Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Why not just promote Duce to OC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean Iíd be for it but would he? Also heís an assistant head coach is it a promotion?

I really donít know if heíll be cool with it after being passed over

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'd like to get someone in who's called plays. Reich handled most of that in Indy. While it seems as though Sirianni has had input, it'd probably be good to bring in an experienced OC/DC here. Even if Sirianni is going to call the plays, having a sounding board is probably a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    While I like this hire, if the plan is for Nick to call plays I will be super pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Iím cool with sirianni. The more I looked into his background the more I think heíd be a good coach
    yep

Any word on DC and OC?

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Any word on DC and OC?
    Rumors are Jonathon Gannon, DB coach from the Colts is on the short list. Also interviewing out in SD.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I mean Iíd be for it but would he? Also heís an assistant head coach is it a promotion?

I really donít know if heíll be cool with it after being passed over
    If itís a true promotion, maybe? If no one comes in and offers him an OC job, itíd make sense if his next step is to be a HC.

The play calling duties are a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Overall I'm happy. Seems like a good choice.

I feel it's to please Wentz which indicates how much power he has in this organization.

I'm not sure.

I would like to see Hurts with a healthy O line plus an upgrade at WR. I think players like Hurts and front office likes Wentz. To me I rather take a plunge in the new era of running QBs.

Of course I could be wrong.
    Last edited by papirico52; 01-21-2021 at 07:01 PM.

I'm on the side of trading Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I'm on the side of trading Wentz.
    I thought for a while there that he was gone but Iím thinking he stays unless some team blows the eagles away with an offer (unlikely). Firing Doug and hiring sirianni screams that wentz is staying in my opinion

Wentz is staying and starting next year.

The only way wentz isnít here next year and starting is if he either says he still wants to be traded or he royally Fs up in camp and craps the bed

Both are still on the table as possibilities

I do think itís safe to say heís the projected starter

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    The only way wentz isnít here next year and starting is if he either says he still wants to be traded or he royally Fs up in camp and craps the bed

Both are still on the table as possibilities

I do think itís safe to say heís the projected starter
    Considering how unprecedented his drop off was and the way everything unfolded this season/offseason (so far), really makes me wonder how much Wentz may have been sabotaging the season. Far fetched but thereís been a lot of talk how much he was killing the play call and running his own. Maybe not sabotaging but at least trying to one up Doug and co. Trying to get Doug ousted.

Itís weird but I think itís easier to believe something like that than to think Wentz has just completely lost his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Considering how unprecedented his drop off was and the way everything unfolded this season/offseason (so far), really makes me wonder how much Wentz may have been sabotaging the season. Far fetched but thereís been a lot of talk how much he was killing the play call and running his own. Maybe not sabotaging but at least trying to one up Doug and co. Trying to get Doug ousted.

Itís weird but I think itís easier to believe something like that than to think Wentz has just completely lost his talent.

Maybe. But I was looking back at his 2017 stats and he had quite a few games in fact 7 out of his 13 games with a completion percentage under 60%

Heís always been inaccurate. But in 2017 he was more athletic, had more talent around him, followed the playbook and was behind a great offensive line and the #3 ranked rushing attack

This year he was slower, the OL struggled, less talent around him. So all of his deficiencies he never worked on like his footwork, elbow and defense reading were just exposed. He had the throw the ball more so his inaccuracy was more obvious. And by mid season he was visibly shook. Almost like he was looking at the line more than downfield. And his processing of the field was 2 steps slow which led to him having 33 out of his 50 sacks be when holding the ball for 4 seconds. Average time to throw is 2.5 seconds

I think 2017 is glorified because he showed such talent and athleticism, playmaking. But if you look at the numbers his issues have honestly just persisted and were made to look worse with a worse surrounding cast

If he can commit to fixing his footwork and making sure his elbow isnít wild and probably above all else commit to studying and getting the ball out quicker. Then he can turn it around

If he goes out there thinking he can get by on bad footwork, holding the ball and not being able to read a defense pre or post snap heíll be in trouble

Wentz is staying and starting next year.

Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast