Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Our offensive coordinator should be a former coach because we can't have a coaching staff all new without any experience coaching before. Lynn wouldve been perfect. But I prefer someone who was a former coach.
    Just a theory on my part:

I think the eagles didnít want Lynn for whatever reason. I saw a rumor a day or 2 ago that Lynn might be a possibility because he has ties to sirianni, but he decided to take the lions OC job AFTER they announced stafford would leave the team. That to me makes the lions OC job a LOT less attractive so I think if we wanted him to coach with sirianni, they coulda made that happen.

I wonder if sirianni already knows who he wants and I wonder if itís Steichen. The chargers are in the middle of a coaching change so Steichen might be out, but because heís technically still under contract by the chargers the eagles have to do some waiting to see what happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Maybe. But I was looking back at his 2017 stats and he had quite a few games in fact 7 out of his 13 games with a completion percentage under 60%

Heís always been inaccurate. But in 2017 he was more athletic, had more talent around him, followed the playbook and was behind a great offensive line and the #3 ranked rushing attack

This year he was slower, the OL struggled, less talent around him. So all of his deficiencies he never worked on like his footwork, elbow and defense reading were just exposed. He had the throw the ball more so his inaccuracy was more obvious. And by mid season he was visibly shook. Almost like he was looking at the line more than downfield. And his processing of the field was 2 steps slow which led to him having 33 out of his 50 sacks be when holding the ball for 4 seconds. Average time to throw is 2.5 seconds

I think 2017 is glorified because he showed such talent and athleticism, playmaking. But if you look at the numbers his issues have honestly just persisted and were made to look worse with a worse surrounding cast

If he can commit to fixing his footwork and making sure his elbow isnít wild and probably above all else commit to studying and getting the ball out quicker. Then he can turn it around

If he goes out there thinking he can get by on bad footwork, holding the ball and not being able to read a defense pre or post snap heíll be in trouble
    Yes, I agree, alas I think Wentz changed his view of the game or how he plays when he caught the "hero ball" feel.

Now he has to overcome that, do you think an off season is enough to solve that? Can he mentally overcome that?

EDIT: what kind of defensive scheme they ran on indy? Given Gannon coming in as DC, do we have the players for it?
    Last edited by papirico52; 01-24-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Looks like both Duce and Fipp will be leaving. Not really a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Looks like both Duce and Fipp will be leaving. Not really a surprise.
    Maybe the eagles bring in frank Ross from the colts to replace fipp?

Shady in his way to another super bowl.

#GOAT

Hectic weekend with eagles coaching changes. I dont know much about any of the new coaches but I like that they are cleaning house. However sad to see Duce Staley go. I know it wont happen now but would have been nice to see Howie get fired as well. I dont see what the owner sees in him?

In case anyone lost like I was, below is up to date changes:

INCOMING
    OFFENSE

Nick Sirianni ó Head coach

Shane Steichen ó Offensive coordinator

Jeff Stoutland ó Run game coordinator/offensive line coach (Staying)

Kevin Patullo ó Pass game coordinator

DEFENSE

Jonathan Gannon ó Defensive coordinator

Tracy Rocker ó Defensive line coach

--------------------------------------------------------------------

OUTGOING
    OFFENSE

Doug Pederson ó Head coach (Leaning towards taking a year off)

Duce Staley ó Assistant head coach/running backs coach (Officialy joined Detroit Lions)

Press Taylor ó Passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach (Not retained)

Marty Mornhinweg ó Senior offensive consultant

Justin Peelle ó Tight ends coach (Officially joined Atlanta Falcons)

Mike Bartrum ó Assistant tight ends coach (Interviewing for Marshall head coach job)

Rich Scangarello ó Senior offensive assistant (Re-joined 49ers as their quarterbacks coach)

DEFENSE

Jim Schwartz ó Defensive coordinator (Taking a year off)

Ken Flajole ó Linebackers coach (Might retire)

Nathan Ollie ó Assistant defensive line coach (Officially joined New York Jets)

RUMORS
    Dave Fipp receives permission to explore other options

I gotta say the new offensive coordinator is not very promising but hey at least we have a offensive coordinator now.

"I know it wont happen now but would have been nice to see Howie get fired as well. I dont see what the owner sees in him?"

I think at this point it's a matter that Lurie trusts him because he knows him personally and knows Howie doesn't give him too much pushback. I agree with you I am not a fan of his and it sounds like he's rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in his day (some people I believe have positive impressions of him as well).

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    "I know it wont happen now but would have been nice to see Howie get fired as well. I dont see what the owner sees in him?"

I think at this point it's a matter that Lurie trusts him because he knows him personally and knows Howie doesn't give him too much pushback. I agree with you I am not a fan of his and it sounds like he's rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in his day (some people I believe have positive impressions of him as well).
    I want howie gone as much as anybody if not more but Iíll say this, itís gotta be so hard to fire the head coach and the general manager in the same offseason. Especially so late into the offseason, they fired Doug like 2 weeks after the regular season ended. Without a head coach and general manager, Lurie would basically have to put in a lot of the work finding his new guys and I bet most owners donít know a lot of other people around the league. Howie has good relationships with a lot of people so it probably made the coaching search easier.

Again, Iím not saying it was the right decision but I wouldnít be surprised if it played a small role. Maybe howie is still on the hot seat though but Iím not holding my breath on that one

I don't like it, we are like Colts light, and the colts aren't that good.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    I gotta say the new offensive coordinator is not very promising but hey at least we have a offensive coordinator now.
    OC is an extension of the HC, especially an offensive HC. So Anthony lynn probably had as much to do with Shaneís offense not doing what people maybe wanted

But keep in mind that was a team expected to be picking in the top 10

Idk what to expect. Hell we donít even know whoís calling plays. But regardless itíll be sirianni, Steichen, and patullo figuring the offense out together so it wonít be what people even think

Heres what Iíll say. Everyone just needs to remember that while sirianni may have definitely been influenced by reich this wonít be frank reich. For whatever that means. Andy worked with mike holmgren and while he was clearly influenced by him he wasnít him. He was his own guy

At the end of the day sirianni was an OC so he gave ideas, helped design but it wasnít his offense. It was reichs. Sirianni will have similar elements to reichs offense but itíll be his own offense

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I want howie gone as much as anybody if not more but Iíll say this, itís gotta be so hard to fire the head coach and the general manager in the same offseason. Especially so late into the offseason, they fired Doug like 2 weeks after the regular season ended. Without a head coach and general manager, Lurie would basically have to put in a lot of the work finding his new guys and I bet most owners donít know a lot of other people around the league. Howie has good relationships with a lot of people so it probably made the coaching search easier.

Again, Iím not saying it was the right decision but I wouldnít be surprised if it played a small role. Maybe howie is still on the hot seat though but Iím not holding my breath on that one
    That top part was me quoting mn, but didn't want to get the big body of text afterwards

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/stat...118375424?s=20

This guy sirianni, always seems to be coaching the ďcomeback player of the yearĒ winner... I mean, if anybody is gonna fix wentz, sirianni has as good of a chance as anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/stat...118375424?s=20

This guy sirianni, always seems to be coaching the ďcomeback player of the yearĒ winner... I mean, if anybody is gonna fix wentz, sirianni has as good of a chance as anybody.
    This is why I'm sure Wentz will be starting for the eagles next year.

Yeah. Gotta think Nick convinced them to take on the challenge. Probably asked Frank if he was fixable and took it over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast