Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    As I said last night, the Eagles are a team with power issues and QB issues. McDaniels last tenure was rife with power struggles and isolating his QB. Maybe he learned, but it's a hell of a risk to take with McDaniels in this spot. It screams "going to blow up in your face".

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    This...so much this....

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Just wondering why everyone here thinks Josh McDaniel's is a bad pick? Yeah he kinda sucked as Denver's coach and back tracked on the Indy job but all I have heard about him before this is that he coaches tough and is good with QB's?

Im not saying im Ok with this hire (if it does happen) but it's kinda intriguing.
    Well I was kinda ok with it too hoping he was just super young his time in Denver, but after doing some research into his time in Denver it looks to me like he is awful at handing out criticism to his team. Criticism is needed by the head coach but the way he went about it was by literally yelling and cussing at his guys in front of the team. Thereís a clip I linked earlier of him losing his **** on the sideline as he was yelling and cussing at the team and said that if they donít play better heís gonna trade all of them.

Plus like 1908 said, heís power hungry. The eagles gave too much power to chip and that backfired, then they didnít want to give any power to Doug and that probably backfired to some extent, and now they want mcdaniels who, like chip, might demand power and massacre the team again just like he did in Denver.

For mcdaniels to come in and have it work, heíd have to not get nearly as much power as he had in Denver, heíd have to be satisfied with not having that much power, and hopefully he went to serious anger management classes like 3X per week for the last 10 years.

Thatís a lot to ask for.. Not sure we can expect that to be changed in 10 years by mcdaniels

I just feel like a josh mcdaniels move is EXACTLY what the eagles donít need right now..lol..

If itís him though Iíll hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I think he meant Brady in terms of just being an overall bust (Chip).
    You so get me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Maybe itís because Iím a fan and a naive 10 year old in a 34 year old mans body, but maybe this all works out?

Maybe they get McDaniels because he winds up being a coach that works wonders with Wentz and the team conforms to him? Maybe howie and Lorie come to realize they need help in the drafting department? Maybe they also decide not to cling to aging vets!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    You so get me

You wish.

That EB agent tweet was intense

my personal outsider take is that they've told Mcdaniels they're hiring him. they told him to come back with the names of assistants he wants to bring in. while doing that the eagles are interviewing more guys just in case there's a change of heart on either side or josh doesn't show he can get the names he promised in said interview

from there they'll move on to contract negotiations

EWWWWW JP said he wants to play another year. God please no, just retire already.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    EWWWWW JP said he wants to play another year. God please no, just retire already.
    Easy money. Iíd want to play too. Give up a bunch of sacks and get paid millions for it, nice job. Hope he goes somewhere else tho

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    That EB agent tweet was intense

my personal outsider take is that they've told Mcdaniels they're hiring him. they told him to come back with the names of assistants he wants to bring in. while doing that the eagles are interviewing more guys just in case there's a change of heart on either side or josh doesn't show he can get the names he promised in said interview

from there they'll move on to contract negotiations
    Did EB say something else?

Eagles Off-season 2021 Edition

Sounds like Robert saleh and joe Brady each also interviewed for more than 7 hours with the eagles according to Peter king
    Last edited by QQQ; 01-18-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Sounds like Robert saleh and joe Brady each also interviewed for more than 7 hours with the eagles according to Peter king
    That's good. Joe Brady is a good hire

Eagles Off-season 2021 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That's good. Joe Brady is a good hire

Sounds like the eagles just typically do a super long interview process. Some are also wondering if mcdaniels interview was so long because they were watching the games together (interview ended just after the saints game). Maybe they wanted to get mcdaniels assessment on each play and what heíd do similarly or differently in each scenario.

Iíd be happier with Joe Brady than josh mcdaniels. Iíd have to talk myself into that one though I do realize mcdaniels is probably more likely at this point.
    Last edited by QQQ; 01-18-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Also some potentially good news regarding the Jeff stoutland to Alabama rumors:

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/stat...100576256?s=20

Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast