Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    So, there have been no reports of interviews scheduled today, and it's been a few days since we've heard any news names added to the search or being requested to interview. Based on those leaves, I'd assume we're in the home stretch, and it could be any day where a presumptive winner is being chosen (likely not any official contract signings or announcements, but a likely decision passed on by beat reporters).

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sounds like Sirriani's interview went long, too. Lasted until Wednesday. I'd say it's a three horse race right now between Sirriani, McDaniels and Staley.

I'm cool with Sirriani. I can't say I know a ton about him as a coach, but he seemed to have overachieved in Indianapolis with mediocre talents like Brissett at QB, and the Colts were pretty good this year on offense, too. He's a bit of an unknown, but has helium. Roll the dice. I'd rather roll it on Sirriani than McDaniels.
    Tiss.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    the offense put up 400+ yards 3 straight starts with Jalen Hurts. we did that 1 other time with Carson the entire season.

Carson was definitely a major problem with the offense. that's not to say a new coach, a new outlook, a healthy roster can bring him back to effectiveness. I mean if baker can become a viable QB then Carson can find his way as well

but last years issues started on many levels from QB. I mean I believe 33 of his 50 sacks were when holding the ball for 4 seconds. that's absurd

also while I don't think Pederson is infallible his offense ran much smoother with Jalen in. unquestionably so. the eagles weren't a talented team. but when Jalen came in they seemed to get more outta guys. probably just because he got the ball out.

also abandoning the RPO is one of the main commentaries about Wentz changing the plays. wentz in past articles was said to not want to run the "Nick Foles plays"
    Offense imo did do better with Hurts at QB at first however it still was bad after the Hurts magic spark went away. Towards the end of the season/after Hurts came down to earth there wasn't much of a difference between Hurts and Wentz offense. I didn't look up any stats to back this. What I am trying to say is the offense still sucked. Also hurts did get very lucky with his fumbles, I don't remember how many but he fumbled a lot and luckily we recovered, had the opposing team recovered we wouldn't be so high on Hurts.

Mosher says his sense is it's Sirriani vs McDaniels. Says the players like Sirriani. He's hard, but players like him.

https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherNFL/s...879525890?s=20

Caplan immediately retweets it and suggests there's more to come on Sirriani as a coach "if he gets the nod". Winds seem to have shifted towards Nick Sirriani as the next Eagles coach.

John Clark chimes in. "Eagles could have their new coach by the weekend". Polls fans asking Staley/Sirriani/McDaniels. Would assume those are definitely the final 3 at this point. Seems to be picking up chatter again after going pretty quiet. Those are 3 Eagles beat writers within 3 minutes of each other tweeting.

"By the weekend" means it's probably coming today/tomorrow.

Mosher says his sense is it's Sirriani vs McDaniels. Says the players like Sirriani. He's hard, but players like him.

Caplan immediately retweets it and suggests there's more to come on Sirriani as a coach "if he gets the nod". Winds seem to have shifted towards Nick Sirriani as the next Eagles coach.
    Heís been my #1 for a couple days now. Gotta good feeling about him

How long he lasts?

Well thatíd entirely depend on how we draft and retool this roster

If we hire josh or sirianni all I want to hear is Carson is attached to their hip and ready to get better

Also once the coach is hired Iíll be even more interested in the staff. Especially if itís sirianni

With josh Iíd obviously assume some patriots guys

But with sirianni Iím not sure who to expect lol

I mean.. what more is needed? Guy is a good offensive mind, is a players coach but can coach hard if needed unlike Doug. Get it done

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Also once the coach is hired Iíll be even more interested in the staff. Especially if itís sirianni

With josh Iíd obviously assume some patriots guys

But with sirianni Iím not sure who to expect lol
    I think I saw a tweet a day or two ago that made it sound like the coaching staff sirianni had in mind was pretty impressive.

I canít find that tweet now so maybe I didnít see that..lol thought I saw something about the coaching staff sirianni had in mind

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Offense imo did do better with Hurts at QB at first however it still was bad after the Hurts magic spark went away. Towards the end of the season/after Hurts came down to earth there wasn't much of a difference between Hurts and Wentz offense. I didn't look up any stats to back this. What I am trying to say is the offense still sucked. Also hurts did get very lucky with his fumbles, I don't remember how many but he fumbled a lot and luckily we recovered, had the opposing team recovered we wouldn't be so high on Hurts.
    Yeah, I agree with this more than what laststand said. I agree that Hurts was undeniably good/almost great during his first two starts, but the other two were pretty bad. He also was pretty lucky a few times. He had a couple plays where guys made him look good too (I think of the...I think it was Quez with the bubble screen that he turned on the jets and scored a 30 yarder on and then Desean leaving everyone in the dust for 80 or so yards). I'm not saying that Wentz wasn't an issue, but Hurts was holding the ball too...took some sacks and had some fumbles...but the difference was his speed to escape and get yards out of it.

Look at Big Ben's 5th year (it's worse than Wentz's) and Peyton's 4th year (might be on par with Wentz's) and they both had receivers and even a nice playmaker at RB (not sure of their OL status during that time and didn't feel like researching lol). I could see it now how some of our fans would have written them off and to be traded for less than a 1st rounder haha. Their careers up until their 4th/5th years thus far have been pretty similar. Wentz has even been arguably better with far less talent.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I think I saw a tweet a day or two ago that made it sound like the coaching staff sirianni had in mind was pretty impressive.
    Him being in Indy and San Diego definitely means heís got names. Also thereís likely other guys as well he has through connections Iím sure

Iíd be excited if we hire him

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I canít find that tweet now so maybe I didnít see that..lol thought I saw something about the coaching staff sirianni had in mind
    Sirianni just screams "Jeffrey Laurie hiring" to me...lol Some name out of nowhere really that comes in and has a new way of thinking. I think it would at least be interesting. Sirianni seems like one of these 'new age' coaches to me.

Yeah I dont know what to think. I liked the idea of Duce but I get the feeling that man will get overlooked again. Anyways from what I have read here and other sites I much rather have Sirianni. Screw McDaniels.

Sirianni is the next coach of the Eagles

Per Schefter and Clark. Done deal.

Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast