in the door of a lot of guys so that they have a higher chance of hitting on one of the guys they talk to. A lot of these names have been talking to teams for a few weeks prior to when the eagles started talking to them.

You could argue that about any andy Reid offensive guy. And I do think itís Andy moreso than Doug, Nagy, EB, and Kafka

However

Andy prepares his guys to HC at the NFL level and they get to absorb his offense and see how it works and learn how to game plan from arguably the bill belichick of offense

I donít need Kafka, heís not at the top of my list. But heís a smart guy from northwestern who has worked closely with the best QB in football under the best offensive coach in football. Also he is the guy Andy wants to keep instead of EB lol which says something
    I wouldnít mind Kafka personally, but Iím always a little iffy seeing a young position coach bumped up to head coach really fast.. He might have a brilliant mind but it doesnít mean heís ready to be a head coach yet.

I also think itís possible that he gets a head coach gig and then flops because heís young and inexperienced and then goes and works under another coach, gets more experience, and then gets another head coach opportunity in like 5-7 years and does much better due to having more experience.

While I don't think anyone has specifically said the words "no", I also think the Eagles have figured out through back channels and through other ways that the Eagles are not the preferred choice by a bunch of these guys. Supposedly, for example, they really liked Arthur Smith. He's in Atlanta. They supposedly really want Lincoln Riley. There's been nothing there, radio silence and many think there's no chance he's really interested. With the amount of "wunderkind" types they're going after, and with the types of those they're targeting (outside of Brady, many of these are not the guys other teams are going after), I think there's a good chance that's the case; the Eagles are definitely off the beaten track right now, and seemingly, gathering up every one in that category they can.

I think the optimistic view of this is that they're just doing their due diligence, asking everyone so they know. But...optimistic. I think a more realistic thought is that the Eagles maybe misjudged their position with someone they liked and now are going on to a second round of guys they can realistically get. It could be fine in the end, we could get another Pederson outcome and we'll all be pretty happy with that, so I'm not necessarily doing the doom and gloom thing. I just...don't think the Eagles are just being the only diligent team while the rest weren't. The Eagles are easily the team going deepest into the pool of candidates right now.

Itís really hard for fans to know. Because thereís so much strangeness going on behind the scenes. Like why wasnít roseman in the presser post firing Doug? Usually the GM is. Obviously it was a lurie presser but usually the GM is there to express a unified decision making process. Lends credence to howie being against firing Doug (maybe he knew with wentz, the cap it wasnít an attractive job and they should wait a year)

Also you have the oddity that is lurie never having wanted Doug and having to settle on him after mcadoo and gase passed on us

Does lurie not want to settle again?

Itís all very strange right now. I canít help but wonder if those reports of lurie making this decision on his own are true, and if thatís true what does that say about us moving forward? If even howie is tossed to the side when lurie has a desire what does that mean?

Thatís the stuff that makes me be open to all possibilities. From desperation, to thorough evaluation, to being turned down by everyone, to lurie being too skittish to make a final call on someone

Mc Daniels turn.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Mc Daniels turn.
    We've really hit the stage where I have no idea what they're doing. It seems like every OC or DC in the NFL is on their list right now. Are they stalling for Kafka? Are they trying to make Lincoln Riley jealous?

Also requested to interview EB. Iíll give either a chance but Iím pretty against mcdaniels and EB tbh. Mcdaniels has probably come some ways since Denver but I donít buy him. And EB hits women so thatís a no for me

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    We've really hit the stage where I have no idea what they're doing. It seems like every OC or DC in the NFL is on their list right now. Are they stalling for Kafka? Are they trying to make Lincoln Riley jealous?
    Could just be waiting for a chiefs coach tbh but checking around idk lol

It is getting funny

We may end up interviewing every OC and DC in the nfl

Mclane is this years josina.

Plenty of guys putting their names to Wentz support.

Anonymous sources can kick rocks.

Mclane is this years josina.

Plenty of guys putting their names to Wentz support.

Anonymous sources can kick rocks.
    First who are the ďplentyĒ of guys? No dismissing just want to see who?

Secondly just because you donít like what he wrote doesnít make him any less credible. Heís a pretty widely respected reporter. Heís not some nobody with 0 credibility

First who are the ďplentyĒ of guys? No dismissing just want to see who?

Secondly just because you donít like what he wrote doesnít make him any less credible. Heís a pretty widely respected reporter. Heís not some nobody with 0 credibility
    Chris Long, Torrey Smith, Brandon Graham, Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox, Miles Sanders, and Zach Ertz to name a few most recently.

Add on that they favor a coach that wants to work with Carson tells me a bit more than regurgitated stories from anonymous sources.

Chris Long, Torrey Smith, Brandon Graham, Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox, Miles Sanders, and Zach Ertz to name a few most recently.

Add on that they favor a coach that wants to work with Carson tells me a bit more than regurgitated stories from anonymous sources.
    So here's where I come down on this:

1. It's a lot easier to be on the record and happy about a teammate than it is to be on the record and negative about someone you play with, or are employed by that team, or would like another team to employ you. That sources who are negative remain anonymous should obviously add questions as to who it is (there's a big difference between it being, say, Press Taylor than some quality control guy who's barely around). Sadly, as long as they remain anonymous, they should remain iffy, but not entirely dismissed.

2. There's enough being reported on the idea that Wentz may not be the best worker/teammate and this goes back many offseasons now. At first I was willing to dismiss it, but the amount of years we've gone with these reports consistently popping up should raise eyebrows. I think coupled with the lack of progression last year and you've got some smoke brewing.

3. I'm not sure that the reports of the team wanting a coach who can work with Wentz means that. Jeff Lurie just dumped $60m into Wentz. Howie Roseman is the GM who gave him the deal and is supposedly the cap wizard. They also know how difficult it is going to be to move Wentz if the end result is "We don't want him here". As much as it could be "Lurie and Roseman know Wentz is a good worker" it could also be "Lurie and Roseman have selfish reasons for wanting to push Wentz". What is it? Not sure. Not saying it one way or another, but I'm not sure I'd read that as something that's going to change my mind on these reports.

My personal read on the situation is to take a middle ground; I think Carson Wentz 100% plays a role in the situation that's going on with his poor play. I think there are enough reports and his play has stagnated right now enough to say there's something to these reports and that Wentz probably owns ownership here. I also think there's probably been a lot of scheming issues on the coaching staff's part, and Roseman has failed in many regards to put a team on the field to put Wentz in a successful position. And maybe Wentz's stagnation and inability to work with the coaching staff is due to being fed up with some of that stuff, too.

I hope that if Wentz is retained that everyone here pulls over a new page and starts fresh. Wentz on his ability to listen to outside voices, the team in putting him in better situations both on the field and schematically, and everything goes from there. I have always been a Wentz guy, going back to draft day, and still want to see him succeed.

Eagles will interview Josh McDaniels and request to interview Eric Bieniemy. Bill Belichick coaching tree does not have any success LOL.

Report coming out claim that 'Wentz is uncoachable.'

Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast