Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...lphia-football

So yeah, this is interesting.. Apparently Lincoln Riley and howie roseman are pretty tight? Also interesting, Riley convinced the eagles to take both Jalen reagor and Jalen hurts.. Um.. Is this a move that has been in the works for a year?
    Joe Banner did state he thought the Eagles knew who they wanted and could get it done. It sounded far more like personal speculation than reporting anything he knew...but he was in Philadelphia and he would have an inkling of how things worked here.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Oh man so much to unpack with that. From a conspiracy side it’d mean they haven’t liked Doug for a while. From a draft stand point jalen would make even more sense since Doug reportedly was against it

Also I have concerns if Riley was telling us to take reagor and howie was listening especially considering what happened with Jefferson

Do I want Riley in the room if that’s his evaluation

Wouldn’t be surprised if Riley ends up the guy and jalen ends up starting

It’s odd. I feel with Doug gone Wentz is more likely to stay, however, if Riley is the guy it seems Hurts is most likely the guy.

If they truly have wanted Riley for a couple years now that must also mean they probably haven’t been sold on Wentz either.

It Hurts was literally just a pick because they wanted to show Riley they were truly interested in his guys with no real intent on replacing Wentz, that makes the pick even ********.

I’d rather keep Wentz and see what a new coach/OC can do with him, even if it’s Riley, than I would go with Hurts at this point.

Doug and Wentz couldn’t coexist and now only one is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Oh man so much to unpack with that. From a conspiracy side it’d mean they haven’t liked Doug for a while. From a draft stand point jalen would make even more sense since Doug reportedly was against it

Also I have concerns if Riley was telling us to take reagor and howie was listening especially considering what happened with Jefferson

Do I want Riley in the room if that’s his evaluation

Wouldn’t be surprised if Riley ends up the guy and jalen ends up starting
    You can take this article how you want, but it lays out a compelling argument that the organization never really embraced Pederson to begin with. I think a lot of is speculative, so you can feel how you want, but it does seem to echo an idea that maybe the Eagles never trusted Doug, for better or worse.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...hiladelphia-gm

I'm not sure I buy into any deep state conspiracies that they drafted Hurts thinking they'd be firing Pederson and could get Riley this year, but I do think it points to a prior relationship between Riley and Roseman, making their pursuit of him logical and possible. It may also go to support the Banner argument that the Eagles had an idea of who they could likely and logically get by making a move past Pederson. I'd buy an argument that the Eagles never cared much about Doug and they used this as an excuse to push him out, however.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-12-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Updating the search; the Eagles have also requested to interview Robert Saleh and now Arthur Smith. Add that to Lincoln Riley and the high probability of Duce Staley getting an interview.

EDIT: Todd Bowles, as well, has been requested.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    It’s odd. I feel with Doug gone Wentz is more likely to stay, however, if Riley is the guy it seems Hurts is most likely the guy.

If they truly have wanted Riley for a couple years now that must also mean they probably haven’t been sold on Wentz either.

It Hurts was literally just a pick because they wanted to show Riley they were truly interested in his guys with no real intent on replacing Wentz, that makes the pick even ********.

I’d rather keep Wentz and see what a new coach/OC can do with him, even if it’s Riley, than I would go with Hurts at this point.

Doug and Wentz couldn’t coexist and now only one is here.

If they weren't sure on Wentz then there was no reason to pay him.

There's certainly more to all of this than any of us know.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Updating the search; the Eagles have also requested to interview Robert Saleh and now Arthur Smith. Add that to Lincoln Riley and the high probability of Duce Staley getting an interview.

EDIT: Todd Bowles, as well, has been requested.
    All of these names bring different strengths and interest

However, if they dont at least interview Daboll....then they arent dedicated to fixing Wentz

Josh Allen was a punch line before Daboll got to Buffalo. I realize bringing in Diggs helped. But Daboll has transformed Allen into at least a top 8 QB. He made Tua look like a top college QB

He is the only coach I would trust to be able to revive Wentz's career and bring some creativity to this offense

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    All of these names bring different strengths and interest

However, if they dont at least interview Daboll....then they arent dedicated to fixing Wentz

Josh Allen was a punch line before Daboll got to Buffalo. I realize bringing in Diggs helped. But Daboll has transformed Allen into at least a top 8 QB. He made Tua look like a top college QB

He is the only coach I would trust to be able to revive Wentz's career and bring some creativity to this offense
    If they want to fix Wentz, Daboll's on the short list. I think Arthur Smith should get some credit for turning Ryan Tannehill into a good QB, as well. Hard to say how much that was his direct input on the QB's and the playcalling...but I think he's probably in some respects, due to helping out there.

With the wide net they seem to be asking for, I'd assume Daboll gets a request at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

After luries press conference. stating the difference in philosophy with Doug was centered around Doug wanting to win now and them wanting to set themselves up to win long term

It sounds like (speculation) they were trying to see if they had 1 more run in this crew. Paying wentz is the way to make that 1 more run. And when the wheels started to shake in 2019 on the team they tried to salvage it by forcing a staff onto Doug and take one more swing in 2020 by getting guys like NRC and slay. But then those shaky wheels fell off and I think they want to blow it up

With how much the eagles made it clear this is a long term outlook rebuild wentz makes little to no sense anymore

Then you consider luries comments that their outlook is 2022 and beyond which is the year wentz is more easily cut

If you put pieces together it sounds like wentz was signed to run it back. It didn’t work out and now they’re moving on

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

I think it was Howie trying to lock in a QB they had faith in (albeit waining) early to lower his contract. It was high at the time but considering this is the last year of his deal, the idea would’ve been to not have a hold out situation if no backup plan.

Howie outsmarted himself before they confirmed if they were sold or not.

There’s definitely more to this and the timing of when things happened aren’t clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Saleh sounds like he might be the Jets new coach

Screw that college coach. Promote Duce. This article basically sold me on that idea.

The Eagles previously interviewed Staley for their head coach job in 2016 and opted to go with Pederson instead.

But Duce might have a much better chance this time around.

For starters, Staley’s a more experienced candidate than he used to be. He’s served as the Eagles’ running backs coach for eight seasons now. He also had the assistant head coach title added in 2018. The Eagles had the unique experience of seeing how Staley ran the team when Pederson had to quarantine for over a week due a positive COVID-19 test during training camp last year.

Lurie mentioned “leadership” as a key attribute they want to see in their next head coach and Staley seems to fit the bill. He comes off very well in media interviews, for what it’s worth. Further, enthusiastic endorsements from current and former players alike could work in his favor:

Staley might also be the perfect fit for the Eagles’ current situation. Let’s face it: the Eagles have one of the least attractive coaching jobs on the market. My pal Jimmy Kempski outlined it well:Jimmy Kempski
    @JimmyKempski
    ·
    Jan 11
    The Eagles' open HC job won't be appealing. QB spot unsettled, the roster stinks otherwise (and has little chance of getting better anytime soon because of an awful cap situation), and there will be rightful concerns about a history of HC friction with team brass.

The Eagles’ might not be able to hire the perceived “top” candidates. Going in-house might be the best option available to them.

On that note, I think it’s important to contextualize how Pederson was fired. It wasn’t like Lurie was automatically getting rid of him no matter. Had Pederson been more willing to bend to Lurie’s demands and bring in external candidates as opposed to a bunch of internal promotions, he might’ve been able to keep his job. Perhaps Staley will be willing to do what Pederson wasn’t since the former would be getting a big promotion in the process.

Plus, if the Eagles make Staley their next head coach, they have the option of keeping some of the things they like about the team (offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland, for example) in tact. An external hire, meanwhile, would likely push to make more sweeping changes.

I previously wrote that I felt like Staley is one of the Eagles’ top two most realistic options to replace Pederson. I can envision the team promoting him to be an overseer while still aiming to bring in a play-caller as their offensive coordinator (Mike Kafka? Graham Harrell?). Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is the other key name to watch due to the fact he shares an agent with Howie Roseman. Connections could be key in this Eagles coaching search that’s said to have the team “scrambling” for Pederson’s replacement.

I'm not against Staley. Maybe he's been overlooked and an underrated commodity. Maybe there's a reason he's been overlooked and on no one's radar. And maybe he'd be much of the same. I don't really know and the Eagles do. So I wouldn't be mad about Staley, but I would be a bit skeptical that it was a "oh ****, no one wants this job" hire. That said, sounds like players like him, so he'd start off well with them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm not against Staley. Maybe he's been overlooked and an underrated commodity. Maybe there's a reason he's been overlooked and on no one's radar. And maybe he'd be much of the same. I don't really know and the Eagles do. So I wouldn't be mad about Staley, but I would be a bit skeptical that it was a "oh ****, no one wants this job" hire. That said, sounds like players like him, so he'd start off well with them.

Last guy they hired like that was Doug and that didn’t work out well for them. Worked out fine for the fans though

All that stuff about them wanting to fire Doug in 2016 and never buying into him leads me to believe they’re going to go big

They’re going to get the guy the “want”

If they can.

I like Staley and am a proponent of him. Regardless I don’t foresee them pulling that trigger. In fact I completely doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Last guy they hired like that was Doug and that didn’t work out well for them. Worked out fine for the fans though

All that stuff about them wanting to fire Doug in 2016 and never buying into him leads me to believe they’re going to go big

They’re going to get the guy the “want”

If they can.

I like Staley and am a proponent of him. Regardless I don’t foresee them pulling that trigger. In fact I completely doubt it
    I don't expect Staley early. But I think there's a very real chance, outside of Riley, that every other "big candidate" will have no interest in this spot. I think it'll either be Riley or a Staley type, myself. Which either way, I'm fine on.

Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast