Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Supposedly Pederson wanted out.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Also glad Howie Roseman gets to pick, yet another coach.

This franchise is a mess right now.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    And a Cubs rebuild to boot. Woo hooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And a Cubs rebuild to boot. Woo hooooo.
    Yeah, sportsball is not going to be very fun in 2021. Or 2022 for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Hard to blame him. You can say what you want about his choices for coaches, but as the HC, that's kind of what you do; pick your staff. He was basically being told "Yeah, your picks are stupid, figure out with these guys I chose for you". The GM sucks, the team's in cap hell, you could make an argument that the Eagles need to draft a QB, need to fix Wentz or need to fix Hurts so there's no clarity there...

I won't sit here and defend Pederson in that I think he absolutely earned all of the questions on whether he was the right guy, and I have no issue walking away from him, but if I'm Doug, this isn't the organization I want to be apart of right now either. I'd want out, too.

Hard to blame him. You can say what you want about his choices for coaches, but as the HC, that's kind of what you do; pick your staff. He was basically being told "Yeah, your picks are stupid, figure out with these guys I chose for you". The GM sucks, the team's in cap hell, you could make an argument that the Eagles need to draft a QB, need to fix Wentz or need to fix Hurts so there's no clarity there...

I won't sit here and defend Pederson in that I think he absolutely earned all of the questions on whether he was the right guy, and I have no issue walking away from him, but if I'm Doug, this isn't the organization I want to be apart of right now either. I'd want out, too.
    Did he earn these questions? A team devoid of talent (roseman) in cap hell (roseman) and a forced upon offensive staff (roseman and lurie)

Iím not sure Doug really was given much of a chance.

The statement Lurie just issued basically backs up the reports coming out of him being underwhelmed.

Now once Doug issues his statement, itll come out thay he was working with control freaks and **** will hit the fan.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Did he earn these questions? A team devoid of talent (roseman) in cap hell (roseman) and a forced upon offensive staff (roseman and lurie)

Iím not sure Doug really was given much of a chance.
    I think there's enough there to suggest he earned questions. His offensive coaching staff choices were suspect at the very best after 2017, his offensive game plan seemed to get very weird this year, especially with Wentz under center, he seemingly went away from a lot of what made him Doug Pederson earlier in his tenure, while also making some weird 2 point and 4th down decisions. Truthfully, I think Doug Pederson put himself into a lot of hot water that didn't need to happen. He could have done better.

In conjunction, Howie Roseman failed horribly the last 3 offseasons to provide him with any help, drafted like an idiot, and for whatever reason, gets to pick a third coach. I think he put himself in all of the hot water too...somehow he siphoned it off and gets to dump it on Pederson and go away free from everything.

Frankly, if Pederson is gone, Howie should be right out the door with him. I can understand why you may have lost faith in Pederson. What I don't understand is how Howie wasn't already fired, or fired with him. It's backwards. As I said, I think this organization is a mess right now. I wouldn't want this job

I'm indifferent and could care less. Is Doug a good coach? I think so. But I think as a developer and teacher he's not very good at all and he doesn't play to the strengths of a QB like a McVay/Shannahan/Sean Payton mould.

I also said I'd choose Wentz over Doug because its easier to revive a QB with elite level talent than it is to try replacing him which could take years and lead to mediocrity.

I want a damn young innovative offensive general now.
    Sucks Stefanski is gone, sucks Nagy or Reich won't be let go.

But Joe Brady is there but we never look at coaches like that so it'll be some underwhelming trash bag.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I just think the eagles are shooting themselves in the foot here... itís not exactly a sexy coaching destination.. they might really have to dig deep in the dumpster to get their next guy

I think there's enough there to suggest he earned questions. His offensive coaching staff choices were suspect at the very best after 2017, his offensive game plan seemed to get very weird this year, especially with Wentz under center, he seemingly went away from a lot of what made him Doug Pederson earlier in his tenure, while also making some weird 2 point and 4th down decisions. Truthfully, I think Doug Pederson put himself into a lot of hot water that didn't need to happen. He could have done better.

In conjunction, Howie Roseman failed horribly the last 3 offseasons to provide him with any help, drafted like an idiot, and for whatever reason, gets to pick a third coach. I think he put himself in all of the hot water too...somehow he siphoned it off and gets to dump it on Pederson and go away free from everything.

Frankly, if Pederson is gone, Howie should be right out the door with him. I can understand why you may have lost faith in Pederson. What I don't understand is how Howie wasn't already fired, or fired with him. It's backwards. As I said, I think this organization is a mess right now. I wouldn't want this job
    People need to stop with blaming Roseman on everything. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I was the only one on this forum that kept saying let's trade high picks for guys like Ramsey, Minkah, Jamal Adams but no one wanted to because they rather have drafted Reagor and Dillard. We knew our track records in drafts which is why I preferred on trading for young proven elite talent over the crap we were going to draft. Has Howie been horrible at drafting?? I think so but I also don't know how our draft process works.

But lets not act like he hasn't hit more times than not on trades and free agents. People don't look at the whole picture, instead pick one aspect and think a guys ruined the franchise.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I just think the eagles are shooting themselves in the foot here... itís not exactly a sexy coaching destination.. they might really have to dig deep in the dumpster to get their next guy
    I think that's a fair assessment. This is a bad destination right now. Of all 7 openings, I think you can argue this is the least desirable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Were not the Lions here, people are getting too carried away.

We play in the NFC east, we have elite talent on both sides of the ball in place. Our trenches on both sides going to be back and healthy and back to performing at a high level next year barring another fluke off season injury.

We have a top 10 back in Miles still, if Carson is fixed thats an easy top 10 QB in the league. We potentially after the draft and IF the draft goes according to plan can have a really good balanced team still.

The new coach also can choose his own d coordinator
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

People need to stop with blaming Roseman on everything. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I was the only one on this forum that kept saying let's trade high picks for guys like Ramsey, Minkah, Jamal Adams but no one wanted to because they rather have drafted Reagor and Dillard. We knew our track records in drafts which is why I preferred on trading for young proven elite talent over the crap we were going to draft. Has Howie been horrible at drafting?? I think so but I also don't know how our draft process works.

But lets not act like he hasn't hit more times than not on trades and free agents. People don't look at the whole picture, instead pick one aspect and think a guys ruined the franchise.
    I mean, I'm willing to look at the whole picture, but the Eagles have not done a good job hitting on the players they have needed to, and the thought processes are bad. The draft last year was more than "Reagor hasn't worked out". Why take Hurts in the 2nd? Why Taylor in the 3rd? These are weird choices. They didn't sit well at the time, and they continue to be odd. Why do we sink so much into some spots, but completely and utterly lack to care about things like linebackers? It's been a consistent issue. We're in straight up cap hell right now because of his management.

I don't think he's failed every little thing he's done. But he's done a bad job for years now putting this team into a good position. If Pederson is going to get the axe after arguably a single bad season, letting Howie Roseman skate by when he's generally failed in many aspects over the last 3 offseasons seems like a weird split in the "blame". Pederson can own lots of blame, but at best it's 50/50 between the two. If Doug's gone, Howie should be gone, too. It makes almost no sense to lay this on the feet of Doug with almost zero blame on Howie's.

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast