Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    More McDaniels smoke. Some Bowles smoke. Frankly both are bad options.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/stat...739474432?s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    We havenít even scheduled a second interview with him have we? Also wasnít his interview zoom?

I think itíll be josh lol

Bowles theyíre just being nice. Also Iíd rather have josh than Bowles tbh which says something

At least josh is an offensive savant. Bowles just strikes me as a good defensive coordinator not even a great one. Heís just good.

If josh wasnít such a nincompoop heíd be an incredible hire. But heís such a walking douche that I donít trust him.
    The eagles shouldnít feel the need to hire mcdaniels so quickly. He supposedly hasnít talked to any other teams so if heís truly their guy, the eagles have nothing to worry about if they wait a few more days checking in on other candidates. I could see them getting a 2nd interview with Brady if they actually do have interest there

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    The eagles shouldnít feel the need to hire mcdaniels so quickly. He supposedly hasnít talked to any other teams so if heís truly their guy, the eagles have nothing to worry about if they wait a few more days checking in on other candidates. I could see them getting a 2nd interview with Brady if they actually do have interest there
    They shouldnít lol

If/when they hire josh Iím going to be pessimistic but Iíll watch and be open

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    More McDaniels smoke. Some Bowles smoke. Frankly both are bad options.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/stat...739474432?s=19

Most sources also pegged Brian daboll as the chargers head coach, jus saying. These reports could be mostly speculation (I hope)

They shouldnít lol

If/when they hire josh Iím going to be pessimistic but Iíll watch and be open
    Same. Hoping he went to some anger management classes since Denver

Most sources also pegged Brian daboll as the chargers head coach, jus saying. These reports could be mostly speculation (I hope)
    Correct. But they were speculating as Daboll couldn't be hired and then Staley jumped in. Daboll has basically withdrawn his name from coaching this year.

This is a different situation then that. Eagles best writers probably have a decent thumb on this and many of them are swaying the McDaniels way. I hope they're wrong, but there's a lot smoke right now and it'd be wrong to just dismiss it. It isn't like there has been this much smoke on any other coach yet and we have interviewed 6 of them. I think there's a reason for the smoke.

With hope they're wrong. I don't know if that's the case.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-18-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Yeah but that WAS speculation. I donít believe he had even interviewed yet. I believe they were just connecting dots between him and the GM I believe

The eagles met with josh for like 12 hours lol

No guarantees but josh seems a bit different than that

Hearing Wentz is going to be a player/coach.

Bowles is the one I donít get. Mcdaniels is at least a widely considered offensive genius who has upside and was a HC 10 years ago when he was a baby coach at 32

So thereís upside there as much as Iím against it. At least thereís like a chance

But Bowles is a journeyman who failed as a HC like 3 years ago and has 0 upside

why? He makes mcdaniels look like a prime hire

Correct. But they were speculating as Daboll couldn't be hired and then Staley jumped in. Daboll has basically withdrawn his name from coaching this year.

This is a different situation then that. Eagles best writers probably have a decent thumb on this and many of them are swaying the McDaniels way. I hope they're wrong, but there's a lot smoke right now and it'd be wrong to just dismiss it. It isn't like there has been this much smoke on any other coach yet and we have interviewed 6 of them. I think there's a reason for the smoke.

With hope they're wrong. I don't know if that's the case.

Iím not dismissing it Iím just saying I also donít think josh mcdaniels is 100% the guy yet. Lotta smoke though for sure

Iím not dismissing it Iím just saying I also donít think josh mcdaniels is 100% the guy yet. Lotta smoke though for sure
    I didn't mean to suggest you were. Just saying that I think there's enough smoke that right now...that's where the wind is blowing.

Just wondering why everyone here thinks Josh McDaniel's is a bad pick? Yeah he kinda sucked as Denver's coach and back tracked on the Indy job but all I have heard about him before this is that he coaches tough and is good with QB's?

Im not saying im Ok with this hire (if it does happen) but it's kinda intriguing.

Yeah but that WAS speculation. I donít believe he had even interviewed yet. I believe they were just connecting dots between him and the GM I believe

The eagles met with josh for like 12 hours lol

No guarantees but josh seems a bit different than that
    Exactly. They met with him for 12 hours. If you were a reporter and didnít have much to go on besides the fact that they met for 12 hours, what would you say to fans? I agree it looks like mcdaniels is the lead candidate but Iím not sure heís definitely gonna be the guy yet. We also have heard reports since that interview that the eagles also really like joe Brady. Which is it, or are both true? Either way I think the eagles still have a little bit more work to put in before they make their decision.

I didn't mean to suggest you were. Just saying that I think there's enough smoke that right now...that's where the wind is blowing.

Agreed, thatís what it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Just wondering why everyone here thinks Josh McDaniel's is a bad pick? Yeah he kinda sucked as Denver's coach and back tracked on the Indy job but all I have heard about him before this is that he coaches tough and is good with QB's?

Im not saying im Ok with this hire (if it does happen) but it's kinda intriguing.
    As I said last night, the Eagles are a team with power issues and QB issues. McDaniels last tenure was rife with power struggles and isolating his QB. Maybe he learned, but it's a hell of a risk to take with McDaniels in this spot. It screams "going to blow up in your face".

Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast