Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Saleh to the Jets. Check one off.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

That one disappoints me, I really liked him as a fit.

Lurie wants an offensive minded coach. I just think it will come down to Brady, Smith, or a surprise college hire.

Rumor is that Arthur Smith is who Atlanta wants.

Maybe they will throw the Brink truck at Lincoln Riley for one final push

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    That one disappoints me, I really liked him as a fit.
    I like Saleh, but in the end, I just didn't think he was very likely. Wish him the best. As many have said I kind of expect someone a little off the radar. I think right now, I'm expecting someone from this list:

Staley, Kafka, Daboll, Moore. And I know I added Kellen Moore which is a bit weird, but I think he's a bit on the "periphery" of "wunderkind" coaches (he doesn't come from a sexy tree, he hasn't had a ton of OC experience, the Cowboys had a weird year), and if the Eagles want to go OC, Moore might be interested.

Latest I saw on Jeff stoutland is that Alabama is trying to hire him and other nfl teams are trying to poach him, however, heís still under contract and at the moment doesnít plan on moving (could obviously change if someone blows him away with an offer). Could also depend on who the eagles hire as the head coach and also how soon they hire the head coach. Iím not sure stoutland would stay loyal to the eagles if itís been a month or so and the eagles still donít know who the head coach is gonna be and stoutland is getting all kinds of job offers.

Eagles Off-season 2021 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Rumor is that Arthur Smith is who Atlanta wants.
    A lot of teams liked him. Apparently the eagles were really impressed with their interview with him. Itíll be interesting to see how he does there if he does accept the job offer. As of right now I think itís been offered but he hasnít officially accepted yet.
    Last edited by QQQ; 01-15-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I like Saleh, but in the end, I just didn't think he was very likely. Wish him the best. As many have said I kind of expect someone a little off the radar. I think right now, I'm expecting someone from this list:

Staley, Kafka, Daboll, Moore. And I know I added Kellen Moore which is a bit weird, but I think he's a bit on the "periphery" of "wunderkind" coaches (he doesn't come from a sexy tree, he hasn't had a ton of OC experience, the Cowboys had a weird year), and if the Eagles want to go OC, Moore might be interested.
    From that list I like Staley best since I believe he has the players bought in and they respect him. My concern would be Lurie/Howie trying to run all over him. The other guys like you said are a bit off the beaten path so wide degree of variance in what we get, could be great could be wildly unsuccessful, or could land in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    From that list I like Staley best since I believe he has the players bought in and they respect him. My concern would be Lurie/Howie trying to run all over him. The other guys like you said are a bit off the beaten path so wide degree of variance in what we get, could be great could be wildly unsuccessful, or could land in the middle.
    Yeah, it's just a "reading the tea leaves" list. But there's one thing that I think all coaches have, and it's "Eagles or bust". Saleh went to NY. I think Smith goes to Atlanta. I think we'll lose out on guys that way, so I think the coaches the Eagles will be picking from will be of that mantra. Staley has never really been considered for anything outside of Philly, and if he's going to be a HC, it kind of seems "Philly or bust" right now. Daboll and Kafka probably sit around in the playoffs for too long to get most jobs, and especially with Daboll, someone who's never had this helium before in his coaching career, if that's the case, I think "Eagles or bust" may be on the table. For Moore, like I said, he seems to be on the periphery of the "wunderkind" coaching options league wide.

I'm not against Staley; I don't think there's much reason for anyone to be against him...I don't think anyone knows anything about Duce Staley as a coach because he's been here, but there's always been someone over him who's had more to say. That said, Staley also feels like the kind of coach you hire and say "Well the players like him and the fans will like the nostalgia" and then you throw him to the wolves. And Duce seems like a good guy and I don't want to see that. But I think he's the kind of guy who you hire, and in 2 years, when the Eagles have a bad 2021, and a middling 2022, you fire and bring in someone more exciting.

This is incredible. Saleh to jets and im really really happy Falcons are scooping up Smith.
    The stars are aligning please Howie bring in Brady. My number one choice and the best possible choice for us.

I'm also curious if Atlanta keeps Dirk Koetter,he's another QB developing coach we can snap as an offensive coordinator if we get an offensive minded coach.

Looking promising, but I'll probably be let down
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    This is incredible. Saleh to jets and im really really happy Falcons are scooping up Smith.
    The stars are aligning please Howie bring in Brady. My number one choice and the best possible choice for us.

I'm also curious if Atlanta keeps Dirk Koetter,he's another QB developing coach we can snap as an offensive coordinator if we get an offensive minded coach.

Looking promising, but I'll probably be let down
    I think Brady is at the top of my list too. Eric Bieniemy and Duce are my other two favorites to land it. I would prefer Brady though. I think he might be the next Sean McVay type to come to the NFL head coaching ranks. I'd be pretty excited about him. I think Duce is the front runner right now though. I'm wondering how a team under him would look though.

Duce has been my #1 for a bit. Because you can get the innovative offensive mind at OC and letís be real ďjarod Mayo at DCĒ

But when it comes to a leader and presence I like Duce a lot

I donít always take into account what players say but for a guy like Malcolm to come out and support Duce like he did when heís from a different side of the ball says something

Sure there may end up being better prospect coaches on the market. And guys like Arthur smith and saleh definitely have the credentials

But I like Duce

Btw Iím honestly surprised more teams arenít waiting until they can interview daboll. Thatís shocking to me.

Iím wondering if the eagles will be waiting to finalize their search until after they meet with Kafka and Daboll

Also Arthur being offered the job and not accepting yet is odd. Wondering if heís waiting to weigh his options

Per BGN

The Philadelphia Eagles interviewed Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith for their head coaching vacancy on Thursday evening.

And the Eagles were ďreally impressedĒ with Smith, according to Derrick Gunn.

Itís probably more meaningful that this report is coming from a plugged-in local guy like Gunn as opposed to a national reporter. The latter source likely wouldíve originated from an agent trying to make his client more marketable. That Gunn is reporting this about Smith makes me believe the Eagles are truly impressed.

Hereís what we previously wrote about Smith:

The 38-year-old has an interesting background.

He joined the Tennessee Titans as a defensive quality control coach under Mike Munchakís original staff in 2011. From there, he survived multiple head coach changes (Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Mularkey) and gradually rose to replacing current Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur as the Titansí play-calling offensive coordinator under Mike Vrabel in 2019.

Hereís how Smithís offenses have ranked in DVOA:

2019 ó 6th
    2020 ó 4th

Smith has overseen the unexpected resurgence of Ryan Tannehillís career and perhaps the Eagles think he can be the one to help fix Carson Wentz. There is some question about how Smith will fare without the presence of a truly remarkable rushing talent in Derrick Henry.

As I said on the latest BGN Radio podcast episode, though, I donít think itís like Smith necessarily needs an elite workhorse running back in order to succeed. The presumption here is that heís merely been coaching to his teamís strengths, which is what good coaches do!

If the Eagles truly want Smith, they might have to act fast. Heís already interviewed with the Atlanta Falcons twice and heís set to meet with the Detroit Lions on Friday. He previously interviewed with the Los Angeles Chargers.

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast